yiantony

Fan
Reactions
Even as much as I wanted to say that being not innovative has nothing to do with this reliability rating, losing the fight at both sides really should teach them a lesson.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
JD Power is being pretty ridiculous with this, how many G80's did they sell in that year? 500? 1500?

Also what makes 2018 ES so good that it is so well rated by JDP? Cant be multimedia, since it was still old one.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I will be in a similar situation. Never bought anything other than Lexus/Toyota. What brands are you considering? One issue I have encountered is the way some other brand dealerships treat customers (hospitality, attitude, openness to concerns, etc). For example, in my area, Mercedes sucks. It is even worst than a mass market brand.

I purchased 2015 A7 3.0 TFSI in July 2019 with 50k miles on the clock.

Still not used to it, many, many idiotic things that Audi owners dont care about but coming from Lexus it is very, very annoying. Engine is good though.

Will1991

Reactions
In a related note, Lexus just won 2020 What Car? Reliability award.

The old CT200h got a perfect 100% reliability score in the previous 12 months, while it got 99% and 93,3% for up to 5 years old and from 6 up to 15 years respectly (for the entire range).

Source: https://blog.lexus.co.uk/lexus-awards-2020/

As a side note, this post should make @internalaudit smile since he’s getting a used CT 😎

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
In a related note, Lexus just won 2020 What Car? Reliability award.

The old CT200h got a perfect 100% reliability score in the previous 12 months, while it got 99% and 93,3% for up to 5 years old and from 6 up to 15 years respectly (for the entire range).

Source: https://blog.lexus.co.uk/lexus-awards-2020/

As a side note, this post should make @internalaudit smile since he’s getting a used CT 😎

Can't even give away my 02 Civic 5MT free with some freebies. :(

Taking possession end of February and will post some photos for sure.

I think if I need to replace my Toyota/Lexus hybrids or 2011 Accord with a Li-ion battery BEV, I will stick with Toyota/Lexus (safety-minded at the expense of performance?) or maybe Honda if it comes with electric torque vectoring but I think with proper maintenance of these vehicles, I can definitely wait until 2025, or even 2027 lol.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I know some people like how Infiniti looks. I personally think their cars look good too. I don't really know why people are buying acura.. they probably think they are as reliable as Lexus.

For the more knowledgeable, SH-AWD but that Sports Hybrid SH-AWD will be appealing to me once offered in future Acura BEVs. Electric motors with torque vectoring are going to be a blast.

Definitely Acura reliability is not as good as it once was but its past motors were made to last -- 02 Civic at 273,000 km still runs fine and 11 Accord with 142,000 km still driving like 90% new. Manual transmission on the Civic still good and on the original clutch.

There is little reason to buy them over the competition or anyone if they are not even reliable. That used to be a Japanese hallmark and a good selling point for them. They both already have enough issues with the brand, now they are not even reliable. What a disaster.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
There is little reason to buy them over the competition or anyone if they are not even reliable. That used to be a Japanese hallmark and a good selling point for them. They both already have enough issues with the brand, now they are not even reliable. What a disaster.

Honda's recent engines (1.5T) and transmission (9 speed ZF) aren't reliable but with BEVs, those two components miraculously disappear. Still electric motor SH-AWD (already on its Acura hybrids with three motors) may prove invaluable to Honda down the road.

With BEVs and more stable battery technology by mid-decade, there could be a rearranging of the quality pecking order.