LC500 Mark Levinson

Reactions
I have experienced many car audio systems but expressed my dissatisfaction withML audio system in my LC500.Spoke with Lexus and dealer as I feel the system front loads all the music regardless of source.Surround is a joke with this system . There should be a fullness of sound with more from rear speakers . Thought my amplifier might be defective but not the case. Dealership acknowledged and hope they can produce an update fix for this.
Would like to hear other comments regarding M levinson in LC500

mikeavelli

Reactions
Hey. What type of music are you playing and what is your input source?

I have found the system in the LS to be superior to the LC.

Reactions
As a lifelong audiophile, I've had (still do) several ultra high-fidelity 2ch systems in dedicated music rooms, so I always find a lot wrong in even the most advanced automotive systems. The LC however is one of the worst so-called hi-fi car systems that I've listened to.

Reactions
I’ve started a “case”with Corporate Lexus regarding my dissatisfaction.Not too confident anything will come of it though!

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
As I've noted, all of the newer Lexus/ML systems I've heard concentrate on the front seats. With everything set to default, soundstaging and instrument placement in my LS500 are top-notch, and I'm completely positive Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson are standing on my hood. But if you pan it to the rear everything collapses, something that didn't happen in my 2015. I'm not clear on if this is Lexus' fault or if it's fallout from Mark Levinson (and the rest of Harman) now being owned by Samsung.

RAL

Reactions
We have the ML system in our 2019 ES. Honestly, the resonance and the surround sound are outstanding when I leave everything in balance. The sub-woofer is very active/apparent. From the rear seat, the sound is good, not as 'present' as the front seat, but still good. I am not experiencing the 'collapse' Ian refers to when I pan to the rear. I feel for those who are dissatisfied, particularly with the LC system. The wattage in the ES ML system is 1800; the LS 2400. I wonder what it is in the LC?

Reactions
I believe my LC is 912 Watts in the Mark Levinson. I don’t believe that is the issue. The more I listen the more I become disenchanted. Little sound from front door speakers, all of rear and much more. I feel Lexus needs to address this for such a beautiful vehicle
At this price.

Reactions
We have the ML system in our 2019 ES. Honestly, the resonance and the surround sound are outstanding when I leave everything in balance. The sub-woofer is very active/apparent. From the rear seat, the sound is good, not as 'present' as the front seat, but still good. I am not experiencing the 'collapse' Ian refers to when I pan to the rear. I feel for those who are dissatisfied, particularly with the LC system. The wattage in the ES ML system is 1800; the LS 2400. I wonder what it is in the LC?
Ral... I am trying to reach one of the Lexus directors to request that something is done with the Lc ML system although not with much success so far. I honestly can’t remember listening to an audio configuration that is so uninspiring. Your input on what to expect is spot on.

Reactions
Regarding the Mark Levinson, my complaint has been processed. To further update, Lexus corporate called me and they are arranging for me to meet with Lexus representative at the dealership towards the end of this month to see and hear the ML in my LC500. Not sure what if anything can be done. Hope I don’t have to live it for the duration
Like to hear from other LC owners on their opinions.

RAL

Reactions
Regarding the Mark Levinson, my complaint has been processed. To further update, Lexus corporate called me and they are arranging for me to meet with Lexus representative at the dealership towards the end of this month to see and hear the ML in my LC500. Not sure what if anything can be done. Hope I don’t have to live it for the duration
Like to hear from other LC owners on their opinions.
Please let us know how the meeting goes. I hope you can get some satisfaction. If memory serves, I think @PeterF has an LC. Don't know if he has the ML system.

Reactions
i have the ML and to my 70 yr old, classical/blues/hawaiian tainted ears, the system sounds wonderful....the coupe is so small the 13 speakers bathe the interior with stunning shimmering sheets of sounds, rolling off the caramel colored leather everywhere. i couldnt imagine hearing a better system. my advice would be, to make certain you are playing beautiful music in your beautiful car, to begin with...aloha!

Reactions
has anyone heard anything more on this issue. I am an enthusiast in Audio and am experiencing the same collapse when moving info around the cabin except in balanced mode with no exaggeration on the r/front or r/left. when in balanced mode the audio is clean and tight,

Reactions
my advice to anyone experiencing diseuphoria with the ml system in their lc 500 would be to turn it up, ... its a fantastic sound system and i cant imagine anyone thinking otherwise.

Reactions
LOL. in other words leave well enough alone, it is a 2 seater in regards to space, agreed. Just wanted to be sure that I did not miss a response by Lexus if it was deemed that there was an actual issue.

Reactions
thanks for responding. it would be helpful if the complainant would reveal the results of his convalesence with the lexus dealer regarding his original problem with the ml sound system, so we could all listen in....btw, i cant believe you guys edited my little humorous suggestion...whew...no sense of humor ! come on....

Reactions
Just got the LC out of storage from the winter and the ML still sounds the nuts, clean great low end, with crisp highs. Great cruisin. Ahhh!

Reactions: RAL