Lexus LC LC500 Mark Levinson

Reaction score
I have experienced many car audio systems but expressed my dissatisfaction withML audio system in my LC500.Spoke with Lexus and dealer as I feel the system front loads all the music regardless of source.Surround is a joke with this system . There should be a fullness of sound with more from rear speakers . Thought my amplifier might be defective but not the case. Dealership acknowledged and hope they can produce an update fix for this.
Would like to hear other comments regarding M levinson in LC500

mikeavelli

Connoisseur
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey. What type of music are you playing and what is your input source?

I have found the system in the LS to be superior to the LC.

Reaction score
Hey. What type of music are you playing and what is your input source?

I have found the system in the LS to be superior to the LC.
I’ve tried all input sources.... all pretty much the same as far as poor surround
Listen to classic rock and blues

Reaction score
As a lifelong audiophile, I've had (still do) several ultra high-fidelity 2ch systems in dedicated music rooms, so I always find a lot wrong in even the most advanced automotive systems. The LC however is one of the worst so-called hi-fi car systems that I've listened to.

Reaction score
I’ve started a “case”with Corporate Lexus regarding my dissatisfaction.Not too confident anything will come of it though!

Ian Schmidt

Expert
Staff member
Reaction score
As I've noted, all of the newer Lexus/ML systems I've heard concentrate on the front seats. With everything set to default, soundstaging and instrument placement in my LS500 are top-notch, and I'm completely positive Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson are standing on my hood. But if you pan it to the rear everything collapses, something that didn't happen in my 2015. I'm not clear on if this is Lexus' fault or if it's fallout from Mark Levinson (and the rest of Harman) now being owned by Samsung.

RAL

Expert
Staff member
Reaction score
We have the ML system in our 2019 ES. Honestly, the resonance and the surround sound are outstanding when I leave everything in balance. The sub-woofer is very active/apparent. From the rear seat, the sound is good, not as 'present' as the front seat, but still good. I am not experiencing the 'collapse' Ian refers to when I pan to the rear. I feel for those who are dissatisfied, particularly with the LC system. The wattage in the ES ML system is 1800; the LS 2400. I wonder what it is in the LC?

Reaction score
I believe my LC is 912 Watts in the Mark Levinson. I don’t believe that is the issue. The more I listen the more I become disenchanted. Little sound from front door speakers, all of rear and much more. I feel Lexus needs to address this for such a beautiful vehicle
At this price.

Reaction score
We have the ML system in our 2019 ES. Honestly, the resonance and the surround sound are outstanding when I leave everything in balance. The sub-woofer is very active/apparent. From the rear seat, the sound is good, not as 'present' as the front seat, but still good. I am not experiencing the 'collapse' Ian refers to when I pan to the rear. I feel for those who are dissatisfied, particularly with the LC system. The wattage in the ES ML system is 1800; the LS 2400. I wonder what it is in the LC?
Ral... I am trying to reach one of the Lexus directors to request that something is done with the Lc ML system although not with much success so far. I honestly can’t remember listening to an audio configuration that is so uninspiring. Your input on what to expect is spot on.