Jim Ollick

Founding Member
Reactions
That is one of the reasons I left New Jersey for Georgia over 11 years ago. I cannot stand snow. Glad you made it home safely.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I hate the cold. Its cool for a week tops. Unfortunately I was asked to move from Miami back to Atlanta and I'm freezing now (high 20s, low 30s today)...

Next lifetime I guess...

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Lexus IS Owner Blog: An Interview with My Wife

19-05-29-lexus-karissa-is.jpg

A fresh perspective.
View the original article post

Last edited:
Reactions
Hey guys new here on the Lexus Enthusiast. Just leased a 2019 Lexus IS300 F Sport 2 months ago in black with black interior.

Had a question about how your transmission shifts. I have the AWD 6 Speed Transmission as well.

So prior to this car I had a BMW 3 Series and the Dodge Challenger GT AWD, and both those cars shifted through the gears very smoothly.

I have noticed on 1-4th gear that I can feel the shifts pronouncly on my f sport. Is anyone else experiencing that?

Thanks guys!!!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Hey guys new here on the Lexus Enthusiast. Just leased a 2019 Lexus IS300 F Sport 2 months ago in black with black interior.

Had a question about how your transmission shifts. I have the AWD 6 Speed Transmission as well.

So prior to this car I had a BMW 3 Series and the Dodge Challenger GT AWD, and both those cars shifted through the gears very smoothly.

I have noticed on 1-4th gear that I can feel the shifts pronouncly on my f sport. Is anyone else experiencing that?

Thanks guys!!!

It's hard to say exactly, but this is a learning transmission and I imagine the shifts on an F SPORT model are programmed to be aggressive. It will likely smooth out as it learns how you drive.

You might also be in SPORT mode? That would make a difference.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-09-04-lexus-is-damage-accident.jpg

It happened in a flash, unexpected. I was driving alone my IS 300 on the highway in Toronto, stop-and-go traffic, plenty of space all around me, when a dusty old Buick slammed into me from behind.
First the shock, followed by a surprising quietness and a head full of racing thoughts. I angled towards the shoulder, eyes locked on the other driver, making sure to write the license plate number on my windshield with my finger.

Thanks to my Lexus dashcam, I have footage of the accident:

At first glance, the damage doesn’t look serious. I had been coasting with the flow of traffic, and that movement reduced the impact to a visible imprint on my back bumper.
I call the police, but was informed that no officer will be dispatched to an accident with no injury. Thankfully, this isn’t the case — we are both fine. Instead, we have to drive to a Collision Reporting Center to make a statement and have...

Continue reading...

RAL

Reactions
I empathize with you @krew . It has been almost three months since our accident and I am still squeamish.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-09-04-lexus-is-damage-accident.jpg

A couple months back, I was involved in my first-ever accident when my Lexus IS 300 was rear-ended on a highway in Toronto. I’ve already gone over the specifics of the actual event, and now it’s time to talk about the repair.
The first surprise after my accident happened shortly after, when I brought the car to the local Lexus-certified collision center for an estimate.
From the outside, the damage appeared minimal — just some denting on the rear bumper. But taking the cover off, the appraiser found that the entire steel impact bar had pushed into the rear panel and broken both of the crumple zone clips. The car was no longer safe to drive, the protection gone if another accident occurred.
19-10-22-lexus-is-bumper-repair.jpg

This began an odyssey of...

Continue reading...

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Ian Schmidt said:
Can't let mmcartalk have all the review fun around here 😀

Some vehicles are quite pleasant to review....others can be boring, drudgery, or even a PITA. Take the difference between the new 2020 Aviator and Explorer, for example....both done on the same platform. The Aviator (and its smaller Corsair brother) were both quite pleasant to review and drive.....the Explorer, a clear disappointment, at least IMO.