krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-09-04-lexus-is-damage-accident.jpg

A couple months back, I was involved in my first-ever accident when my Lexus IS 300 was rear-ended on a highway in Toronto. I’ve already gone over the specifics of the actual event, and now it’s time to talk about the repair.
The first surprise after my accident happened shortly after, when I brought the car to the local Lexus-certified collision center for an estimate.
From the outside, the damage appeared minimal — just some denting on the rear bumper. But taking the cover off, the appraiser found that the entire steel impact bar had pushed into the rear panel and broken both of the crumple zone clips. The car was no longer safe to drive, the protection gone if another accident occurred.
19-10-22-lexus-is-bumper-repair.jpg

This began an odyssey of...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

RAL

Reactions
Congratulations Kevin! I think you made a great choice ... because more than I ever thought I would ... I absolutely love my IS 300 AWD too! It is a perfect balance of luxury and sport. Even my friends who normally don't notice cars are "wowed" by it!

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
Congrats !
Any Lexus is in Atomic silver/black looks always good ! It's the 'house color'.
I wonder how you will experience this IS compared to the CT, I'll follow your blog :no_mouth:

Reactions
Nice car. But in the F-Sports defense, the IS f-sport is nothing like the CT f-sports slightly go-cartlike feel. It is definitely a lot more sophisticated in terms of the firmness of the ride IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Nice car. But in the F-Sports defense, the IS f-sport is nothing like the CT f-sports slightly go-cartlike feel. It is definitely a lot more sophisticated in terms of the firmness of the ride IMO.

Definitely agree that the IS F SPORT is miles ahead of the CT F SPORT in refinement, but I wanted as compliant a ride as possible.

The other thing I left out of my decision to get the standard IS -- I actually prefer the design over the F SPORT. :sweat:

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Congratulations. :) I concur wth the positive comments on the Atomic Silver.

Also agree with your comment on as compliant a ride as possible, by IS standards. Few things in the automotive world, IMO, are as annoying as getting pounded over bumps.....which is becoming chronic with today's obsession with big wheels and rubber-band tires.

CrisB

Fan
Reactions
Amazing!

I have the same, but IS300H MY2017 in Sonic Titanium (European name for Atomic Silver) with all package.
Before I had the both an IS250 and after the first series of IS300H

Just a question: how do you feel going back to petrol engine from an hybrid?

What’s your opinion about the worldwide movement towards electric, hybrids, and the idea of Lexus to move to all full electric and hybrids by the 2020/2025?

Ray99

Founding Member
Reactions
Congratulations Kevin. Atomic silver is the best color. It brings out line/angle design compare to other colors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions
I really love Lexus but I won't buy another one until they update the infotainment system... It's really inconvenient and more of a distraction than it's worth. I keep an Android tablet in my IS for that reason.