Issues with 2019 Lexus ES 350 Stock Audio System

Reactions

Anyone who has the sound system issue please go visiting your dealership. Lexus will start replacing the amp(confirmed) for all 19’ ES to correct the problem. And all 20’ ES will have the new amp from the factory.

Can I ask where you obtained this information from? I just got off the phone with the service manager at my local Lexus dealer here in NJ and he is not aware of this. He said he will contact Headquarters to look into it and will contact me if there is a fix.
I also contacted Lexus Headquarters and it's a NO from them too.

Reactions
I thi

Can I ask where you obtained this information from? I just got off the phone with the service manager at my local Lexus dealer here in NJ and he is not aware of this. He said he will contact Headquarters to look into it and will contact me if there is a fix.

I think this is bogus information. No one at Dallas has any knowledge of this new amp

Reactions

The information is given by two of my friends, one is a Lexus field technician and the other is working at the headquarter in Torrance.

Reactions
I just heard from my Service rep that "something" is coming but he doesn't have the info. Only that a fix is to be released. Do you know how to get this since Dallas' huge stores don't have this info? BTW I am in the car business and am shocked that the stores have only partial information.

Reactions
Your local Lexus dealerships should have already started getting customers info(name, VIN) for the replacement amps. Don't know why your service rep and technician are not aware of this. Please check with the service manager or shop foreman at your dealership again : )
Do you know any new info on this? I really want to get this update but still haven't heard anything.

Reactions
I’ve been driving my new 2019 ES 350 for a few weeks, and can’t figure out how to improve the audio, which seems only to come from the front of the cabin, above the dashboard. There doesn’t seem to be any rear speaker. The fader bar in the controls, if moved to the rear, almost completely mutes the audio.

I just turned in a 2016 ES 350 and it definitely had a better balanced audio performance.

Maybe there’s a wire not hooked up? Any other ideas?

Could this just be “the way it is”?
You asked: Could this just be “the way it is”?

Yes........and it will probably never get any better. I noticed this at the test drive and opted to go with the (unfortunately) more expensive option........but the quality is great.

Reactions
Do you know any new info on this? I really want to get this update but still haven't heard anything.
I was informed by Lexus headquarters that if and when there is a fix for this problem that we will all be notified by first class mail.
I'm not holding g my breath

Reactions
I was informed by Lexus headquarters that if and when there is a fix for this problem that we will all be notified by first class mail.
I'm not holding g my breath
They have the new amp with parts number available to the tech but just don’t have a ETA yet : ) Please be patience

Reactions
This is from the Club Lexus forum:

HVaughan;10639941 said:
I purchased a 2019 ES 350 in May, and like many here have had problems with my rear speakers. I have the standard sound system.
The rear speakers emitted little or no sound. The fader made little difference.
Recently, I took it in to the dealer for the 5,000 mile service. Based on the many complaints on this forum, I expected a pushback. Instead the dealer said they were "ordering a part"
The part came in, and it was installed in the car. The difference was stark. I am now getting sound from the rear speakers. Admittedly, the rear sound is not as loud as the front, but the fader is able to balance it out, with increased volume. I am very satisfied with the result, but I am not an audiofile.
The verbiage on the service order is: " Radio speakers are not working. SOP. Radio Ampilfier Malfunction. Replaced Radio Amplifier." The radio part number was 86280-06232, Amplifier Assy, $ ". Is the SOP a known problem and fix?
Hope this helps the controversy.

Reactions
Called my dealer in Sacramento today. They are aware of a “fix”. Service manager said he had talked to to Lexus engineer and tech. division. He said there is a fix coming but could take another 1 to 3 months before an official notice will come out for dealers to start notifying customers to make appointments to come in for repairs. Seems like it is an amplifier issue.
Put the pressure on these dealers!! They are hurting having this issue over their heads.
Hope this helps.

Reactions
Talked with Corporate yesterday. They are aware of the issue and are currently trying to figure out the best way to enhance the audio output from the rear speakers. The representative told me that senior level management, technicians, and Lexus engineers are working on something, and that they know customers are extremely dissatisfied. Yes the system may be "operating as designed", but this is not true surround sound and that's on nobody but Lexus. They should have marketed it as a "concert experience" from the beginning. That is the lingo they are going with now.
I was also told that they are aware of all of the complaints on this forum, but said more people need to call them directly to voice their concerns. Everyone Call!!!! With enough pressure the latency to fix the issue will decrease. A fix is in the works.

Reactions
I just talked to corporate and they told me that they are aware of the complaints. After putting me on hold for a few minutes she came back and said: "If/when there is ever a fix, Lexus will mail me the info. You might want to check with your dealership to see if they know anything."

What??? why would the dealership know more than corporate? I told her that doesn't make sense. She said that she is unaware of anything being done with it. Jeez. That was useless.

Reactions
I just talked to corporate and they told me that they are aware of the complaints. After putting me on hold for a few minutes she came back and said: "If/when there is ever a fix, Lexus will mail me the info. You might want to check with your dealership to see if they know anything."

What??? why would the dealership know more than corporate? I told her that doesn't make sense. She said that she is unaware of anything being done with it. Jeez. That was useless.

That's the same response I got about a month ago

Reactions
Our dealer told us they are aware of the issue and it is on certain 2019 models manufactured in 2018. We went into different ones on lot and some seemed to sound fine and others horrible. They switched out the old amp and installed the new updated amp. It does add some sound to the back but not as it should. Problem is from what sound expert told us it's only delivering 20% volume in the rear of car (that's with the new amp). Better but still unacceptable. However we love the car 2019 Lexus ES 350 very nice ride, yet would be so much more enjoyable to drive with better sound. Life is always better with music.🎶 The mission continues, hope we can all find a successful resolution.

Reactions
Can we confirm whether the problem is with those produced in 2018 only? I have a ES300h produced in 2019 and the rear speakers are definitely quite muted.

Reactions
Can we confirm whether the problem is with those produced in 2018 only? I have a ES300h produced in 2019 and the rear speakers are definitely quite muted.

That is a good question clqw. That's just what the dealer told us, yet if yours was produced in 2019 then it must be more widespread and not just on the 2019's manufactured in 2018.