sl0519

Admirer
Reactions
If the 2ur can meet emissions then scratch the v35. However i dont know if its possible.

They can for sure. The Germans are making their TTV8 with PHEV, so I don't see why they can't do the same on their 2UR with the latest hybrid tech. They are just getting way too caught up selling these boring SUVs and FWD cars. I'm not against the idea of making SUVs, but I do have a problem with them ONLY selling those vehicles.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Honestly I will like to see the ttV6 in the IS. Just for the simple reason of finally having it in a car that can show its full potential. And give us the opportunity to finally see how it compares with the B58.

Reactions
Honestly I will like to see the ttV6 in the IS. Just for the simple reason of finally having it in a car that can show its full potential. And give us the opportunity to finally see how it compares with the B58.

I can already tell you in good faith that other than it's extreme torque and power which makes it a commendable competitor, the B58 is probably better in every considerable metric.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Sorry to say it, but the V35A has absolutely nothing on the B58. Hopefully over time Lexus can tune a version of it to be more capable and performance-oriented.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Remember, in a rolling start (5-60mph no brake torque/launch control), the IS500 is as fast as the base M3.

2UR to V35 is absolutely a downgrade.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
I always thought a V35A-FTS couldn't fit in the IS engine bay... Also slapping a TNGA-era engine in an old platform like the IS is hilarious. Just redesign the dang car please.
22-10-02-lexus-is-600-1-scaled.jpg

Sir I exist.

sl0519

Admirer
Reactions
Sorry to say it, but the V35A has absolutely nothing on the B58. Hopefully over time Lexus can tune a version of it to be more capable and performance-oriented.

They showed no care developing new engines whatsoever maybe it's just us going greedy and set too high expectations for them.
Hate to say but they are looking more like an Acura / Infiniti competitor now.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The fact a “16 year old” car is still ok shows how bad other car makers are with so called up-to-date cars. They are not more reliable, more efficient, or have any valuable tech improvements. The car industry has not really progressed in more than a decade. It has completely plateaued, what car makers can do is add more and larger screens, that is all. I don’t car about screens.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
The fact a “16 year old” car is still ok shows how bad other car makers are with so called up-to-date cars. They are not more reliable, more efficient, or have any valuable tech improvements. The car industry has not really progressed in more than a decade. It has completely plateaued, what car makers can do is add more and larger screens, that is all. I don’t car about screens.
I have to somewhat agree; however on the flip side we dont know really know the internal metrics on car sales on any marque. Whats the average spread between sticker and sell price, how is the finance arm setting residuals and money factors, what kind of incentive package is driving sales, etc.

That being said the IS500 is a rare gem, as there exists nothing from bba that simply has a v8 and it deserves its accolades.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
This is my reason for wanting it in the IS. The LS is a Luxury sedan First. The IS is a sport sedan. So, I expect a different tune from Lexus to serve that purpose. Also having the engine in the IS will expose it more to the aftermarket tuner crowd and show us how far it can be pushed.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
The IS to get this new 2.0T + hybrid perhaps? That can see well over 300hp but that's only happening in a full redesign lmao

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I agree with you, that video felt very cryptic and artificial the way he was talking, especially the cliché "new car bad + sad music" ending. He says the M340 is fun, fast, exciting, feels good, but the IS is raw and next-level unique? IDK about this video chief. The only "raw" aspect is the NA V8, the rest of the car is quite filtered. Not that that's a bad thing but this video review definitely felt full of cliches.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
No bad choices between those two cars. I chose IS 500 because it was the last of a dying breed with the V8 and that's what mattered to me. I'd never fault someone for buying an M340i though... it's a fantastic car.

Drag racing an AWD car and RWD car in the rain is hardly a conclusive result 😉

I'm not personally a fan of that kid's review style or YouTube channel. Just a bit low energy and no-clear-value for me. Can't go wrong with those two cars based on their own merits though.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
What's important is you can't go wrong with either of these cars and you will be happy with your purchase. Drag race doesn't matter because nobody does torque braking standing starts in daily driving. In a rolling start the two are very similar.

The only thing that should affect your decision is whether you need AWD.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
What's important is you can't go wrong with either of these cars and you will be happy with your purchase. Drag race doesn't matter because nobody does torque braking standing starts in daily driving. In a rolling start the two are very similar.

The only thing that should affect your decision is whether you need AWD.
Interior and build flexibility would be also something to really consider on any vehicle.