krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2024_TX_350_Premium_004.png

After years of rumours, the Lexus TX three-row crossover has finally debuted as a 2024 model. Based on the Toyota Highlander, the TX also mirrors the RX powertrains and will be available as the TX 350, TX 500h, and TX 550h+ F SPORT.
The full press release and all available photos follow.

Spacious third-row legroom and generous cargo space of 20.1 cubic-feet behind the third row
Two electrified powertrain options: a Plug-in Hybrid combined with a powerful V6 engine, and a high-performance 2.4L turbocharged hybrid available exclusively as F SPORT Performance
Enhanced Lexus Driving Signature fundamentals provide a smooth and exhilarating drive
First Lexus vehicle to be assembled at Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Indiana
Lexus Safety System+ 3.0 and Lexus Interface Multimedia System with standard 14-inch touchscreen
New Lexus Unified Spindle design prioritizes aerodynamic handling and vehicle stability...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions
I cannot wrap my head around this. How are you going to spend so much time designing something as greats as the GX and then make this alongside it? Sorry, I am a diehard Lexus fan, and this is NOT it. That horrific grille. That Grand Highlander styling. That bland interior. This is embarrassing.

Reactions
Short cuts never ever get you anywhere in life. You had all this time to make a proper 3 row luxury SUV even have a concept design. And then you decide to take the grand highlander and give it a new face paint the c pillar in black and give it a new tail gate. What a disgrace and a sad day to be a Lexus fan. They never learn... rebadge Toyota products never ever cut it here. LM although it's another rebadge product it look and felt like a Lexus this doesn't. SMHHHHHHHHH I don't even think they changed the highlander interior apart from the dashboard. Every car in its class will demolished the TX. Look what happened when u put effort in designing the LX/GX people started buying them; that's why we finally have a redesign GX LX after 500 years . This TX is fah-king shame !! It made me ask myself if they don’t care why should I care about this car and the Lexus Brand.

The GX on the other hand is 100

Last edited:

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
I have been waiting for this for so long. Dude, this is awful. I'm talking about being built in a Toyota factory. I personally don't buy any Lexus that is not built in their Japan factories, and now they just step "above and beyond" and start building Lexus in Toyota factory. Is this a Toyota or Lexus? Comeo on.

arrow1982

Fan
Reactions
Hey guys, don`t bash it! It is based on the TNGA kit, and as there is already the grand highlander, what did you expect?

That this thing wasnt going to be the enthusiasts mega thing, but a family car that Toyota wants to cash in on was clear from the beginning.

Its got decent engines, lots of comfort stuff. Family ride thingie. No need to whoop it over just because it isnt a new V8 sports car. It will sell great and do what its supposed to do.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
It is the third most powerful Lexus and more powerful than any Toyota on sale.

Reactions
Hey guys, don`t bash it! It is based on the TNGA kit, and as there is already the grand highlander, what did you expect?

That this thing wasnt going to be the enthusiasts mega thing, but a family car that Toyota wants to cash in on was clear from the beginning.

Its got decent engines, lots of comfort stuff. Family ride thingie. No need to whoop it over just because it isnt a new V8 sports car. It will sell great and do what its supposed to do.
"V8 sports car" That's not why people are bashing it.

"there is already the grand highlander, what did you expect?" There is already a RAV4, yet the NX is strikingly different - same for the RX vs Highlander; same for the ES vs Avalon/Camry.

HOT TAKE: It's not about making every car an enthusiast's vehicles, agreed, but they're a LUXURY brand. Every model should have some sort of luxury look and feel whether an LC halo car or TX family-hauler. Hate to bring in the competition, but that's why people look at Mercedes as one of the kings of luxury: every model is a luxury vehicle with a beautiful design that unites the brand. Lexus was easily headed there until they decided "luxury" was only for a few models. Sitting inside a CLA vs an SClass is different, yes, but you get a sense of high-end luxury whether at the bottom of the chain or the top. Sitting inside a TX vs an LX is going to feel miles apart. That's why I am disappointed in this. It's not unified. It's like Lexus now has 6-7 teams designing cars. We need the LC team to design them all now.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Sitting inside a CLA vs an SClass is different, yes, but you get a sense of high-end luxury whether at the bottom of the chain or the top.
I had to double check and make sure we're talking about the same car. The CLA does not give any sense of high-end luxury. They used to sell those as "a Mercedes for the price of a Camry/Accord", but you can get a nicer interior (and more power) in the Camry/Accord. The S-Class is on another planet from that.

You might remember that M-B announced a plan a while back to have dealers build separate facilities so that S-Class customers would never have to see a CLA. That never was implemented as far as I know, but it's certainly an admission of how they think of their lineup.

Reactions
I had to double check and make sure we're talking about the same car. The CLA does not give any sense of high-end luxury. They used to sell those as "a Mercedes for the price of a Camry/Accord", but you can get a nicer interior (and more power) in the Camry/Accord. The S-Class is on another planet from that.

You might remember that M-B announced a plan a while back to have dealers build separate facilities so that S-Class customers would never have to see a CLA. That never was implemented as far as I know, but it's certainly an admission of how they think of their lineup.
Oh my goodness, y'all. You're. Not. Getting. My. Point. OBVIOUSLY the CLA is different from the SClass (I clearly said that. You quoted it too). I am saying the CLA is proof that you can go to the bottom of the chain and still feel like you're driving a Mercedes. I would never drive a TX and feel like I am driving a Lexus. I would feel like I am in a rebadged Grand Highlander - unlike being in the RX that is miles apart from a Highlander inside and out.
Look at this CLA:
1686681737775.png1686681778127.png
Notice how - even at the BOTTOM - it still retains the Mercedes image. It's still sleek and aggressive. Yes, the interior is not SClass-like, but does that not still look striking and stunning for a low-level Mercedes (I know I shared the AMG version, but the TX has an FSPORT Performance version which lacks any distinction from its base model)? Interior is far nicer than an Accord/Camry. Let's get real here.

That is what I am getting at. Lexus made little to no distinction between the TX and Grand Highlander making the TX basically a Toyota. Design-wise it's NOT Lexus-like.
Would I turn heads for the CLA? Maybe - especially the AMG. Would I turn heads for a TX or TX FSPORT Performance? Probably, but I'd turn the other way to look away from it.

I am a huge Lexus fan. I would NEVER own a Mercedes, but Mercedes is showcasing luxury is every aspect of design and performance for every model. Lexus is killing it in reliability and safety. If they knew how to better design luxury and up that performance, there'd be no stopping them, but for some reason, they refuse to step up their game. Playing it safe in today's auto industry will not cut it anymore.

Reactions
1686682567161.png1686682620299.png
What I am trying to say is that if you look at the TX and RX above, would you actually believe these came from the same brand? Look how bland that TX is and look how amazing the RX looks.