5th Generation Toyota Prius

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
How do Prius owners actually react to this?
I don't think you do something like this if existing Prius owners are who you care about attracting.
I wonder if they're trying to age down the average prius buyer.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Peak sales were over 500k globally in I think 2010. Last year was around 85k I believe. Also note how the Prius V and C are gone.

Tesla took the hip efficiency image from the Prius in a better looking package. I think this new one will really have some model 3 owners come back to Toyota. The Model 3 continues to climb and price and won’t have the benefits of Toyota ownership.

Comedian Lil Duval posted this..

Reactions
Peak sales were over 500k globally in I think 2010. Last year was around 85k I believe. Also note how the Prius V and C are gone.

Tesla took the hip efficiency image from the Prius in a better looking package. I think this new one will really have some model 3 owners come back to Toyota. The Model 3 continues to climb and price and won’t have the benefits of Toyota ownership.

Ain't no way. 🤣🤣

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
With the debut of this new Prius, I am waiting to see what Toyota will do for the next Camry.
Many questions about the top powertrain now that no V6, we either get T24A or a Prime, I'm thinking either what's in the Prius or a 2.5L but not with 300hp, somewhere in the 250hp range with awd. Ideally we get the Prius Prime powertrain in there and T24A.

Reactions

Sounds like an endorsement
giphy.gif

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I wasn't expecting much of the Impreza but.. I have to give Subaru props for somehow making it look better than the WRX lol.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Prius is a really nice design, inside and out by Toyota.
New powertrains are good, prime with 13.4kwh battery is good.

It will not be sold everywhere, I would guess it will become best seller in JDM for 2 years and it will sell well in USA.
In Europe, it will not be sold in UK and in continental EU it is sold just as Prime, which means really high retail price.

This is very exciting for next gen TNGA2 or E3, they say it is lighter and has redesigned suspension for better handling.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Prius is a really nice design, inside and out by Toyota.
New powertrains are good, prime with 13.4kwh battery is good.

It will not be sold everywhere, I would guess it will become best seller in JDM for 2 years and it will sell well in USA.
In Europe, it will not be sold in UK and in continental EU it is sold just as Prime, which means really high retail price.

This is very exciting for next gen TNGA2 or E3, they say it is lighter and has redesigned suspension for better handling.
I'm still skeptical about the viability of E3 as a HV/PHV/BEV platform.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I'm still skeptical about the viability of E3 as a HV/PHV/BEV platform.
Ground-up BEV platform did not prove significantly better BEV as expected. even those are not yet on parity with ICEVs and have not improved a lot in +10 years since the first Tesla S.