5th Generation Toyota Prius

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Looks like media drives are being held starting today, so we should expect to see reviews later this month or early next year!

Levi

Expert
Reactions
That the Toyota Prius 5 is a "better" car than a Lexus IS is a sad thing.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
That the Toyota Prius 5 is a "better" car than a Lexus IS is a sad thing.
Yea, makes me sad Lexus didn't do anything for the past couple years with it. IS500 is great, but the entire lineup is lacking. And I wonder what they'll do with it in the future. This prius prime is as fast as the base IS300 2.0T

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Levi

Expert
Reactions
This new Prius could change a lot of things for Toyota and even the car market.

It also better change things at Lexus in any case, when a Prius is an under 7 second car, a twice as expensive Lexus better be way less then a 5 second car.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
This new Prius could change a lot of things for Toyota and even the car market.

It also better change things at Lexus in any case, when a Prius is an under 7 second car, a twice as expensive Lexus better be way less then a 5 second car.
Of the 30 total models sold by Lexus in all markets today, 13 are faster than the Prius Prime, 15 are faster than the regular Prius. Of the 13 SUV models, 4 are faster than the Prius Prime (NX450h+, RX450h+, RX500h, LX600).

So for Lexus buyers, expect over 50% of the models to be slower than a Prius Prime. You have to pay over $60k to get any Lexus SUV that is faster than a Prius Prime.

Last edited:
Reactions
Of the 30 total models sold by Lexus in all markets today, 13 are faster than the Prius Prime, 15 are faster than the regular Prius. Of the 13 SUV models, 4 are faster than the Prius Prime (NX450h+, RX450h+, RX500h, LX600).

So for Lexus buyers, expect over 50% of the models to be slower than a Prius Prime. You have to pay over $60k to get any Lexus SUV that is faster than a Prius Prime.

yikes

meanwhile at BMW......

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I could launch you down a hill in a garbage can and you'd hit 60 quicker than most cars on the road for a fraction of the cost.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions

It also puzzles me why they don't have launch control on every of their car......(yeah only the track RC-F has it)

At least they have something for this market, where Lexus has nothing. LF-1…..still waiting….

True. Lexus' move toward reskinned Toyota SUV is a sign that they don't care high end market thus they are no longer considered top tier luxury brand going toe to toe against the Germans.

Last edited: