5th Generation RX Discussion: Official Thread (RX 500h, 450h+, 350h and More)

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
New hybrid Volvo XC90 T8 combined just upgraded from 390 to 455 Hp, 0-100 5,4 sec

Porsche Cayenne e-hybrid combined 460 Hp, 0-100 5 sec

New 2023 RX 500h 367 Hp

Sh-t, never thought I would think about a chinese car (Volvo) as an alternative to Lexus… a german e-hybrid or SE-hybrid, yes maybe…

The RX 450h+ plug-in hybrid, please!?

We are now at the point where we are comparing an RX to a Cayenne hybrid for acceleration to demonstrate it not being as quick as the competition.

It’s a testament to how far this model has come

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
WARNING: Very Low Quality Photoshop work

Made this quick and rushed edit of RX with upper section of grille filled, and the horrible hood shutline removed(would be at top of grille instead) immediately looks a lot better!

I wonder if Lexus will consider offering an optional black piece for the upper body colour grille.RXfixed.jpg

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Seeing them side by side getting past that nose it’s really not close. This RX looks far more upscale. The difference in build quality with regards to the interiors is also night and day to me.

Finally RX looks like it came from Germany design wise. Don't get me wrong it still looks very Japanese but there is so much sheet metal this time around to make it look big on the road to emphasize road presence. That has been German formula for decades now. They did a very good job and comparison with current RX shows it.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
RX 500h is the first Lexus hybrid to have HSD in combination with AUT instead of CVT. While I don't hate CVT, on the contrary I like it, the AUT in the RX may attract new buyers that were detered only by CVT.

New hybrid Volvo XC90 T8 combined just upgraded from 390 to 455 Hp, 0-100 5,4 sec

Porsche Cayenne e-hybrid combined 460 Hp, 0-100 5 sec

New 2023 RX 500h 367 Hp

Sh-t, never thought I would think about a chinese car (Volvo) as an alternative to Lexus… a german e-hybrid or SE-hybrid, yes maybe…

The RX 450h+ plug-in hybrid, please!?
I like what the Volvo's look like, but reliability they are terribly bad, at least from internet hearsay. And the Cayenne hybrid is joke, better off with a proper V8 turbo at this point or the coming electric Macan.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

Made this quick and rushed edit of RX with upper section of grille filled, and the horrible hood shutline removed(would be at top of grille instead) immediately looks a lot better!

I wonder if Lexus will consider offering an optional black piece for the upper body colour grille.View attachment 5946

This looks great - much better!

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions

I wonder if Lexus will consider offering an optional black piece for the upper body colour grille.View attachment 5946
Stop playing with my emotions!! 🥵

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I don't mind the nose, especially in darker colors. It reads as "partial electric", which is likely exactly what they were going for. Although technically the base ICE-only RX 350 should have a full grille then.

As usual this is Tesla's fault - they made their cars not have a grille even though they do have a radiator and coolant, and all of the other manufacturers latched onto it as the design signature for electrification.

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
You mention a black piece. In the videos I have seen the body painted upper portion of the grill seems to be an added piece. Just find the part number for it with a black paint code and buy it straight from Lexus.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
As usual this is Tesla's fault - they made their cars not have a grille even though they do have a radiator and coolant, and all of the other manufacturers latched onto it as the design signature for electrification.
I owned two Teslas and let me tell you the misinformation of the general public and even some Tesla owners is astounding.

Did you know Teslas have oil filters? It's true, in their drive units. And gear oil. And brake fluid. And a "water" pump. And brake pads, etc. I'm amazed at how some people think electric means it doesn't have a bunch of things and is zero maintenance.