5th Generation RX Discussion: Official Thread (RX 500h, 450h+, 350h and More)

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Definitely. But definitely looks evolutionary over the current RX rather than targeted towards Range Rover. BUT, I do think that's a good thing, the more upright grille and circular wheel arches, rather than angular, make it look way sportier IMO.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions

Potentially the next RX?
20211214_bev_03-2-jpg.5335
I dont see any difference between this and my RX F. :unsure:

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Cant tell if its an NX and RX. The rear end pays omage to the current RX, but its similar to the 2nd NX in style. Could be a image issue.

No one would be offended with this styling, and it probably sell just like the current RX.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Mag-X started talking about the 5RX with a render:

image.png

"Lexus RX500h of a one-motor HEV that can change the drive force distribution closer to the rear wheels"

It goes in line with what we've been talking, this 500h getting a P2 hybrid system!

Source: https://www.mag-x.com/shop/products/detail.php?product_id=284

And they also talk about a 7-seat TX!

That Mag-X render must have come from the BEV press release official render lol

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
It will be a little disappointing if the next gen RX looked almost same as the current gen.
Nevertheless Im going with 450h+ or 500 to replace my current 2018 RX.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
It seems all of their latest models will be evolutionary. That's a good, safe method of keeping customers. It will also be nice for the current model style, which will age gracefully, rather then in previous MYs where new models meant a new design direction (regardless of the same platform underneath).

Last edited:

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I really wish they would ditch the blacked out/floating D pillar. I never liked it on the current RX and it's starting to look like a dated design cue across the board.
I like the D pillar design, just wish they gave it a bigger window for greater visibility. Probably rear structure related, which I assume TGNA-K can improve on.

Reactions
I really wish they would ditch the blacked out/floating D pillar. I never liked it on the current RX and it's starting to look like a dated design cue across the board.
I’m gonna have to agree with you. It’s odd that they decided to implement it in the RZ450e’s design as I believe it ages it back to 2015, especially when their latest releases (2022 NX and LX) don’t have it.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
just to confirm are the tms for the RX, 250 (where the rx200 currently sells) 350 350h 450h?

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
just to confirm are the tms for the RX, 250 (where the rx200 currently sells) 350 350h 450h?

RX500h trademarked a while ago so I believe top of the line there should still be a 500h. I'm guessing it is using the new 2.4 TT from the NX with electric motors, though I really want to see TTV6 hybrid to happen in an RX but knowing it is TMC and the market they are going after, performance is never a priority.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
RX500h trademarked a while ago so I believe top of the line there should still be a 500h. I'm guessing it is using the new 2.4 TT from the NX with electric motors, though I really want to see TTV6 hybrid to happen in an RX but knowing it is TMC and the market they are going after, performance is never a priority.
TGNA-K with the v6 TT would be bonkers.