4th Generation Toyota Century Thread [Officially Revealed]

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
They say world premiere.

Have they referred to any prior century announcements as "world"?

Just wishful thinking of the SUV going beyond Japan...

Levi

Expert
Reactions
They say world premiere.

Have they referred to any prior century announcements as "world"?

Just wishful thinking of the SUV going beyond Japan...
If you look at the teaser, the chauffeur is about to open the back left door, which indicates RHD, so Japan. But who knows….

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
If it's build on GA-K, which I assume it will be, I'm very interested to see how they've been able to elevate the components and experience of that platform to "Century" levels.

Thinking that everything from the RAV4 to Century are on the same platform is 🤯 to me.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
At this point it's almost pointless to say this, but I really wished the GA-L platform wasn't such a flop, and now they've made a Century crossover that's built on a platform that can trace its roots back to a $26k FWD car. Meanwhile, little ol' Mazda is pumping out RWD-based crossovers as we speak.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
What is interesting, is that my mother (not a car person) showed me a photo of a “beautiful big luxury car” she took on here trip to Japan. It à the Century V8 hybrid. I was really surprised she paid attention to this car. It must have some presence in real life.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
What is interesting, is that my mother (not a car person) showed me a photo of a “beautiful big luxury car” she took on here trip to Japan. It à the Century V8 hybrid. I was really surprised she paid attention to this car. It must have some presence in real life.
It does not look as big as the Rolls-Royce it is often compared with but definitely more presence than the LS. I saw one in Japan during the debut of the supra

Last edited:

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
At this point it's almost pointless to say this, but I really wished the GA-L platform wasn't such a flop, and now they've made a Century crossover that's built on a platform that can trace its roots back to a $26k FWD car. Meanwhile, little ol' Mazda is pumping out RWD-based crossovers as we speak.
If it is executed properly the platform won't matter IMO. look at the Lexus LM I don't think any one has condemned it for the platform it uses.

Reactions
DEAR GOD this car is stunning.
1693975409747.png

EDIT: They even made TWO KINDS of rear doors. A conventional door and a door that swings out like a sliding door. Toyota went all out with this car.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
And you can also get a convertible.

IMO the interior still feels inferior to the LM. With much lower production volume the build quality must be better, but the overall design doesn't feel as luxurious.