Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
lots of chassis upgrades
tundra cluster
gx esque massage seats
overtrail edition with front locker
hybrid
and finally e shift...i thought the presentation and emphasis on that was strange, since even basement econo cars have this feature as standard.

I assume the intro of the pano skyhook roof will be reserved for the mid model refresh.

also is this a 5 seater only? The press release pic and videos seem to only display the front and 3/4. Not a single insight to the cargo area, which may or may not mean that this shares the weird cargo problem TNGA-F hybrids all have.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
A boring upgrade. Doing the bare minimum to keep the product relevant I guess.

I originally expected the torque figure to rise to 820N.m because of the extra torque curve overlap on the premium petrol tune. But it's unchanged from Tundra/Sequoia so 790N.m is possibly the torque limit of the 10AT.

Also the weight difference between the hybrid and non-hybrid is 210kg (2570 vs 2780), higher than the weight difference on Tundra (145-175kg). This is probably because of the extra reinforcement required to raise the GVM, while the Tundra platform is already rated at higher GVM. My guess is the GVM is raised from 3280kg to 3480kg (same as Sequoia) to keep payload the same.

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
More minimal than I was expecting, but I guess this is only the third model year of the 4LX and we know Lexus likes to run them for 10+ years 😬. They've gotta keep stuff in the bag for 2028 and 2031 lol.

Still not a fan of the dual screen center console and I was expecting them to have updated that to something more like the Sequoia's 14" screen. The changes to the shifter and the larger digital speedo are nice, but minimal. Glad to see them add some necessary features like massaging seats since even the GX and Sequoia have them.

Overtrail grade is awesome, especially with triple lockers.

I do not understand why Lexus is now using the number 7 when we are barely even cracking 450 horsepower. It seems like overkill and a stupid marketing move. To me, LX 600 should be "LX 500," and this should be LX 550h. I digress...

Personally I couldn't spend the money on an LX over a Sequoia 1794. I also think the new QX80 has a much nicer interior than this LX, so I hope to see more refreshes and updates in the years to come.

2025_Toyota_Sequoia_1794_006-1500x1000.jpg

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Surprised to see front locking diff offering. When was the last time we had a triple locked Toyota SUV? 80 series? Heck, I don't think the 200 series even had a rear locker in the US.

Kelvin2020

Admirer
Reactions
More minimal than I was expecting, but I guess this is only the third model year of the 4LX and we know Lexus likes to run them for 10+ years 😬. They've gotta keep stuff in the bag for 2028 and 2031 lol.

Still not a fan of the dual screen center console and I was expecting them to have updated that to something more like the Sequoia's 14" screen. The changes to the shifter and the larger digital speedo are nice, but minimal. Glad to see them add some necessary features like massaging seats since even the GX and Sequoia have them.

Overtrail grade is awesome, especially with triple lockers.

I do not understand why Lexus is now using the number 7 when we are barely even cracking 450 horsepower. It seems like overkill and a stupid marketing move. To me, LX 600 should be "LX 500," and this should be LX 550h. I digress...

Personally I couldn't spend the money on an LX over a Sequoia 1794. I also think the new QX80 has a much nicer interior than this LX, so I hope to see more refreshes and updates in the years to come.

View attachment 9584
Ya the number nameplate is confusing 🫤 When you see 700 you expect more power, I was hoping for 500 at least

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
The 700h is definitely underwhelming. I believe the 10AT prevents the tq from going any higher. Even those TRD performance boosts from Toyota only increase HP because the base engines are already at the limit with the torque it can have with that trans.

I'd be mildly interested if the 600 was available in Overtrail guise. It does have the better interior(brown seats) vs the GX Overtrail, full 409 HP tune, better MPG, and triple locked. But at probably ...30k premium.

Kelvin2020

Admirer
Reactions

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I'd be mildly interested if the 600 was available in Overtrail guise. It does have the better interior(brown seats) vs the GX Overtrail, full 409 HP tune, better MPG, and triple locked. But at probably ...30k premium.

I agree - LX 600 Overtrail would be the most interesting to me, with less weight and complexity. Too bad it doesn’t exist.

Reactions
Well...

I have some thoughts but whatever... it just seems like Lexus is dying. They're not pushing the limits like they used to and are not focused on proper engineering anymore. They've been plagued by management and accountants.

If they brought the LC300 GR Sport with the diesel (or heck, the regular gas engine) I would be much happier.

Kelvin2020

Admirer
Reactions
Well...

I have some thoughts but whatever... it just seems like Lexus is dying. They're not pushing the limits like they used to and are not focused on proper engineering anymore. They've been plagued by management and accountants.

If they brought the LC300 GR Sport with the diesel (or heck, the regular gas engine) I would be much happier.
They could have done more, and this is how it should have been released back in 2021. Now I put all my hopes on the LFR, hoping it won’t disappoint us😶