Reactions
Did they spec it with the 18 inch poverty spec LC wheels?

View attachment 8359
Speaking of which, I was perusing the toy aisle at Target and saw this...of course, I had to get one!
I've been on the lookout for more of the white LXs at Target but haven't seen any again; however I spotted this one though it cost more...not quite Nori Green but I'll take it! a.jpeg

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
I've been on the lookout for more of the white LXs at Target but haven't seen any again; however I spotted this one though it cost more...not quite Nori Green but I'll take it! View attachment 8537

220911-054.webp

Kyosho is the best lx600 diecast model I can find maybe try to look for one on ebay.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
These titles always amaze me. Never do they mention honda or vw or anyone with the related higher end product. But omg a Lexus, let me bring up Toyota cause I can’t help myself lol

Back in the day that was a diss and they were taking shots at L to make it seem like its not part of tier 1. Today, I think people do it because they give props to Toyota for making great cars so in this case I think this guy is just telling us this even better Land Cruiser than the already great Land Cruiser. If that makes any sense.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Back in the day that was a diss and they were taking shots at L to make it seem like its not part of tier 1. Today, I think people do it because they give props to Toyota for making great cars so in this case I think this guy is just telling us this even better Land Cruiser than the already great Land Cruiser. If that makes any sense.

I get that but they don’t even sell the LC here anymore. And earlier versions were not nearly as separated as today.

Like it’s cool to mention it but OMG let me put it in the title lol.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Lexus LX500d and LX600 vehicles produced between 10th December 2021 - 10thJanuary 2024, inclusive. There are approximately 1,350 vehicles involved in the Australian market.

For involved vehicles, due to an issue in the design of a certain brake clutch disc inside the 10-speed transmission on those vehicles, the brake clutch disc may not immediately disengage when the vehicle is shifted to the neutral position. If this condition occurs when the vehicle is on a flat surface, and if the driver does not apply the brake pedal or the parking brake, it could allow a vehicle to inadvertently creep forward at a low speed (up to approximately 6 km/h), which could increase the risk of a crash.

For all involved vehicles, Lexus dealers will reprogram the transmission ECU software free of charge to vehicle owners.

Reactions
US too, affecting Tundras and Sequoias

Falcon

Fan
Reactions
That i-FORCE MAX powertrain is something else. Very good showing for the 10AT vs that ZF8.

I hear the 700h will arrive alongside the LX refresh later this year as a 2025MY. The hybrid setup will be a bit different from the Tundra/Sequoia's. Perhaps a different battery or more powerful electric motors?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Given Toyota's recent track record of previewing ICEV/HEVs as "BEV concepts". I wonder if this Land Cruiser Se concept will actually become a GA-L based unibody 3-row Land Cruiser to properly compete with the Range Rover. The proportions of this concept definitely doesn't resemble a BEV.

I think there is space in the Lexus flagship segment for another full-size SUV. This could replace the F-Sport and VIP trims of the LX. And the LX can become an offroad-focused model. The dimensions of this model is 5150mm x 1990mm x 1705mm x 3050mm or almost the same as the Range Rover and GLS. This product would actually make more sense than the cancelled LF-1. 2-row full-size SUV coupe seems to be a really niche segment with only Audi Q8 and Porsche Cayenne Coupe while their 3-row SUV counterparts see much more sales.
20231021_01_39_s.png

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The relationship between TX, GX and LX is strange and leaves a lot to be desired with all three products.

TX almost seems over-spec'ed and under-spec'ed at the same time. Base 350 is fine, but the 500h is only available as F SPORT and the 550h+ is too expensive, lacks expected features like a sunroof, and has a very basic interior that works for the $55-65k TX 350, but isn't appropriate or luxurious enough above that price point. Lexus seems to refer to TX 550h+ as a CUV flagship but not even a wood/leather steering wheel on the Luxury models, or a little extra trim on the doors and dash...? TX 500h Luxury with a wood/leather steering wheel and some extra trim on the doors and dash would be a great core model in the lineup.

GX has a bunch of features the LX doesn't, like massaging front seats, 14" screen and a panoramic roof, and is the exact same size. Exterior design is incredible, interior seems stripped down to put some space between it and the LX. Once again, just a little more effort from Lexus like a wood/leather steering wheel on the Luxury model and a strip of trim on each door would have gone a long way.

LX hybrid seems to be taking too long, and even the standard model is in no-mans-land in the segment for power. As others have said, I think progress can be made on the interior but I'm not sure how much unless they're willing to wholly redesign the dashboard. Also, Lexus needs to kill the shiny black plastic around the window switches and do something nicer like wood or real metal. Pano roof, massaging seats, pleated leather door panels, soft close doors, 14" screen, etc. are must-haves.

Strange to have so many new products when all of them seem to miss the mark in important ways. Of the three, GX seems most successful and well executed to me.

Falcon

Fan
Reactions
GA-L based unibody 3-row Land Cruiser
The concept entered a serious development phase about a year ago with GA-L being the main candidate as the platform. An HEV/FCEV variant is very possible.
and is the exact same size
The LX is slightly longer (~4in) and ever so slightly wider, but otherwise very close in size.
soft close doors
That's already available.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
The relationship between TX, GX and LX is strange and leaves a lot to be desired with all three products.

TX almost seems over-spec'ed and under-spec'ed at the same time. Base 350 is fine, but the 500h is only available as F SPORT and the 550h+ is too expensive, lacks expected features like a sunroof, and has a very basic interior that works for the $55-65k TX 350, but isn't appropriate or luxurious enough above that price point. Lexus seems to refer to TX 550h+ as a CUV flagship but not even a wood/leather steering wheel on the Luxury models, or a little extra trim on the doors and dash...? TX 500h Luxury with a wood/leather steering wheel and some extra trim on the doors and dash would be a great core model in the lineup.

GX has a bunch of features the LX doesn't, like massaging front seats, 14" screen and a panoramic roof, and is the exact same size. Exterior design is incredible, interior seems stripped down to put some space between it and the LX. Once again, just a little more effort from Lexus like a wood/leather steering wheel on the Luxury model and a strip of trim on each door would have gone a long way.

LX hybrid seems to be taking too long, and even the standard model is in no-mans-land in the segment for power. As others have said, I think progress can be made on the interior but I'm not sure how much unless they're willing to wholly redesign the dashboard. Also, Lexus needs to kill the shiny black plastic around the window switches and do something nicer like wood or real metal. Pano roof, massaging seats, pleated leather door panels, soft close doors, 14" screen, etc. are must-haves.

Strange to have so many new products when all of them seem to miss the mark in important ways. Of the three, GX seems most successful and well executed to me.
Emergency redesign for the interiors are not out the question.

4.5RX
22+GX
basically every current infotainment on LNGA

Kennyth

Fan
Reactions

The LX seems like it was suppose to be release back in 2019-2020 but delayed because of Covid, only thing that’s updated with current models is Lexus interface and Lexus spelled out. Startup chime is still old. Hoping the refresh will gain 12 in MID and 14 in screen.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I view the GX as the premium offroad vehicle in Lexus’s lineup, and having the LX as an Offroad option is a bit redundant. I think there’s room for two Lexus SUVs above the GX, and the LX could either move to a TNGA-L, or to the larger Sequoia chassis.

The Sequoia wheelbase is nearly 10” longer than LX. Lexus could offer an SUV on the Sequoia chassis, with a TNGA-L based unibody SUV slotted in above the GX.

Toyota could then offer a long wheelbase Sequoia and Lexus as proper competition to the Expedition Max and Lincoln Navigator L. They could add IRS and proper third row while they’re at it.

Reactions
I like what everyone is saying here and I do hope the SUVs get revised and we get (perhaps two?) new ones to cover different segments, but let's just stop for a few seconds and realize that Lexus has basically become a SUV company at this point.

Where this effort for the IS? ES? LS? RC? LC? GS? Not to mention, not a single wagon either. A Lexus wagon either at the entry level or mid-level would do well.