4th Generation 2024 Toyota Tacoma Thread

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Taco and Hilux albeit destined for different markets and price points have to deal with similar competition.
Toyota isnt flying with blinders on with this product...as its their F150.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
This is incredibly nice, and once again, GM has figured out how to do nice interiors, which is pretty shocking.

I am eager to see the next gen Tacoma because the new Colorado and Canyon are very impressive. The new Ranger looks very nice as well. Toyota has a history of taking things for granted and not being too worried about the competition until they can't ignore it anymore, and the midsize truck market has changed a LOT since the last time we had an all-new Tacoma.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
95% it will be this white mid pickup from the EV day

Attachments

• toyota-pickup-ev-concept-tacoma-2-1.jpg
    toyota-pickup-ev-concept-tacoma-2-1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 7
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    7.1 KB · Views: 7

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
I think Toyota recognizes the competition is heating up and will be taking that into account for this new model.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I think Toyota recognizes the competition is heating up and will be taking that into account for this new model.
Honestly my friend, from nearly 32 TMC enthusiast, Toyota is the most illusion and dream living car maker, don't make yourself depend on any logic to believe that they will do any logic thinking, Toyota always have it's own thinking

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Honestly I never thought that the Mexican version that stripped out because in Russia, Ukraine and UK where I always live I found it more into luxury than the Tacoma

Which maybe it's stripped out because the Mexican market have both Hilux and Tacoma for differentiation between both of them

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
I’m cautiously optimistic for the new Tacoma. There’s lots of chat over in the 4Runner page about powertrains. Personally it doesn’t bother me if there’s no V6 as long as the power is there and some improved efficiency. In a recent article Mike Sweers mentions remaining true to form on the Tacoma. A different approach from the Tundra. Just don’t screw up the design and please avoid the tablet on the top of the dash and I’m probably going to be interested. I’m impatient but hopefully we see it by February.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I’m cautiously optimistic for the new Tacoma. There’s lots of chat over in the 4Runner page about powertrains. Personally it doesn’t bother me if there’s no V6 as long as the power is there and some improved efficiency. In a recent article Mike Sweers mentions remaining true to form on the Tacoma. A different approach from the Tundra. Just don’t screw up the design and please avoid the tablet on the top of the dash and I’m probably going to be interested. I’m impatient but hopefully we see it by February.
The Ranger+Colorado+Any international competitors are on the offense, while the Taco+hilux are on the defense. "true to form" is going to be an interesting play.

Plus showcasing the EV taco, was really a strong message.

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
So I don’t want to beat a dead horse but does anyone have any new info or insider info on this new Tacoma? I thought maybe SEMA would bring us a little crumble to keep hyping up the next gen 4Runner and Tacoma but we haven’t heard anything for months, and no spy shots either. I’m slightly perplexed, but it is also my impatience not helping. Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
No, the last news we've seen is just tacoma mules over the summer. It's expected to debut late this year but it's already November or sometime spring or summer next year.
4R/Taco powertrains
2.4LT: ~260hp, 330lb-ft
2.4LT hybrid: ~300hp, 425lb-ft
3.5TT V6 (TRD PRO): 348hp, 405lb-ft
The tacoma will either get a detuned 2.4LT or 2.5L hybrid for the base SR grade work truck. We may get the TTV6 in TRD PRO only. Pretty excited for these 2 trucks.

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
Please elaborate. I know you previously mentioned no 6 cylinder which I could be ok with. However limiting the hybrid to two trims I’m not ok with. Make it like Rav4 or highlander. Why couldn’t we get a hybrid on almost every trim?

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I believe the Taco/4R will get a new grade, Platinum. Hybrid should be optional on Limited and Platinum and standard on TRD PRO (that's if the TRD PRO doesn't get the V6)

Last edited:

Will1991

Reactions
Toyota Tacoma is now driving with a Spindle grill inspired cover:

ToyotaTacoma.prod01.KGP-copy.jpg

Reactions
This morning I was curious whether there were new updates about the Tacoma and I found this posted today.

Also posted today was this second link describing of another sighting. This was sourced from a Reddit post of a user spotting the Tacoma prototype with two Jeep Wagoneers (likely to be Toyota decoys) in Flagstaff, Arizona.

This is the production body, with the test mules not being utilized anymore. Now that we have these prototypes rolling, I fully expect the Tacoma to be revealed on its suspected/rumored/leaked release date of late 2023/early 2024.

Looking under the camouflage, the Tacoma looks to be a much more conventionally styled relative to the Tundra.

Last edited: