3rd Generation Toyota Tundra (2022+) Master Thread

Reactions
Thanks for the feedback on cabin noise. @Gecko @NXracer

I did my first test drive of a 2017 GX460 on the weekend. I really liked the suspension feel but there was a bit of an engine roar when getting up to speed.
I'm coming from a 2016 Range Rover sport turbo diesel which has a really quiet cabin. I will have to test drive the Tundra when it comes out and start comparing the models.
On another note I think i've got addicted to turbo torque. I like the GX V8 at cruising speed but I'm used to the surge of torque from my turbo diesel. Maybe the turbo Tundra will be perfect for me, can't wait to try it.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I have a GX luxury (19” wheels on Dunlop grand treks) and it is really incredibly quiet. I had a GX premium for a week while my car was at the dealer and the luxury is slightly quieter and smoother IMO.

With that said, I’d expect the new Tundra to be a better starting point based on manufacturing and construction advancements made over 20 years, though I doubt the material quality and sound deadening are as solid on what is still a mainstream work truck vs luxury product.

I bet they are quite even at the end of the day. It’s hard for me to imagine much quieter than a GX.
FWIW I dont know if the Alex on Autos test loop is the same as it was in prior years, but a couple years of ago he tested a MY16 Premium with I assume either a Bridgestone or Michelin (OE wheel tires prior to MY20) and at the same speed he was getting a class beating 67 decibels.

Reactions
Is it a really quiet cabin because the car rarely starts?
haha, fair play.

In my experience the issue has been maintenance costs. Yearly services are pricey and oil change intervals are too frequent.
I've never actually jumped in and it won't start or been stranded anywhere. I guess if you have don't mind the costs and you have Jeeves take it to the shop for you its no problem but I'm getting a bit tired of it.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Pricing (MSRP) starting at $35,950. The current Tundra’s starting price is $34,025.

Reactions
If you want one, it seems that you'll have to wait depending on what model you want

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
No problem, that 1.5 yr will give folks who have been crying over the loss of the V8 to come around or find how to spell Hemi.

Will1991

Reactions
There’re so many production problems right now… I work for a brand in the heavy haulage segment, it’s so hard right now… Knowing with an high degree of certainty when it’s going to be technically possible to build it is almost impossible…

Last edited:

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions

The Tundra configurator is up.
I've built a handful of different configurations already. I am really leaning towards a Crewmax, Long bed Limited w/ TRD OR package. Silver, or Blueprint are my colors. Silver is somewhat boring but it hides the dirt and dust where as the blueprint is GORGEOUS. I wash my vehicles at least weekly but a day after the wash seeing dust is somewhat aggravating. Think I might wait for the iForce MAX too.