3rd Generation Toyota Tundra (2022+) Master Thread

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Delayed from 2020 to 2021 (2022 MY).
I'm surprised at TFL, as this was mentioned quite a while ago.

They have a lot of resources at their hand, but misuse it like buffoons.

I recall that they were the first to confirm that RAV4 mules were the NX 7 years ago, helping aid my claims of that.

First to record the XF50 LS V35A-FTS test mule exhaust note in 2016.

I told them about the new Bronco being tested right under their noses, they laughed and said they didn't care to be first, as they're being paid off not to report on the real deal.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Delayed from 2020 to 2021 (2022 MY).
BTW, production (SOP) of the 2021 Tundra begins in July 2020. I don't have EOP yet in 2021. EOP is important to signal when 2022 models finally go into production.

Tacoma EOP was once June 30, 2022. I haven't seen any info concrete enough again that signals when it goes to TNGA-F.

Is October 2021 Job 1?

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
BTW, production (SOP) of the 2021 Tundra begins in July 2020. I don't have EOP yet in 2021. EOP is important to signal when 2022 models finally go into production.

Tacoma EOP was once June 30, 2022. I haven't seen any info concrete enough again that signals when it goes to TNGA-F.

Is October 2021 Job 1?
Your most recent prediction was August 2021 start of production for TNGA-F Tundra and October 2021 (2022 model year) on-sale date. Now, you mention a month-earlier (July 2021) SOP as a possibility, while TFLTrucks' video ends with a suggested December 2021 on-sale date.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Your most recent prediction was August 2021 start of production for TNGA-F Tundra and October 2021 (2022 model year) on-sale date. Now, you mention a month-earlier (July 2021) SOP as a possibility, while TFLTrucks' video ends with a suggested December 2021 on-sale date.

That's not what I said. I know I frequently fail with typos (sorry) and stuff gets lost in translation as a result, but I stated in that production thread nothing referred to MY 2022. Only MY 2021 production dates, not even sales launch or customer delivery dates.

It is too soon to have anything clear cut for MY 2022 as that is 23 months away for the Tundra.

TFL got necessary confirmation for themselves, despite this change in launch being noted months ago, even on here and in some circles.

The old August 3, 2020 date was once true, just like some other Toyotas for MY 2019-21 that went as planned , but it fell behind indeed.

August 2021 was based on Q4 2021 estimate given to me, which meant sales start in October 2021. There's generally a 2 month lead time between start of production and first sold units at dealership.

October 2021 is the actual date it seems, which lines up with December 2021. It could change unfortunately, but hopefully not by much.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
That's not what I said. I know I frequently fail with typos (sorry) and stuff gets lost in translation as a result, but I stated in that production thread nothing referred to MY 2022. Only MY 2021 production dates, not even sales launch or customer delivery dates.

It is too soon to have anything clear cut for MY 2022 as that is 23 months away for the Tundra.

TFL got necessary confirmation for themselves, despite this change in launch being noted months ago, even on here and in some circles.

The old August 3, 2020 date was once true, just like some other Toyotas for MY 2019-21 that went as planned , but it fell behind indeed.

August 2021 was based on Q4 2021 estimate given to me, which meant sales start in October 2021. There's generally a 2 month lead time between start of production and first sold units at dealership.

October 2021 is the actual date it seems, which lines up with December 2021. It could change unfortunately, but hopefully not by much.
Thanks for the clarifications.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
It's good that someone finally took a stab at it because no one bothers to render any future Toyota vehicles outside of JDM, because they are always in the dark.

Even if I am extremely critical of Motor1.

That being said, TNGA-F just might be debuting with the next Land Cruiser, allegedly being targeted for August 2020 launch as @Gecko stated. The Job 1 date I posted shows 2021 Land Cruiser for August prod.

I only can hope it is a GA-F vehicle and not a redo of the same 200 series. Just wouldn't make any sense.

I can have all the charts and database info, but I have learned it doesn't mean anything unless it's directly from Toyota paperwork.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
The Job 1 date for MY 2021 is correct, but that does not refer to NEW or FMC Land Cruiser. That is still on deck for MY 2022.

Looks like both Gecko, followed by my statement are correct in regards to Sequoia being MY 2023. It will become TMMTX produced, which should have always been the case.

They should have moved the Sequoia to Texas a long time ago. Sad we will lose Tacoma production to Mexico, which I hope will still mirror TMMTX and NUMMI in configurations and avoid the weird situation TMMBC had.

Praying this doesn't rub too many Tacoma owners the wrong way (a few can be knuckle draggers).

For some weird reason, the Tijuana plant built a limited set Tacoma configurations, in double cab, automatic only form.

Not as diversified as the other Tacoma plants.

Fremont and San Antonio, built multiple types. TMMGT will clearly takeover as the Tacoma flagship plant.

Therefore, I am hoping the Guanajuato plant doesn't start the process of limiting of choices, like Tijuana (TMMBC) allegedly did and simply uses the opportunity to take advantage of the benefits of TNGA-F.

That aside someone mentioned something about the 4Runner bringing production to North America. Mexico came up. I'm not sure what that means but I'm trying to retrace where I heard that.

Last edited:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
@Carmaker1 Toyota freed up >100k in production in Texas and expanded Princeton a lot more. While Tundra and Sequoia might be expected to take over 210k units that Texas can produce, what the heck will be produced in Princeton that now has 420k/yr capacity? Another SUV on TNGA-K?

So 100k Tacomas are moved to Mexico, and that is exactly extra capacity that TMMGT (Guanajuato) has. Unless they announce some expansion, they dont have extra capacity there. And as you know expansions are usually announced 2-3 years ahead.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
@Carmaker1 Toyota freed up >100k in production in Texas and expanded Princeton a lot more. While Tundra and Sequoia might be expected to take over 210k units that Texas can produce, what the heck will be produced in Princeton that now has 420k/yr capacity? Another SUV on TNGA-K?

So 100k Tacomas are moved to Mexico, and that is exactly extra capacity that TMMGT (Guanajuato) has. Unless they announce some expansion, they dont have extra capacity there. And as you know expansions are usually announced 2-3 years ahead.
Yeah they're only going to be dealing with TNGA-K I guess, in Princeton. That's probably for the Venza I imagine?

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
I just wanted to share some of my thoughts on the next gen Tundra as of late. First being, I think the shift in plants and manufacturing will work fine. The Sequoia and Tundra in the same plant makes a lot of sense, especially with the TNGA shared platforms. Also, the Tacoma in Mexico doesn't bother me because it still needs to match Toyota specifications. My 17 Tacoma double cab was built in Mexico and I have no issues. Secondly, it is incredibly frustrating that the Tundra has been delayed because the competition is heating up. Just today GM announced it will have an electric truck on the road (for sale to market) by the end of 2021, Ford has said the same with video of their electric F-150. I think the next Tundra will be fantastic, plenty of things customers want, including hybrid and still holding on to the QDR that other manufacturers cant match, but it sure is taking awhile. Toyota might be building a great truck but it almost seems like they're behind the eight ball before its even for sale. Time will tell but still frustrating being a fan of Toyota and their trucks.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Just a note, Toyota registered "I-Force MAX", signaling a power bump from current 5.7L V8 "I-Force" or a engine capable of running Otto or Atkinson cycles pending driving requirements.

Veeeeery interesting. Thanks for sharing!