Reactions
hmmm
is that a hybrid in disguise? Notice the MAX gauge on the dash?
or a mixup with the pre production parts bin?

check 3:35.
View attachment 8201

We know a hybrid GX is coming based on the global information from the debut but could we also expect a detuned v6 hybrid at some point for the GX?
View attachment 8202
Great detective work. There had been so little news on the hybrid. Maybe we'll learn more during the upcoming Japan Mobility Show this month ...

Reactions
Great detective work. There had been so little news on the hybrid. Maybe we'll learn more during the upcoming Japan Mobility Show this month ...
There is another Toyota Jeff video where I believe he's showcasing the same GX. While showing off the new dash, he migrates the camera away from the right-side of the dash and remarks, "They're not going to want you to see ..." without completing his remark. So, I think you may be on to something, here.
There is also an odd divider placed just inside the lift gate; query whether that was placed in an attempt to obscure the raised level of the boot (like we see when viewing the new Land Cruiser 250).

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Good catch. The left side of the dash also has the “power on” indicator. Do vehicles with start/stop also have this, or would this be indicative of a hybrid as well?

I was under the impression that the hybrid 250 series LC and GX could not have three rows due to the battery placement. This is why the US spec 250 series with the 2.4 hybrid is two row and overseas spec models with the non-hybrid 2.8 diesel are three row. That screenshot also shows rear seatbelt indicators for a seven passenger vehicle. The overhead image of the vehicle definitely isn’t a GX either, and looks more like a NX. So either hybrid GXs do have three rows, or the gauge cluster is showing wrong info.

The Tundra and Sequoia show boost and battery assist on the gauge cluster, but this doesn’t appear to show boost. Just the battery gauge.

There seems to be some oddities going on there, and it’ll be interesting to see what the hybrid offers.

As a side note, the 5500 redline doesn’t seem that great. Tundra redline is a little more, and the TX seems to be around 6200.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
Weird thing is, TX was reveled later than GX but is already available. Any prediction when will GX will hit the dealers?

jphcbpa

Fan
Reactions
Weird thing is, TX was reveled later than GX but is already available. Any prediction when will GX will hit the dealers?
thought the were revealed on the same day ? TX is being made here in the US so maybe. Is the TX available globally ? I would think the GX will hit dealers Jan / Feb.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

Haven't seen this guy before, but I really like his no-nonsense, thorough approach. Good look at a Saddle interior too, and a GX with the third row.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
thought the were revealed on the same day ? TX is being made here in the US so maybe. Is the TX available globally ? I would think the GX will hit dealers Jan / Feb.
If I'm remembering right, TX is North America only and built in the US. For the GX they likely are allocating most of the production to the Land Cruiser, which does a lot more volume globally.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
"Redefining the platform midway through the build"
Does this mean they originally had a different platform and then moved it on to the TNGA-F platform?
I remember reading the same thing happened with the Seqouia/Tundra.
It means that they weren't happy with some aspect of the TNGA-F platform and decided to heavily revise some portion of it. Completely changing from one platform to another would have likely added a lot more than a year.

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
It means that they weren't happy with some aspect of the TNGA-F platform and decided to heavily revise some portion of it. Completely changing from one platform to another would have likely added a lot more than a year.
Makes sense
& thanks to TNGA-F they probably were able to change and revise what they wanted much quicker than it would normally take
Since the core vehicle which TNGA-F spread out from was the LC300 and that started development in 2014.

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
This video mentions some of the sub categories in the TNGA-F platform.

translation says ''F0 will be the platform - F1 will be the station wagon type - F2 is the light duty Land Cruiser''

F1 is for the station wagon ( Meaning LC300/LX)
F2 is for the light duty range (LC250/GX)

I am sure it goes into more detail than this I just don't understand Japanese and the YouTube translate only works so well...

start the video from
3 minute 40 to get to the part above ^

I am sure the Tundra/Seqouia + Tacoma/ future 4R have a designation as well, not sure specifically which number they would be, but interesting videos nevertheless.