Reactions

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Those side by side pics (along with the LX) really drive home how the 150 series GX was a square peg in a round hole. It's trying so hard to look luxurious and sleek but the body work betrays the Prado bones. The sucked in wheels and tires and integrated running boards with the flat fenders versus the near flush wheels, proud fender flares, and running boards that are cohesive but the car doesn't look damaged/broken if you remove them. The new GX is going to be an absolute home run *if it is priced right*.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Mike, FANTASTIC comparison photos vs. outgoing model.

The new version is still great, though not perfect. These pics do have me slightly backtracking my thoughts that this is the best Lexus product in the last decade.

The vertical multicolor tail lights of the GX have always been a hallmark feature. The new rear end and tail lights looks kinda like the Jeep wagoneer, pretty plain.

The pics comparing the windshield angle of the outgoing vs. new GX are just wild. Curious how that will add to wind noise.

Weird, but these pics make me like the old body style, which I owned, even more and kind wish they would have kept the 3D nose/grille but just shrunk it a fair amount.

Huh.
funny because IMO those tail lights has always been what dated the GX exterior the most. i agree with your view on the plainness of the new one a little RX or NX twist to it would have been nice.

guy80

Fan
Reactions
"From $60k" feels optimistic, especially when the Land Cruiser is starting around $55k.
hoping my Overtrail doesn't top $70k. May have to flip it if so, but then what do I buy? LC? 2025 4Runner which I don't want to wait for.. tough place in this economy

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I wouldn’t be surprised if the GX is in the $65-75k range, maybe even pushing 80 with options. My guess is mid 70s for a Overtrail +.

Land Cruiser starts mid 50s for a basic 1958 edition, so I would expect the standard Land Cruiser to be around $60-62, with the First Edition pushing $65k. I believe I read there will be a Premium package that adds leather (instead of softex), and I expect that to be another $3-4k I would think.

4Runner will probably start in the low to mid $40s and up to $55k for a TRD Pro.

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
4Runner will probably start in the low to mid $40s and up to $55k for a TRD Pro.
The Current/Old 4Runner TRD Pro already costs over $55k.

GX used to be about $30k less than an LX so a Luxury LX600 is about $108k does that mean a Luxury GX550 will be around $78k? This would be sweet but I doubt it since the GX550 "shares" the same frame/engine/transmission with the LX600. So, $85k'ish for a luxury GX550 is my guess.

jphcbpa

Fan
Reactions
The Current/Old 4Runner TRD Pro already costs over $55k.

GX used to be about $30k less than an LX so a Luxury LX600 is about $108k does that mean a Luxury GX550 will be around $78k? This would be sweet but I doubt it since the GX550 "shares" the same frame/engine/transmission with the LX600. So, $85k'ish for a luxury GX550 is my guess.
I thought I read that the overtrail + will be more expensive than the luxury + ?
I think $80K is the max

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Loaded GX 460 Luxury with Sport Design package rings in around $74-75k depending on extra options. I think the ceiling on the new one will easily be $10k above that.

I'd guess Overtrail+ and Luxury+ are easily in the $80k range.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Post 735 of this thread has the video of a guy who preordered an Overtrail + for $75k. I believe that was just an estimated price the dealer gave, but it must be close to that I would think.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Great video - thanks for sharing. The more I see it, the more I love the exterior and hate the interior :ROFLMAO:

Do we know ground clearance yet? It looks pretty tall - I'm curious.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
Great video - thanks for sharing. The more I see it, the more I love the exterior and hate the interior :ROFLMAO:

Do we know ground clearance yet? It looks pretty tall - I'm curious.
Lexus def screw up the interior. At least they would offer more color options/combinations.