guy80

Fan
Reactions
GX overall for me, but both are missing the mark to be their best imo
Simple example, the shared console make the GX too busy compared to the minimalist dash and as you said, LC seats visually are better

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Based solely on pictures, I’d say the LC has a better interior design. I like the round climate control knobs on the GX, but otherwise, the vents and overall dash layout is nicer on the LC. I like the brown interior and stitching on the LC too.

The LC has three-zone climate controls on two row models, and it looks like the GX does not.
The LC has memory seats, and it sounds like not all GX models have that.
LC has center and rear locker on all models. GX does not.
The GX has messaging seats, which is probably not an option on the LC. Cool box too.

The GX definitely has the better exterior, but the LC just seems to have more of the interior options that I would like.

Is the GX worth the 10k premium over an LC? I dunno. Is an LC worth the 10k premium over a 4Runner? I dunno.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
When it comes to Toyota/ Lexus interiors. For me Toyota Sequoia has the best one so far.

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
GX interior hands down over new FJ Cruiser...I mean Land Cruiser.

IMHO, GX is one of the best new Lexus vehicles of the past decade (which isn't saying much given how slow Lexus moves lol). That being said, compared with the new FJ/LC, GX should outsell this 10:1, minimum.

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
I like the Land Cruiser 300 interior more than the Seqouia.
In photos it looks less flashy I guess than the Seqouia but I sat in both and the LC300 feels like a step above material wise.
I love the way the dash slopes and how you sit in the LC300, it is a very unique seating experience.

Some minor updates to this interior and it will still be nice and fresh for years to come. Will age better than LX 600 interior.
059728bb4021c3b0a6adb12884b82d06.jpg

lc300 .jpeg

Reactions
I like the Land Cruiser 300 interior more than the Seqouia.
In photos it looks less flashy I guess than the Seqouia but I sat in both and the LC300 feels like a step above material wise.
I love the way the dash slopes and how you sit in the LC300, it is a very unique seating experience.

Some minor updates to this interior and it will still be nice and fresh for years to come. Will age better than LX 600 interior.
View attachment 7717

View attachment 7718

This is going to sound so crazy but this car and the GR Yaris are so desirable to me that I, have thought a non-zero number of times about buying a house in a country that Toyota sells the LC300 GR Sport/GR Yaris just so I can have a two-car garage with those two cars.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
GX interior hands down over new FJ Cruiser...I mean Land Cruiser.

IMHO, GX is one of the best new Lexus vehicles of the past decade (which isn't saying much given how slow Lexus moves lol). That being said, compared with the new FJ/LC, GX should outsell this 10:1, minimum.

GX base price being $10k+ more expensive and with 5x fewer dealers means it will probably never outsell Land Cruiser, much less by a multiple of 10x.

mikeavelli

Reactions
My one complaint and something I said previously was hoping that the GX and J250 didn’t share too much of the body. I’m already seeing comments of rebadge which it isn’t. But unfortunately the sides are near identical. Contrarily the LX 600 and LC 300 are nearly totally different.

Explains some of the cost savings and lower price I’m sure. At least both are handsome.

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
My one complaint and something I said previously was hoping that the GX and J250 didn’t share too much of the body. I’m already seeing comments of rebadge which it isn’t. But unfortunately the sides are near identical. Contrarily the LX 600 and LC 300 are nearly totally different.

Explains some of the cost savings and lower price I’m sure. At least both are handsome.

The 2024 GX is nothing but a "rebadge" of the 2024 Land Cruiser (Prado).

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
Cmon Larry it isn’t. Rebadge is like the original LX 450. Literally just a badge swap and maybe grill change. The GX and J250 have completely different engines, interiors and front/rears. No 7 seat J250. Options are different too.

Rebadging​

"In the automotive industry, rebadging is a form of market segmentation used by automobile manufacturers around the world. To allow for product differentiation without designing or engineering a new model or brand (at high cost or risk), a manufacturer creates a distinct automobile by applying a new "badge" or trademark (brand, logo, or manufacturer's name/make/marque) to an existing product line."

"Rebadging is also known as rebranding and badge engineering; the latter is an intentionally ironic misnomer, in that little or no actual engineering takes place. The term originated with the practice of replacing an automobile's emblems to create an ostensibly new model sold by a different maker. Changes may be confined to swapping badges and emblems, or may encompass minor styling differences, as with cosmetic changes to headlights, taillights, front and rear fascias, and even outer body skins. More extreme examples involve differing engines and drivetrains."

What is Badge Engineering:

"Designing and manufacturing a completely new car is very costly for any manufacturer. Besides, it is even more difficult to establish a new brand in the market. It takes several years before the brand gets recognition & becomes successful. However, it is comparatively less expensive for the manufacturers to re-badge a product than to create a whole new model from scratch. This practice is known as “Badge Engineering”.

This term originated with an earlier practice of replacing a car’s badge or logo and give it a new identity. Manufacturers normally apply these modifications only to badges and emblems. At times, they even carry out some minor styling updates. This includes cosmetic changes to head-lamps, tail-lamps or the fascias to give the car new look.

In some cases, they may also offer different mechanical components such as the engine, transmission and safety features etc."

At the end of the day, there's nothing wrong with the new GX being a badge engineered Land Cruiser Prado (like previous generation GX models).

Reactions
Christ y'all need to stop.

The GX isn't a rebadge because there are mechanical differences, styling differences, as well as different interior appointments. Not to mention the GX comes with a twin-turbocharged V6 and a 10-speed automatic, and the Land Cruiser... does not...