Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
Of course the GV70 wins the comparison tests as all Genesis products are optimized to appeal to reviewers. That's the only way they get conquest sales otherwise they become another Acura/Infiniti. The fact that they get good packaging from rwd platform is quite nice, as their rwd sedans all have terrible packaging. Actually the G70/80 are what you would expect had Lexus built IS/GS on GA-N: large heavy and cramped.

NX is the direct opposite, Lexus doesn't care about reviews at all and the execution is entirely addressing complaints from previous NX customers. Which Lexus product gets more than 80% score in reviews from major outlets?

I agree Genesis interior designs are really distinctive although the overall quality is still just okay. Lexus interior designs in non-flagship products are getting quite bland.

Granted much of the lineup is in dire need of a refresh now that we see the future of Lexus' design language being laid out in front of us, but I'm fairly certain there was a point in which their interior designs were praised, from the UX to the RX and so on for being well-laid out and adorned, and would last the test of time despite what most consider to have been an abhorrent series of attempts at software UI. Suppose the constant upgrade cycle has influenced the priorities of reviewers, but at least in that regard the NX is receiving its due praise, and hopefully the same courtesy can extend to the rest of its lineup come time to fit the new infotainment system and driver assist technologies in the remaining models.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
FYI the economics of genesis aren’t sustainable/competitive. That flair comes at a cost. Once more established you’ll see them start chasing margins more.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
We'll see how Genesis compares to upcoming RWD-based Mazda. If one would not like the NX, the Mazda might be the better an alternative compared to Genesis.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
FYI the economics of genesis aren’t sustainable/competitive. That flair comes at a cost. Once more established you’ll see them start chasing margins more.
Seeing their existing powertrains poking holes out their blocks, needing OE filters to prevent catastrophic engine damage, does not give me too much hope that these vehicles were designed to last right now. Sadly I doubt that matters to new vehicle owners since they'll trade it in before that for the next new shiny toy.

Will1991

Reactions
The Lexus NX 450h+ has been named the Plug-in Hybrid of the Year in the prestigious What Car? awards.

And some new information about the importance of this 2NX, it was the first Lexus model to be produced using new vehicle development techniques.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The Lexus NX 450h+ has been named the Plug-in Hybrid of the Year in the prestigious What Car? awards.

And some new information about the importance of this 2NX, it was the first Lexus model to be produced using new vehicle development techniques.

They are touting all digital but they have structural internal challenges that will make truly streamline the process difficult.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The self driving in this thing is very confidence inspiring.

Not at all like the prior one.

it drives like a person. It reminds me more of the Tesla self driving I tried a while ago.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The self driving in this thing is very confidence inspiring.

Not at all like the prior one.

it drives like a person. It reminds me more of the Tesla self driving I tried a while ago.
Did they fix offramp and exits when cruising highways? Highway exit markers would momentarily confuse the system into following the exit rather then proceed straight on the highway?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Did they fix offramp and exits when cruising highways? Highway exit markers would momentarily confuse the system into following the exit rather then proceed straight on the highway?

I haven’t experienced any issues like that, it seems to even handle offset lanes after intersections decently well too. If there’s another car in front of you that helps too.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
No.

ive used LSS 2 and 2.5, this is a step change improvement from my experience.

I couldn’t relax at all with the prior one because the confidence wasn’t there in it.

this one responds and corrects in a way that makes me trust it.

zero chance I’d use the prior system the way I use this one.

plus the old one was terrible in keeping distance, would slow down way too immediately. New one seem intelligent, the distance you set is more of a guide. Like it’ll come up behind a car at a light and get closer than it would follow at higher speed, will keep distance much smoother

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
No.

ive used LSS 2 and 2.5, this is a step change improvement from my experience.

I couldn’t relax at all with the prior one because the confidence wasn’t there in it.

this one responds and corrects in a way that makes me trust it.

zero chance I’d use the prior system the way I use this one.

plus the old one was terrible in keeping distance, would slow down way too immediately. New one seem intelligent, the distance you set is more of a guide. Like it’ll come up behind a car at a light and get closer than it would follow at higher speed, will keep distance much smoother
Thats good to hear. How does the system do in acceleration after slower traffic goes away?

Will1991

Reactions
Possible upgrades coming to the 2023MY NX?

According to Creative311, the 2023MY NX might get:
-Optional digital mirror with front+rear recording function (with ignition on)
-Run flat tires on 20" wheels
-No more CD/DVD deck option (I had no idea this was offered)
-HDMI connections might appear
-Seat+steering wheel heater standard

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Possible upgrades coming to the 2023MY NX?

According to Creative311, the 2023MY NX might get:
-Optional digital mirror with front+rear recording function (with ignition on)
-Run flat tires on 20" wheels
-No more CD/DVD deck option (I had no idea this was offered)
-HDMI connections might appear
-Seat+steering wheel heater standard
The seat heater is a huge plus point, the ignition on function is kind of lame for the cameras (one of the greatest additions on a Tesla is sentry mode).

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
It does fine. You can gas it a bit yourself too to hurry it up.
How've the in-cabin electronics held up for you during your ownership so far? Is wireless carplay stable? My folks own a 21' Pacifica, and it feels like a cointoss on whether it wants to connect or not on a given trip.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
How've the in-cabin electronics held up for you during your ownership so far? Is wireless carplay stable? My folks own a 21' Pacifica, and it feels like a cointoss on whether it wants to connect or not on a given trip.
I’d say stable 99% of the time.

For some reason I think it uses wifi to connect to the car for airplay or something?
My iPhone will sometimes turn off its wifi as I drive by areas I tend to have it off, so sometimes it disconnects.

Overall I’m pretty impressed. Seems like the people running this understand what matters.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
As long as Toyota didnt use Mazdas infotainment team to design their headunit we should be golden