NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
What is a "profile issue"?
The new system is suppose to be able to automatically link a driver profile with the drivers bluetooth enable device the minute they enter the cabin. TFL reporting that the system defaults to guest driver rather then their own profile. This could be an operator error but I did remember the press release indicating driver profiles were a new thing with this system and seamlessly hands over from device to vehicle.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Have you tested the safe exit function (or whatever it's called). How sensitive is it?

One thing that may be hard to test is how well the AWD system hold up on steep hill climb. Usually a Haldex-style AWD system like this will have a burning smell coming from the rear axle when climbing a steep gradient (>10% for over 1000 meters/3300 feet) because the clutch pack is overheating.

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
more detailed notes to come, but so far

no power train complaints. Not hunting for power like with the old one.
I’m comparing to my LC and I’m not complaining, but I came in with reasonable expectations.

That said, the thing rides very very well. In slippery conditions on good rubber it is very confidence inspiring. I actually have to force myself to slow down because I thought the car was making me overly confident in what I knew to be slippery conditions. For some reason I kind of get why it doesn’t have a snow button. It doesn’t really need it.

the LSS3 and trick door handles are very impressive. The advanced cruise control is really quite competent. Even in messy conditions.

In clear conditions, this thing is basically self driving. The curve speed assist, all the little details really expand its usefulness.

The interface is great. I had the option to use the CarPlay interface and maps, but I actually think the default Lexus one is very good and I don’t feel like I’m making a compromise vs google maps.

voice recognition so far seems much better.

Interior lighting isn’t super bright, maybe I was just in a bright area but it’s still a nice touch.

mark levinson is very good; pano roof is very airy and opens the space up.

it feels compact to drive but not small or cramped.

Rear seat heaters and USB ports are great as well.

If anyone has specific ask away

also the 3D view and cameras on the 14 in interface is really really great

Have you used the remote parking function through your phone yet? I don't know if you said you have that feature or not.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The new system is suppose to be able to automatically link a driver profile with the drivers bluetooth enable device the minute they enter the cabin. TFL reporting that the system defaults to guest driver rather then their own profile. This could be an operator error but I did remember the press release indicating driver profiles were a new thing with this system and seamlessly hands over from device to vehicle.

Because you need to go into the settings and link the desired profile to the key fob you have with you.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
If you can, go see these in person at a dealer. I am somehow way happier with this thing than I expected…

It also is very sharp. The grill is actually slightly forward leaning, not totally vertical, very slight it seems but the front end is very shark nosed.

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
If you can, go see these in person at a dealer. I am somehow way happier with this thing than I expected…

It also is very sharp. The grill is actually slightly forward leaning, not totally vertical, very slight it seems but the front end is very shark nosed.

The other day, from about 30 yards or so away, I saw a '22 NX parked next to a new RX. The NX was in the background and the RX in the foreground. Both vehicles were pointing frontwards and I was at about a 30 or so degree angle viewpoint. The NX looked almost the same size as the RX. There wasn't the noticeable difference between the two of them with the old NX. I'm sure the new 20" tires on the NX played a part in it. But you're right about the grille angle especially when you see it next to something with an older design grille.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
He literally skipped right past the little link key button that would address this issue.

or they’re keeping multiple fobs with them when in the car

now when I hop in with my main fob it gets connected right away

remote climate seems a bit wonky, but then again it’s been brutally cold lately

for some reason I can’t get the seat and steering wheel warmers to be on when remote starting.

Last edited:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
lol, thanks a lot guys, never linked my phone to my profile in tesla, so this got me to search yt on how to do it :)

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
It seems you cant get ML audio on the NX 350h with Luxury package, is that right? Must select premium package - not luxury package?

Motor

Expert
Reactions

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Haha @Gecko, more of the Lexus marketing really pushing that "Overlanding/offroading" vibe to pull from. LOL offroad vehicle stack with the LX, NX, and atvs/bikes.

Honda Trailsport Meet the competition NX350h LRD.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Lexus pretending to care about the offroad crowd is quite cringy, seeing how 'soft' their hardest core SUV has become.

They know they can make a lot of money selling body kits to people who will never take the NX to dirt.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Lexus pretending to care about the offroad crowd is quite cringy, seeing how 'soft' their hardest core SUV has become.

They know they can make a lot of money selling body kits to people who will never take the NX to dirt.

Here in the US, a different set of tires, wheels and a bumper chop turn GXs and LXs into trail-ready rigs that are showing up more and more. Lexus has a lot of momentum in the off road scene, but only with the BOF products.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions

Thats the recipe for success....cringy. Honda has their trailsport moniker CUVs, Toyota has the Rav4 TRD (highlander TRD would not surprise me), and now Lexus with this body kit. Lexus marketing and product planning love attracting this demographic as they are likely to buy into this regardless of actual capability.

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
They are only after the $$$$$$, can't blame them. Who's in their freaking mind to offroad on a Rav4 or NX. Just buy a used GX/4Runner for that...prolly much cheaper

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
To be fair I can see people offroading a Rav4 in the same vein they do Crosstreks.. but NX.. I don't see anyone offroading that. I recall Audi and BMW both tried to market off-road kits for Q5/Q7/X3/X5 but those didn't really take off. I believe they've both stopped offering the offroad packages.