CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
If anyone wants to know anything specific ask away, I’ll have one in hand within a couple of days.

JJohn341

Fan
Reactions
How is the new Multimedia System? How is the power train calibration. (I always lo'the Toyota/Lexus's calibration of engine, transmission, and stability systems but loves the ride, and comfort refinement and build quality when comparing with Honda/Acura and some German manufacturers). Difference when compared with Stablemate Rav4. Also, if possible comparison with Acura RDX.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
To be honest it didn’t feel like a turbo engine to me… granted it’s winter and I didn’t push it too hard on the drive, but I thought it does the job for the size of car.

vs the RAV4, No it doesn’t feel like a perfected RAV4. It feels like a smaller RX. The rav4 is not comparable, in my opinion, though very good for what it is.

much better than last gen imo.

the ride, even in the F sport model is quite comfortable, especially when you consider they have run flats.

the tech is amazing. I don’t mind the old one but the new one seems quite good.

I was told to make sure I have the app installed when I come to get the vehicle. It seems like it’s pretty integral.

I’ll have more feedback on Monday. Design looks very good in person. Process wasn’t perfect in my opinion but overall good experience.

I’ll need to look closer when I can to see if it had a snow mode, I didn’t see one, while the rav4 has a few different modes.

Last edited:
Reactions
To be honest it didn’t feel like a turbo engine to me… granted it’s winter and I didn’t push it too hard on the drive, but I thought it does the job for the size of car.

vs the RAV4, No it doesn’t feel like a perfected RAV4. It feels like a smaller RX. The rav4 is not comparable, in my opinion, though very good for what it is.

much better than last gen imo.

the ride, even in the F sport model is quite comfortable, especially when you consider they have run flats.

the tech is amazing. I don’t mind the old one but the new one seems quite good.

I was told to make sure I have the app installed when I come to get the vehicle. It seems like it’s pretty integral.

I’ll have more feedback on Monday. Design looks very good in person. Process wasn’t perfect in my opinion but overall good experience.

I’ll need to look closer when I can to see if it had a snow mode, I didn’t see one, while the rav4 has a few different modes.

Tell us more about the turbo engine when you can.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
more detailed notes to come, but so far

no power train complaints. Not hunting for power like with the old one.
I’m comparing to my LC and I’m not complaining, but I came in with reasonable expectations.

That said, the thing rides very very well. In slippery conditions on good rubber it is very confidence inspiring. I actually have to force myself to slow down because I thought the car was making me overly confident in what I knew to be slippery conditions. For some reason I kind of get why it doesn’t have a snow button. It doesn’t really need it.

the LSS3 and trick door handles are very impressive. The advanced cruise control is really quite competent. Even in messy conditions.

In clear conditions, this thing is basically self driving. The curve speed assist, all the little details really expand its usefulness.

The interface is great. I had the option to use the CarPlay interface and maps, but I actually think the default Lexus one is very good and I don’t feel like I’m making a compromise vs google maps.

voice recognition so far seems much better.

Interior lighting isn’t super bright, maybe I was just in a bright area but it’s still a nice touch.

mark levinson is very good; pano roof is very airy and opens the space up.

it feels compact to drive but not small or cramped.

Rear seat heaters and USB ports are great as well.

If anyone has specific ask away

also the 3D view and cameras on the 14 in interface is really really great

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
9EA7DF9C-6614-46B2-8F9E-65E50C9E5E4B.jpeg
it even reminds you to check the back seat if it detects a child seat or something there you may have neglected!
866C4B7B-55FF-41BC-93B8-00DC3ABAC378.jpeg82721E82-5994-4197-BE34-B06A6D079EF5.jpeg

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
hows remote climate looking? Can you close the windows?

App looks very usable from screenshots.

larryren

Follower
Reactions
It seem Taiwan got fully powertrain spec, they got NX200 to start and also got 450h+ and 2.4T. It make me in mainland little bit envy......Screenshot_20220105_160338_tv.danmaku.bili.png

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
We don't even get the E-Four NX450h+ but just the 2WD NX400h+ while the RAV4 PHV gets the full power system. A big head scratcher!

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
View attachment 5399
it even reminds you to check the back seat if it detects a child seat or something there you may have neglected!
View attachment 5400View attachment 5401
This is all similar to what I see on my Toyota Connect app for my 2022 Camry.

And when I turn off the ignition, it will beep to warn me to "Check the rear seat", if I have opened one of the rear doors after opening a front door (to drop a bag in rear, for instance).