2024 Mazda CX-90

Motor

Expert
Reactions

This engine provides CX-90 an engaging driving experience with a rewarding exhaust note, while also featuring a mild-hybrid system for efficiency without compromising on performance.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I am not a fan of how the CX-60 looks - I feel like it looks 8 years old and too generic.

With that said, knowing how important this car is for Mazda, I hope the design is far more striking and unique than the CX-60 because that's what it will need to stand out as a flagship for the brand. My fear is that it's not.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
The CX-60's looks have grown on me a lot TBH. I'm more worried about the rear 3/4 view of the CX90 though.. the spyshots show it to be incredibly round and bulbous.. and the taillights don't look that great.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Isn't it sad that in a world where V12s are dead and V8s are dying, now an "Inline-6" on the side of the car becomes a status symbol?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Love the fact it’s rwd based and an i-6. I’m confused on positioning as it has more power than most base engines but less than optional ones. Seems like the GV70 this will be a drivers crossover.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Love the fact it’s rwd based and an i-6. I’m confused on positioning as it has more power than most base engines but less than optional ones. Seems like the GV70 this will be a drivers crossover.
I think that's a good thing that is powerful than most base engine the pricing will tell where they are trying to position it.

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
Mazda isn’t super popular but they make fantastic vehicles. I love that they developed this new powertrain, and for the most part don’t just follow trends. When they say driving matters they mean it. I am disappointed they discontinued the Mazda6 but I can understand it because Americans have a weird obsession for crossovers and suvs. Overall I am excited for this vehicle and it’s quite possible I would trade in my car and truck for this CX90. The PHEV is very intriguing.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Mazda isn’t super popular but they make fantastic vehicles. I love that they developed this new powertrain, and for the most part don’t just follow trends. When they say driving matters they mean it. I am disappointed they discontinued the Mazda6 but I can understand it because Americans have a weird obsession for crossovers and suvs. Overall I am excited for this vehicle and it’s quite possible I would trade in my car and truck for this CX90. The PHEV is very intriguing.
Mazda's problem is that too many people say "I would buy" but not enough people actually buy.

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
Mazda's problem is that too many people say "I would buy" but not enough people actually buy.
Well I say “I would” because A. It hasn’t been fully debuted yet. B. Going from a car and a truck to a crossover is a bit of a switch.

Considering I said “I would buy a M6 Signature” and then bought a 2021 M6 Signature I’d say I’m doing ok.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Well I say “I would” because A. It hasn’t been fully debuted yet. B. Going from a car and a truck to a crossover is a bit of a switch.

Considering I said “I would buy a M6 Signature” and then bought a 2021 M6 Signature I’d say I’m doing ok.
The smaller CX-70 which will debut later might be a little more suitable to transition from the Mazda6.

But I do know how you feel, I would 100% buy a i6 RWD based Mazda sedan, but because it's crossover only I don't feel that desire to buy one.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
Leave it to the folks at Mazda to make me excited for a crossover! I think it's just the kinda setup that'd make me interested! Stout 6 cylinder, a plug-in hybrid, and a classy-lookin' interior that looks real stylish!