2024 Mazda CX-90

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Looks kinda European, nice. And the D pillar probably will age better than fake floating rooflines that are already going out of style.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I actually like the D pillar, adds strength to the design. Mazda said they did it partly because it is a RWD based vehicle.

I would easily choose this over the Enclave , the MDX and QX60.

Reactions
I actually like the D pillar, adds strength to the design. Mazda said they did it partly because it is a RWD based vehicle.

I would easily choose this over the Enclave , the MDX and QX60.

I'd also have a hard time choosing between this and the RX.

FFS this Mazda has a 6-cylinder option and Lexus does not. Toyota is being lazy by not developing a new 6-cylinder power-unit. Be it an inline-six or a V6. V35A-FTS is good for trucks but I'm talking about smaller vehicles.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I'd also have a hard time choosing between this and the RX.

FFS this Mazda has a 6-cylinder option and Lexus does not. Toyota is being lazy by not developing a new 6-cylinder power-unit. Be it an inline-six or a V6. V35A-FTS is good for trucks but I'm talking about smaller vehicles.

I was comparing 7/8 seat SUVs.

That said this is bigger than just Toyota and Lexus. This also trumps many of the Germans as well if you want to go there. Mazda has created something truly unique in a crowded segment.

And again to me the really intriguing model isn’t the I-6 for me but the I-4 plug in hybrid which makes comparable power.

I’ve seen the numerous complaints of the lack of a 6 in the new RX which I understand.

Reactions

That said this is bigger than just Toyota and Lexus. This also trumps many of the Germans as well if you want to go there. Mazda has created something truly unique in a crowded segment.

And again to me the really intriguing model isn’t the I-6 for me but the I-4 plug in hybrid which makes comparable power.

I’ve seen the numerous complaints of the lack of a 6 in the new RX which I understand.

The Q7? Sure. The GLE? Perhaps. The X5? No.

The RX (and every other Lexus that is not the UX) needs to come with a six-cylinder model. 4-cylinders are just not acceptable at this level.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions

I do believe this will split the size between a Highlander and Grand Highlander/TX correct?

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Fun fact... I work at an Audi dealer near Mazda's R&D.. we delivered and retrieved a Q7 they rented from us. The person picking it up was doing interior material/quality testing, so I can only assume they were doing some last-minute benchmark testing with our Q7.. interior measurements and other stuff perhaps?

I am very excited to compare interior quality though, because the Q7's interior quality disappoints me a lot, I do expect the CX-90 to have a lot higher quality interior.

I bugged the person to let me in the R&D center's underground museum but they said it's employees only smh :ROFLMAO:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The X5 and F Pace are two of my favorite CUVs and I see similarities to both in this design - I think that's what I like most on the exterior.

I also applaud what Mazda has been doing with interior materials and design. Finally, something original and unique with the wool material on the dash and doors.

mikeavelli

Reactions
The X5 and F Pace are two of my favorite CUVs and I see similarities to both in this design - I think that's what I like most on the exterior.

I also applaud what Mazda has been doing with interior materials and design. Finally, something original and unique with the wool material on the dash and doors.

I mean i’ll never forget their booth at Rolex pre covid with wood and a clean modern design and was honestly shocked at how well done it was…. then i saw Acuras 10x10 tent and you immediately think “wow Mazda understands luxury better”.

Not surprised at this vehicle at all. I mean Honda just released their Pilot and it’s absolute crap compared to this.

This and the Palisade/Telluride are segment busters. Curious will Americans now give Mazda a serious look.

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
I mean i’ll never forget their booth at Rolex pre covid with wood and a clean modern design and was honestly shocked at how well done it was…. then i saw Acuras 10x10 tent and you immediately think “wow Mazda understands luxury better”.

Not surprised at this vehicle at all. I mean Honda just released their Pilot and it’s absolute crap compared to this.

This and the Palisade/Telluride are segment busters. Curious will Americans now give Mazda a serious look.

Palisade has to be one of uglier SUVs of the moment. That front end is just.....I can't even look.

My Grandpa is car fanatic and has owned some extremely nice cars in his day, always has a small stable. He has a newer Mazda CUV (CX-50 I think) that he won't shut up about how much he loves it.

Don't know why, but this has too much Buick for me in the design. Not for me personally, but I hope it does well in some respect.

If Mike would just release a few more breadcrumbs about the next GX....

mikeavelli

Reactions
Palisade has to be one of uglier SUVs of the moment. That front end is just.....I can't even look.

My Grandpa is car fanatic and has owned some extremely nice cars in his day, always has a small stable. He has a newer Mazda CUV (CX-50 I think) that he won't shut up about how much he loves it.

Don't know why, but this has too much Buick for me in the design. Not for me personally, but I hope it does well in some respect.

If Mike would just release a few more breadcrumbs about the next GX....

Ahaha sorry no GX info but it is BOF so really different to what’s mentioned. The Palisaide might catch fire but no denying selling 100k units a year overnight is a hit. It’s a great blend of Range Rover, Audi, BMW cues for the budget conscious. It outsells the pilot now I believe.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions

Palisade's not great, but I saw a GV70 for real in traffic a few days ago and the photos really undersell how terrible the back end is. I was actually alerted to it by non-car-enthusiast passengers pointing and yelling "eww, that's ugly!".

Motor

Expert
Reactions

CX-90 3.3 Turbo Select$39,595
CX-90 3.3 Turbo Preferred$43,445
CX-90 3.3 Turbo Preferred Plus $45,900
CX-90 3.3 Turbo Premium$48,900
CX-90 3.3 Turbo Premium Plus$52,950
CX-90 PHEV Preferred$47,445
CX-90 PHEV Premium$52,900
CX-90 PHEV Premium Plus$56,950
CX-90 3.3 Turbo S$51,750
CX-90 3.3 Turbo S Premium$56,450
CX-90 3.3 Turbo S Premium Plus$59,950

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
VERY reasonably priced. But I feel like it's price a little too low?

I wish we had the same trim level names as Europe... "Exclusive Line, Homura, Takumi" but Americans would prob be confused haha

Motor

Expert
Reactions

CX-90 3.3 Turbo 280-hp

CX-90 3.3 Turbo S 340-hp

CX-90 PHEV 323 hp