Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
How'd you like it in person?
It's big and long in person. Definitely translates to more interior room/space. I have a GX and when all three rows are up, there is no room after the third row. I have a cargo box (Thule) that I put on top of the GX when I need more cargo space. This particular TX 500h was blacked out (murdered out), even the chrome piece above the front and passenger doors were black chrome. The grill has softened a bit since the spindle grill (now unified spindle body) was polarizing for some. Wish there was an option for triple beam LED headlights.

There is no bench seat for the second row for the 500h or 550h+ (only captain's chairs) which limits the seating capacity for additional people. The Grand Highlander can seat up to 8 people but then the Grand Highlander doesn't get a PHEV. Lexus will have three PHEV's (NX 450h+, RX 450h+ and TX 550h+), Toyota only has two (Prius Prime and RAV4 Prime).

I definitely like the TX and will wait for the 2025 to purchase one and want to make sure Lexus works out all the kinks/bugs for the first-year model. Hopefully Lexus will add triple beam LED headlights, additional exterior colors, more wood trim interior as options, also have a panoramic moonroof and bench seat for the second row as an option for the TX 500h/550h+.

Attachments

• 20231019_110117.jpg
    20231019_110117.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
For anyone interested I sit inside the TX, Q7, MDX and Q60 and you will note the clear difference in interior room and cargo space

2024 Lexus TX vs Acura MDX vs Audi Q7 vs Infiniti Q60 | Second row room and cargo room

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
For anyone interested I sit inside the TX, Q7, MDX and Q60 and you will note the clear difference in interior room and cargo space

2024 Lexus TX vs Acura MDX vs Audi Q7 vs Infiniti Q60 | Second row room and cargo room
Staggering difference. Especially that third row, and you still have more space in the back.

Excellent offering.

NVlaar

Follower
Reactions
Lexus has lost the plot. Performance 3 row boat? Really? At this point, only the LC ( and 2UR to an extent) single-handedly separating Lexus from the likes of Acura and Infiniti. It almost looks to me that Lexus doesn't want to position itself as a 'true' luxury brand like the 3 germans. They are happy being the bigger brother of the value luxury brands. Oh wait, they are more like germans in one area though, putting piano black plastics and unnecessarily huge screens. Kudos.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Lexus has lost the plot. Performance 3 row boat? Really? At this point, only the LC ( and 2UR to an extent) single-handedly separating Lexus from the likes of Acura and Infiniti. It almost looks to me that Lexus doesn't want to position itself as a 'true' luxury brand like the 3 germans. They are happy being the bigger brother of the value luxury brands. Oh wait, they are more like germans in one area though, putting piano black plastics and unnecessarily huge screens. Kudos.

Mazda: developing new inline 6 and new RWD architecture
Lexus: rebadging Toyota counterparts and selling them at higher costs

Reactions
Mazda: developing new inline 6 and new RWD architecture
Lexus: rebadging Toyota counterparts and selling them at higher costs

Lexus just needed to do what Mazda did but amp that up to 11 in terms of performance and luxury.

We are so close yet so far. :'(