Reactions
I am curious how you have arrived at this conclusion when we've seen the front passenger side of the dash and door panel, three rows of seating and the rear half of the side profile?

because it's speculation. I said "does not seem" and "potentially". It's also based on the Grand Highlander, which is sized in between X5/X7 and GLE/GLS dimensionally

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
the NX -> RX base price jump is about 22%, that theoretically puts the TX starting at around 60k, maybe more.

I sat in an RX while getting service and was very unimpressed with the materials chosen for the RX, the TX does not seem to fix that trend (cost cutting). Lexus will be given a pass from the press and consumers, but if you compare an X5, GLE, or GV80, the TX falls short. The saving grace is that it is quite a bit more spacious than these 3. It's sized in between the X5/X7, GLE/GLS, so it could potentially be the value play with lexus reliability.
I think there is this mistake most off us make we judge a book by the cover. I recently had an X5 40iDrive rental through my insurance for a few days and even though the drive was nice and well composed the build quality of the material used in the interior was very flimsy. The vents were already broken the infotainment not even close to being straight forward. I tried to adjust the audio and it was an headache. it was a case of everything that glitters is not gold.

So, judging by how simple a design is should not be mistaken for lack of quality.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
So, judging by how simple a design is should not be mistaken for lack of quality.
I don't think it's lack of quality being judged as much as a lack of luxury, which is an entirely different thing. Luxury historically is associated with things that are impractical, so it was a flex that you had them anyway. Real leather and wood interiors look and feel nicer, but they're also significantly more difficult and expensive to maintain and potentially replace.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The cost difference between a plastic fake wood piece and real wood piece is negligible on a car. The total area of all the trim pieces is less than a wooden chair. It's a pure profit generator that there's no point not offering it.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I had some conversations with a couple dealer employees and the RX L is actually a question they get often. It surprised me. Obviously the TX will lift the bill.

Lexus interiors seems to be going for focus on the Lexus Interface and a near minimalist interior. It’s fine but hasn’t gotten rave reviews. It has to be challenging having a giant screen that now is touch screen and then it’s not an ipad like everyone else.

Reactions
The various luxury vehicle brands & the majority of luxury vehicle buyers probably wouldn't agree with your opinion.

Real genuine wood, aluminum & carbon fiber trimmed interiors are the hallmarks of a luxury vehicle.
Agree, except (fake) carbon fiber is quite overrated when you see manufacturers plaster them in more inexpensive cars. Fake carbon trim is as silly as it can get.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Rear one looks long, and gx has the low part in the middle of the hood, no?

Last edited:

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
Yes indeed, the interior of the Grand Highlander is looking very nice, which bodes well for the TX (contrary to those teaser pics released by Lexus). 8 more days to know for sure.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Write some some questions y’all have or what you would like shown and I’ll try my best. Really excited for next week.

Brickhead

Fan
Reactions
Write some some questions y’all have or what you would like shown and I’ll try my best. Really excited for next week.
Drivetrains, specs, trim levels, and prices. Side by side comparison with the new GX. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions
target competitors

This will be interesting what they say. It's sized right in between the Germans (X5 - TX - X7, GLE - TX - GLS).

On the Asian side, the grand highlander/TX are slightly bigger than the QX60 and Acrua MDX (which feels more RX competitor). The GV80 is more X5/GLE sized. The closest would be the QX60.

Possibly the Lincoln Aviator or XT6?