Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I don't see much wood trim in the TX, comparatively? Unless that's what surrounds the speaker?

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
I don't see much wood trim in the TX, comparatively? Unless that's what surrounds the speaker?

No wood. I zoomed in closely on my PC and they appear to be mostly leather (leatherette?) with no stitching, unlike X7 which has all kinds of fancy materials.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
No wood. I zoomed in closely on my PC and they appear to be mostly leather (leatherette?) with no stitching, unlike X7 which has all kinds of fancy materials.

Seems you're right. Still curious to see if this is positioned more at the MDX/Enclave or the X7/GLS, but that snapshot of the interior is definitely look more like the former. More wood and more stitching required for the latter 😁

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
Would be interested to know if the teaser pics show the top-trim level or not. Owning both an (2019) ES and (2018) LS, my initial impressions is the TX is more ES-level luxury than LS-level luxury. Was never expecting LS (ie flagship) level luxury on the TX, but was hoping for a little more than what these teaser pictures show. Anyway let us wait for the full reveal on June 8th, 8pm EST (which I believe @Carmaker1 called out a few days ago .. not sure whether he said that date was for the TX or revamped GX).

Last edited:

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I would reserve judgement on the materials. Looks can be decieving.

That said, its a nicely sculpted, tasteful interior.

I actually feel it looks more upscale than cheeseball LED and over the top busy design.

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
I'll reserve final judgement once the TX is revealed, but based on the interior previews, I'm not seeing anything that remotely resembles a luxury interior.

1684874054420-png.7193

7b8f4a9f-0eb8-46a7-85b3-61327f549992-jpeg.7189

Reactions
the NX -> RX base price jump is about 22%, that theoretically puts the TX starting at around 60k, maybe more.

I sat in an RX while getting service and was very unimpressed with the materials chosen for the RX, the TX does not seem to fix that trend (cost cutting). Lexus will be given a pass from the press and consumers, but if you compare an X5, GLE, or GV80, the TX falls short. The saving grace is that it is quite a bit more spacious than these 3. It's sized in between the X5/X7, GLE/GLS, so it could potentially be the value play with lexus reliability.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Lexus will be given a pass from the press and consumers, but if you compare an X5, GLE, or GV80, the TX falls short. The saving grace is that it is quite a bit more spacious than these 3.

I am curious how you have arrived at this conclusion when we've seen the front passenger side of the dash and door panel, three rows of seating and the rear half of the side profile?