Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
20230612_173808.jpg

The TX was also there.. but I just took a quick shot and glanced at the interior lol.

The exterior just.. idk. The design doesn't match the proportions, looks almost minivan-y unlike the proper SUV-looking Kia Telluride for example. The front overhang is long and tall.. just sticks out like a sore thumb.

RAL

Reactions
View attachment 7468

The TX was also there.. but I just took a quick shot and glanced at the interior lol.

The exterior just.. idk. The design doesn't match the proportions, looks almost minivan-y unlike the proper SUV-looking Kia Telluride for example. The front overhang is long and tall.. just sticks out like a sore thumb.
The grille on this lux model looks better ...

mikeavelli

Reactions
View attachment 7468

Well the Telluride has to look like a fake 4x4 cause they don’t make one. It is a FWD based unibody. The TX is allowed to look like a crossover since Lexus sells the boxy GX and LX.

I agree the TX won’t win any design awards but it’s not trying to be something it isn’t.

Kia be like

1686636561613.png

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Well yeah the offroading marketing for the Telluride is BS, but I mean proportionately it looks a lot better than the TX ignoring the offroading stuff. Plus Kia does have the body-on-frame Mohave in other markets still.. they might decide to return to the body on frame in US now that they have a pickup truck in development.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
In my opinion, I think Lexus didn't want the TX to steal the spotlight from the RX, may be that is why the TX looks more reserved compared to the RX. The RX is the highest volume seller for Lexus and didn't want to mess that up. The TX will definitely supplement CUV sales for Lexus.

On the sedan side we got the ES first then later the IS which was a two-pronged approach into the entry level luxury sedan market which later caused the death of the GS (Lexus (Koji Sato-san), please bring back a 5GS based off the Toyota Crown sedan. Hopefully Lexus doesn't kill off the LS as sales have plummeted in recent years...

Will1991

Reactions
It seems everyone was expecting a X7/GLE fighter and this just isn't it...

But considering current Lexus line up, it would be tricky to place between GX, LX and RX.... With this TX, Lexus is clearly aiming for day-to-day driving, the school run, vacations with lots of highway driving and needs/wants those 3 rows.

Both X7 and GLE are amazing products but they end up always trying to be something they're not, at least the TX is true to his purpose...

X7 tries to be sporty, tries to be the "drivers choice"... Which isn't since it's a full size SUV, dynamically it has physical limitations.
The GLE tries to be a off roader, even having that bouncing function...

jphcbpa

Fan
Reactions
View attachment 7468

That colorway looks good on it

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
But considering current Lexus line up, it would be tricky to place between GX, LX and RX....
Lexus internally I think considers the BOF GX/LX to be a separate lineup from the UX/NX/RX/TX. That would've been made explicit if the LF-1 had happened because then there would be separate flagship BOF (LX) and unibody (LF-1) SUVs. Because of that the RX and TX (which for all intents and purposes is the RX L 2.0) are in a weird no-man's land where they're technically the top of their category but not true flagships.

mikeavelli

Reactions
It’s an interesting play the more I look at it. Pricing hasn’t been released but the TX is the size of a X7. Both made in the USA. Base X7 engine is an I-6 with 375hp and 398lbs of torque at 82k. With options it’s 100k easy. Obviously the M60i is the V-8 with 523hp and starts at 102k.

I just don’t see the TX starting anywhere near 82k. I would think 70k? This is just me guessing.

And again while we like to compare most buyers usually have their mind made up and want what they want. A Lexus owner wants a TX and a BMW owner wants a X7. Very few really switch or try things out.

I’m driving a RX L now and for the person who had that vehicle or wanted it, the TX is a leap of a difference.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
To those who saw the TX, do you remember if the TX has exposed interior doors frames as the Grand Highlander or are they covered?

Toyota-Grand_Highlander_Platinum-2024-1024-46.jpg

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Considering that an RX 350 starts at $49k, I think a base TX 350 should ring in well under $60k -- maybe $55k?

Grand Highlander starts at $43k. Grand Highlander Limited Hybrid Max starts at $55k. MDX starts at $53k. QX 60 starts at $51k. Q7 starts at $60k. X5 starts at $63k.

TX is much more of an Acura/Infiniti-esque product execution and needs to be priced closer to those two than anything German. Can Lexus command a bit of a premium over Acura and Infiniti? Yeah, but let's not forget the QX 60 interior is actually pretty lux with quilted saddle leather, wood trim, etc.... and the MDX is kind of the stalwart in this segment.

My guess for base prices is:
TX 350: $54,950
TX 500h FSP: $68k
TX 550h+: $74k

mikeavelli

Reactions
Considering that an RX 350 starts at $49k, I think a base TX 350 should ring in well under $60k -- maybe $55k?

Grand Highlander starts at $43k. Grand Highlander Limited Hybrid Max starts at $55k. MDX starts at $53k. QX 60 starts at $51k. Q7 starts at $60k. X5 starts at $63k.

TX is much more of an Acura/Infiniti-esque product execution and needs to be priced closer to those two than anything German. Can Lexus command a bit of a premium over Acura and Infiniti? Yeah, but let's not forget the QX 60 interior is actually pretty lux with quilted saddle leather, wood trim, etc.... and the MDX is kind of the stalwart in this segment.

My guess for base prices is:
TX 350: $54,950
TX 500h FSP: $68k
TX 550h+: $74k

Good post. And tons of people bought the last generation QX60 and MdX and they were pretty bad. The current ones are waaaayyyy better products.

They both continue to miss the hybrid boat. Last gen mdx has a short hybrid run. Not sure why honda has hybrids and acura has nothing. Advantage TX.

Actually i do know why they haven’t a clue in the luxury space.

Last edited: