2022 Honda Civic

supra93

Expert
Reactions

2022-honda-civic-sedan-touring-preview1.jpg

b.ba

Fan
Reactions
I'm also pretty pleased with how this looks. I think it somewhat reminds me of the XV40 Camry (especially in SE trim) where the styling is restrained (so that it looks inoffensive/nice to look at but doesn't stir the soul). My main gripe is the surfacing near the Honda badge on the front bumper, which I think makes it look like a beluga whale:1618430005945.png
(maybe there's some radars or some sensors there that needs the surface to be flat like that?)

I can also see why people could be disappointed by the design...

Reactions

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Very clean and lux. design in and out with Honda handling it will be the most selling car in it's category until the next generation Corolla appears

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
The exterior is certainly very generic, however I quite like the interior surprisingly. I'm almost shocked at how clean, uncluttered, and highly functional the interior is. No screens everywhere, no ridiculous tech gimmicks, and no Star Trek motifs in the interior. A surprisingly old-school and very driving-focused interior. Also it's ironic how Honda has gone from having an overstyled, garish exterior in the previous generation to now an understyled and super generic exterior.

Last edited:
Reactions
The exterior is certainly very generic, however I quite like the interior surprisingly. I'm almost shocked at how clean, uncluttered, and highly functional the interior is. No screens everywhere, no ridiculous tech gimmicks, and no Star Trek motifs in the interior. A surprisingly old-school and very driving-focused interior. Also it's ironic how Honda has gone from having an overstyled, garish exterior in the previous generation to now an understyled and super generic exterior.

This is just the complex of Honda following the every other generation pattern of having a over-styled to an under-styled car.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I honestly really like the current generation except the boomerang tails. It’s the only fastback Honda or acura that’s worked for me,

This is so bland I just don’t understand it. It seems like a blander Jetta with the Accord c-pillar, The nose is so weird.

The thing is I think the Kia entry is okay, the Elantra is awful and the Corolla I think wins here,

I look at this and I would just get a CR-Zzzzzzzz instead.

Reactions: RAL

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
The Civic's little brother the City has also become plain and ugly, it's quite a bit longer than the previous gen City yet most of its extra length went into the front overhang for some reason, like FWD cars from 80s and 90s, interior and boot space did grow a little, but when you take into consideration of the larger exterior dimensions of the new gen City, its packaging efficiency is actually worst than the old gen City. It's also worse than its predecessor in the driving department, because Honda decided to give the new City a very soft and floaty suspension setup, very old school and not in a good way. The DOHC 1.5 L15 makes decent power on paper 122PS/120HP and 145NM of torque, but in real world driving it's really lacking in low end and mid range torque, although it's still just slightly quicker and more fuel efficient than its predecessor. With bland styling and old underpinnings, I wouldn't be surprised if their initial popularity would drop off pretty quickly as time moves on.

Honestly, out of all the new Hondas, it seems that the new Vezel is the only one that looks decent, but then again its exterior design is very Harrier-esque and it's also a lot more expensive than it the old Vezel. The new Jazz looks even more like a box on wheels than ever, the new City looks worse and drives worse than it's predecessor and the new 11th gen Civic looks like it has been designed by VW but at least it would drive just as well as the 10th gen and it has a really nice interior.