2022 Acura Integra

Reactions
We luv ya bro!

LOL thank you! I think I've built a reputation for being a bit explosive with joy whenever I see or hear good news on here. In real life I am not this reactionary when it gets to things that are not cars and racing. And only some elements really excited me.

I'm someone who always hopes to be optimistic and seeing this made me a little sad (and Mike I thought you were being sarcastic at first about what the Integra would be). However, I was also sad initially when I found out that the A90 GR Supra was being developed with BMW in 2014. I remember talking about it with friends as I was crucifying the car and how sacrilegious it was for Toyota to not build their own GR Supra. Once I heard of what this car was going to be and once I got to experience it, I ended up loving it for objective reasons I listed previously, even when you consider its flaws and the fact that it isn't on Toyota's bones.

But Acura isn't Toyota, and seeing how Acura marketed the Type-S but underdelivered and contrast that to how Toyota marketed the GR86/GR Supra as well as Lexus with the NX/IS500, it really shows that one conglomerate has done an excellent job at overdelivering on the final product, while keeping things really low-key, and I don't have that much hope for the other in case of the Integra.

I hope the Integra will be a REALLY good sedan that fights against the Audi A3 and the BMW 2-Series. I do think that Acura can make the Integra live up to its name but as a sedan. I hope they learned their lesson from the TLX Type-S.

Last edited:

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
I feel attacked. 😂😂

Can't we just hope for the best? :' ^ (
Dude bro I ain't even targeting you, I was targeting the people running those kinds of trashy car websites and the clickbait youtubers that either hype or trash the hell out of any upcoming interesting cars while having absolutely zero experience and facts about those cars to back up their content just to get more clicks and views.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I hope the Integra will be a REALLY good sedan that fights against the Audi A3 and the BMW 2-Series. I do think that Acura can make the Integra live up to its name but as a sedan. I hope they learned their lesson from the TLX Type-S.
I think most people here are cheering for any non-German premium car to do well at this point, because the conventional wisdom has flipped decidedly back to "only BMW/Audi/M-B are good" and that hurts both us and the Acura fanboys. But Honda/Acura still needs to execute, including their marketing. The TLX Type S is a decent sedan that was mis-marketed as a speed monster when it isn't. All of us who remember the bubble era expect the new Integra to be at least mildly performance oriented, but it looks like they're giving us an ES-fighter instead.

Reactions
I think most people here are cheering for any non-German premium car to do well at this point, because the conventional wisdom has flipped decidedly back to "only BMW/Audi/M-B are good" and that hurts both us and the Acura fanboys. But Honda/Acura still needs to execute, including their marketing. The TLX Type S is a decent sedan that was mis-marketed as a speed monster when it isn't. All of us who remember the bubble era expect the new Integra to be at least mildly performance oriented, but it looks like they're giving us an ES-fighter instead.

I saw another red Type-S yesterday and my neck rubber-banded to take a glance at it. It really has road presence but no, it definitely does not live up to the hype in terms of performance.

There's nothing wrong with underpromising and overdelivering. You always get happy customers. :^)

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I am really sad for the current Japanese companies
As if they lost the compass not only it's needle!

Levi

Expert
Reactions
at least that looks good for a rebodied Civic. even without V6, it might cannibalize TLX sales, even more so if it has AWD.

4 door sedans are continuously going the fastback root (Audi GT, Porsche Taycan, next Audi A8, Genesis G80, Toyota Mirai II -- aka Lexus GS? --, BMW i4, Peugeot 508 design wise, next BMW 5 Series design wise, all new Mercedes EQE/EQS, etc.).

we'll see what the new Mazda 6 brings, and also what the new IS brings if it comes. New Crown rumors from Japan indicate Mirai II style fastback, even if FWD. going to be transferred to next ES too?

mikeavelli

Reactions
at least that looks good for a rebodied Civic. even without V6, it might cannibalize TLX sales, even more so if it has AWD.

4 door sedans are continuously going the fastback root (Audi GT, Porsche Taycan, next Audi A8, Genesis G80, Toyota Mirai II -- aka Lexus GS? --, BMW i4, Peugeot 508 design wise, next BMW 5 Series design wise, all new Mercedes EQE/EQS, etc.).

we'll see what the new Mazda 6 brings, and also what the new IS brings if it comes. New Crown rumors from Japan indicate Mirai II style fastback, even if FWD. going to be transferred to next ES too?

ACuRa is selling an ILX which has been one of the worst new cars made since it debuted ten years ago and people buy it. It’s pretty clear their fans will just buy anything. So I assume this will do fine.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
ACuRa is selling an ILX which has been one of the worst new cars made since it debuted ten years ago and people buy it. It’s pretty clear their fans will just buy anything. So I assume this will do fine.

Have you sampled or driven an ILX, Mike? I looked at one before I got my Buick Verano in 2012, as it was (arguably) the Verano's closest competitor. I agree that the ILX was somewhat deficient in road manners (poor noise-isolation, for one thing)...but it appeared to be quite well-built/screwed together, using solid materials.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Have you sampled or driven an ILX, Mike? I looked at one before I got my Buick Verano in 2012, as it was (arguably) the Verano's closest competitor. I agree that the ILX was somewhat deficient in road manners (poor noise-isolation, for one thing)...but it appeared to be quite well-built/screwed together, using solid materials.

A 30 year old Corolla is built better, has more room and only lacks HIDs and a couple other things. It is an awful new car.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Here's a rendered look blending an official teaser image and a prototype spy pic, giving us a better idea of the overall look, proportions, size.

2022-acura-integra-rendering-reveal-png.222743

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Other than the ILX being outdated AF tech and engine wise (as an enthusiast, I love the K24) being built on last-gen Civic platform, I don't see much issues with it. It's got in my experience a pretty nice interior and undercuts the price of a base A3 while being almost fully loaded.

New Integra will be a huge step up I bet, though it's price will likely creep up to A3-price.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Other than the ILX being outdated AF tech and engine wise (as an enthusiast, I love the K24) being built on last-gen Civic platform, I don't see much issues with it. It's got in my experience a pretty nice interior and undercuts the price of a base A3 while being almost fully loaded.

New Integra will be a huge step up I bet, though it's price will likely creep up to A3-price.

It is built on the civic TWO generations ago. No more manual. It’s been awful since it debuted. Not at all A3 competition besides size. The A3 destroys this car all the way to the RS3.
Has it even been in one comparison in ten years?

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Forgot there's a new gen Civic now. Also the ILX ends price wise where the A3 starts lmao, so I'd expect the A3 is a better car tho that comes at a cost. ILX really hasn't been that bad of a car for a cheap premium compact. It's not like the TLX where it's overpriced and underperforms. It's pretty cheap and performs as it's priced imo.