2022 Acura Integra

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Regarding the CTR's price.. I'm sure Honda could've sold it for 40k but decided to upcharge cause they saw the ADM people were paying for FK8, that said it does use a lot of specialized parts and chassis components that are a lot more expensive to build at lower numbers, so that's defo a part of the reason for high costs.

I'd still take a Type R over a AWD CGR though Mike, I do like the track-focus as opposed to the CGRs rally focus, and pretty much everyone has said the CTR drives perfectly without even torque steering or feeling like a FWD car.

But yeah, the Integras pricing is wild and unacceptable.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
If Japanese manufactuers are good at anything they are good at creating trends and alternative following. What they did now is they carved up performance FWD small car market and they are banking. CTR was the one that made a breakthrough and everyone else just eased in cause margins were so good. I highly doubt those who want CTR or CGR want Supra, Z, BMW M240i, Mustang, etc. Why? Because it was always like that.

Remember back in a day when you could have had cheaper Mustang, Camaro, Firebird or more powerful Corvette for the same money but you opted for RX7/300ZX/3000GT/Supra instead? Yup, we were riding JDM bandwagon no matter what. C5 or C5 ZO6 did nothing for me, nada. Dodge Viper? Nada. Cobra SVT? Nada, altough I have a soft spot for Cobra R. E36 M3? Yeah that was a joke whenever some zergerman fanboy tried so hard to put M3 into the same line with twin turbo beasts from far east. Vast majority who went for NSX over 911 was because they've never even considered 911 in the first place, all they wanted was alternative. Some gals and dudes were rocking $70,000 ($140,000 todays money) Mitsubishi twin turbo hardtop convertible cause they could and they wanted.

Then came S2000, 350Z, Lancer EVO as the second wave of JDM and the story just repeated itself. Take a look at the current value of Lancer EVO VII/VIII and E46 M3 right now? Tell me who won that fight. Again those who wanted EVO back in the day really didn't think about buying E45 M3 at all. All they thought about was blasting them on the road. Oh and then there was that silly C55 AMG, fun little straight line pocket rocket that couldn't come close to neither M3 nor EVO.

Same story could be told with GT-R and 911. Although there were people who owned both, I know quite a few whos purchage of GT-R was their first ever purchase of $100,000+ car. GT-R was the true successor to NSX when it comes to flaghsip JDM alternative. We can even make a case for RC-F and LC500, it's a poke in the eye to all german vanilla six cylinder twin turbos out there. History repeats itself and it always will.

Manufacturers create hot circles in order to milk them as much as they can and Japanese manufacturers are great at creating cult following. What Acura wants to do here is to position Integra Type S as the king of the current trend small FWD performance cars and they want to milk it like there is no tomorrow. I wish them luck but be sure that some kid right now in his mid 20s will be telling this exact same story twenty lears later from now how he got Integra Type S instead of S3 sedan because he never took S3 into consideration in the first place.

JDM for life!

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Seeing this nonsense will probably cause Germans to bump their prices even higher for their desirable models.

mikeavelli

Reactions
If Japanese manufactuers are good at anything they are good at creating trends and alternative following. What they did now is they carved up performance FWD small car market and they are banking. CTR was the one that made a breakthrough and everyone else just eased in cause margins were so good. I highly doubt those who want CTR or CGR want Supra, Z, BMW M240i, Mustang, etc. Why? Because it was always like that.

Remember back in a day when you could have had cheaper Mustang, Camaro, Firebird or more powerful Corvette for the same money but you opted for RX7/300ZX/3000GT/Supra instead? Yup, we were riding JDM bandwagon no matter what. C5 or C5 ZO6 did nothing for me, nada. Dodge Viper? Nada. Cobra SVT? Nada, altough I have a soft spot for Cobra R. E36 M3? Yeah that was a joke whenever some zergerman fanboy tried so hard to put M3 into the same line with twin turbo beasts from far east. Vast majority who went for NSX over 911 was because they've never even considered 911 in the first place, all they wanted was alternative. Some gals and dudes were rocking $70,000 ($140,000 todays money) Mitsubishi twin turbo hardtop convertible cause they could and they wanted.

Then came S2000, 350Z, Lancer EVO as the second wave of JDM and the story just repeated itself. Take a look at the current value of Lancer EVO VII/VIII and E46 M3 right now? Tell me who won that fight. Again those who wanted EVO back in the day really didn't think about buying E45 M3 at all. All they thought about was blasting them on the road. Oh and then there was that silly C55 AMG, fun little straight line pocket rocket that couldn't come close to neither M3 nor EVO.

Same story could be told with GT-R and 911. Although there were people who owned both, I know quite a few whos purchage of GT-R was their first ever purchase of $100,000+ car. GT-R was the true successor to NSX when it comes to flaghsip JDM alternative. We can even make a case for RC-F and LC500, it's a poke in the eye to all german vanilla six cylinder twin turbos out there. History repeats itself and it always will.

Manufacturers create hot circles in order to milk them as much as they can and Japanese manufacturers are great at creating cult following. What Acura wants to do here is to position Integra Type S as the king of the current trend small FWD performance cars and they want to milk it like there is no tomorrow. I wish them luck but be sure that some kid right now in his mid 20s will be telling this exact same story twenty lears later from now how he got Integra Type S instead of S3 sedan because he never took S3 into consideration in the first place.

JDM for life!

With no mark up TTT OTD price is closer to 55k. We are talking $1000 a month for a fwd civic. That is not 20s people money. That is for a honda/acura fan with a ton of nostalgia that has done decent in life or doesn’t have kids in their 40s/50s.

What made the 1990s ITR cool wasn’t just everything about it but it seemed attainable when I was in my late teens. It was literally half the price, $25,000. Or $500 a month.

Also in the 1990s we didn’t have close to the cool or fast cars we have today. That helped make the ITR special then. It made the most power per liter. Another win. What we get in 2023 is meh as we have moved on. Everyone offers rwd or awd. Everyone has more power and luxury. Acura isn’t even that reliable anymore.

Finally what also made the ITR cool and different is it wasn’t styled like the rest of the Acura lineup ala NSX. It was different and a coupe/3 door we loved as we never got the 4 door here. Since today, Acura only has one other sedan and two crossovers they had to make the integra blend in with the lineup. Not very Integra.

This isn’t JDM life. it’s USDM life. This isn’t sold in Japan nor exported there. It’s built in Ohio, It’s for the American market and Canada. The ITR was the opposite. It was made for Japan and we got it here with slightly less power and without the 4 door.

With all that said, it is still awesome this came to the market as we sure can use all the sedans and manuals offered. Very rare this day and age.

Cliffs- This should be 40k the Civic Type R should be 35k and for 52k I need SH-AWD, luxury and features and not based off civic. A coupe would be great too.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Regarding the CTR's price.. I'm sure Honda could've sold it for 40k but decided to upcharge cause they saw the ADM people were paying for FK8, that said it does use a lot of specialized parts and chassis components that are a lot more expensive to build at lower numbers, so that's defo a part of the reason for high costs.

I'd still take a Type R over a AWD CGR though Mike, I do like the track-focus as opposed to the CGRs rally focus, and pretty much everyone has said the CTR drives perfectly without even torque steering or feeling like a FWD car.

But yeah, the Integras pricing is wild and unacceptable.

Oh I have no issues with taking a CTR over the GR Corolla. I see the reviews say it’s a better daily, it’s larger, better interior. The GR Corolla is basically a rally car for the road.

I feel the CTR price should have held at 35k, the Type S around 40k and this changes the conversation completely.

MichaelL

Follower
Reactions
I've seen a few of these in person recently and they look better than they do in pictures/video. I still think there should be a 2-door version for proper Integra-ness though.
Agree, if they offered a coupe and had a realistic price I would be interested. As it is now? Nope. I do drive a stick shift coupe, so it’s not just talk…..

Och

Admirer
Reactions
I saw a very well preserved first gen TSX on the road yesterday. The car was pristine, I gave the driver thumbs up.

The original TSX was de facto the 4 door Integra, or rather the 4 door RSX that debuted around the same time. While the RSX did not age well at all, the original TSX was very underappreciated back then, it is truly a timeless design inside and out.

Too bad it's drivetrain and suspension were lacking. The ride was very rough not refined at all, and the engine was very underwhelming.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I had one of those TSXs.
The quality was good. I think they were japan built?

The design still holds up.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I saw a very well preserved first gen TSX on the road yesterday. The car was pristine, I gave the driver thumbs up.

The original TSX was de facto the 4 door Integra, or rather the 4 door RSX that debuted around the same time. While the RSX did not age well at all, the original TSX was very underappreciated back then, it is truly a timeless design inside and out.

Too bad it's drivetrain and suspension were lacking. The ride was very rough not refined at all, and the engine was very underwhelming.

Technically it was a Euro Accord rebadged here as an Acura TSX. First gen was well received. Sold I think 30-40k a year. I remember thinking it was well put together and the interior flowed well.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Technically it was a Euro Accord rebadged here as an Acura TSX. First gen was well received. Sold I think 30-40k a year. I remember thinking it was well put together and the interior flowed well.

It still looks cleaner than the new Integra, and far more premium than the ILX.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Some people poked fun at Honda for spending too much time tuning the suspension of the Euro Accord/1st gen TSX on German roads as the reason for its crap ride quality, but even then a Mazda 6 from that era still handles better. I'm not sure about the US side, but in Europe they got roasted for claiming this Euro Accord is a 3 series competitor 🤣.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Some people poked fun at Honda for spending too much time tuning the suspension of the Euro Accord/1st gen TSX on German roads as the reason for its crap ride quality, but even then a Mazda 6 from that era still handles better. I'm not sure about the US side, but in Europe they got roasted for claiming this Euro Accord is a 3 series competitor 🤣.

Yeah Honda Europe is a disaster. Like .2% of sales they have. Toyota faaaaarrrr outsells it. Obviously no Acura there. No one likes their cars much there.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Yeah Honda Europe is a disaster. Like .2% of sales they have. Toyota faaaaarrrr outsells it. Obviously no Acura there. No one likes their cars much there.
Honda Europe is like: Pls buy our hybrids, we are on the brink of dying

While Toyota Europe is like: So many customers that it's starting to get overwhelming

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Now watch some dumbass actually pay that price lol 😂

Is it just me or have things become rather quiet ever since the Type S' MSRP have been revealed? Willing to bet its price tag, let alone the dealership markups is more than enough to greatly reduce consumers' interest in it.