2022 Acura Integra

mikeavelli

Reactions
Acura can now brag about having more Type-S than Lexus has FSP.

Yeah bragging on the slowest performance cars around. That is a huge part of the issue. Acura advertises these cars as world beaters, puts giant exhausts and aero and they make less power and much less torque than a RX 500h of all things lol. I much prefer Lexus quieter approach to performance.

As for the car itself, looks like a widebody hellcat with 400 less hp and the wrong wheels turning. Handsome, appeals to the 12 year old in me and that’s it.

But this day and age of crossovers it’s nice it’s here for its fans. :)

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Yeah bragging on the slowest performance cars around. That is a huge part of the issue.
I mean, you can say the same about the RX500h FSP and Lexus actually expects over 40% of the sales to be conquest from Germans. That's a very bold statement.

I don't see the RX500h having any chance of winning sales from a X5 M50i or GLE 53AMG. Not with a 6s 0-100 time.

We all wish the next FSP will be more IS500 than RX500h in execution.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I mean, you can say the same about the RX500h FSP and Lexus actually expects over 40% of the sales to be conquest from Germans. That's a very bold statement.

I don't see the RX500h having any chance of winning sales from a X5 M50i or GLE 53AMG. Not with a 6s 0-100 time.

We all wish the next FSP will be more IS500 than RX500h in execution.

You completely changed the argument. That has nothing to do with the above topic. That’s simply a small note they stated during the press launch. It hasn’t been repeated. They are not advertising the RX500h drifting and racing those German cars and saying OMFG F SPORT PERFORMANCE WE THE BEST. Then you would have a point.

That is what Acura does. It is ridiculous advertising and marketing.

Bottom line they should be humble because 320hp and 355hp is less than Kia’s and Hyundais today.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
I think they designed this car as Type-S first and then deducted from it. Everything on Type-S looks right while on vanilla spec it all looks wrong.
Don't know if how many would agree, but this is also how I feel about the C8 Corvette, like it's meant to look like the Z06 from the start but they had to throw away widebody to really differentiate the regular C8 from Z06, which to me really screwed up the proportions of the regular C8, while the regular C6 and C7 gen Corvettes still look fine even without the widebody IMO.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Anything widbody looks better. It fixed the Challenger and Charger with the Hellcat. It definitely fixed the looks of the Integra.

So weird, the Civic is made in Ohio. They ship the parts to Japan to be assembled there for the Civic Type R. But the Integra Type S will be made in Ohio,

Reactions
giphy.gif

Reactions
Pricing is out.

$51,995 USD

$55,600 CAD

With this I'd wager that Acura is going to do much better with buyers in the CDM but even then Canadian Civics have a lot more basic creature comforts than American Civics do, so I'm not sure if Canadians will make the jump either.

In the US market, the monstrous BMW M240i xDrive is only $100 more expensive. Let that sink in. Acura has pigeonholed themselves and unless they cut the MSRP by 4-5k then it's safe to say this is a huge pricing fail.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Pricing and this entire Civic milking is ridiculous for a fwd car.

I read this on FB and it really had me thinking The person wrote something to the effect “an all new platform and engine and much more luxurious with way more features and larger Mazda Cx90 starts at 40k, is 48k for a plug in and 53k for the I-6. Why on earth is a fwd civic missing a sunroof, rear vents, made in Ohio so expensive”.

Seriously why? It’s a Civic. They will offer carbon accessories. We are taking their own TLX Type S money or IS 500 money for a fwd civic.

Acura has positioned themselves in no man’s land. Yes some die hards will absolutely buy it. That’s all,

mikeavelli

Reactions
What’s wild is my GS 400 back in 2001 was under 50k. It’s crazy to think 20 years later, 50k gets me a fwd Civic. A RSX Type S was about 25-30k I think.

U know what’s crazy. A Mustang Ecoboost on premium makes 330hp and is 30k. A 2024 Mustang GT is like 43k. A Z starts at 40k

This is not some all new engine. It’s not make in Japan. It doesn’t gain SH-AWD.

What am I missing?

Och

Admirer
Reactions
I just don't see people lining up to buy these at $52k, no way no how, especially with the coming recession. My 2018 M2 was around 55k if I recall correct.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Its a big, widebody car with vents and fins and center exhausts starting at $50k. Dont underestimate how shallow the average consumer really is.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I just don't see people lining up to buy these at $52k, no way no how, especially with the coming recession. My 2018 M2 was around 55k if I recall correct.
Its a big, widebody car with vents and fins and center exhausts starting at $50k. Dont underestimate how shallow the average consumer really is.

Look I know completely different cars but a 485hp V-8 Scatpack is 49k. The widebody is 55k. This is a much larger car.

So again can someone explain why does the Civic and Integra cost so much? These cars should top out at 39k as a Type R/S. If you actually option out a Type-R, it’s 52k. To make things more confusing the Integra is built in Ohio. The Type R parts are shipped to Japan. Why?

An AWD Core Corolla is under 40k and the Circuit is cheaper than the Type-R WITH AWD, The 200 unit Morizo is an anomaly (and going for a crazy 100k now).

It just feels like Honda knows Honda fans will buy anything at this point,

mikeavelli

Reactions
Let’s look at the Prius Prime. You are getting one of the most technologically impressive cars on the market with more power and speed than an Integra A Spec. For basically the same price. The Prius has more features. It can drive as an EV.

Why does the Integra cost so much even as an A spec?

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Came here right after I saw the Type S pricing on C&D, my god this price tag is ridiculous, USD 52k for something that is most likely has slightly lower overall performance than the CTR that it is based on. They really are going all in with the scummy tactics to exploit their diehard fanboys.