2021 Toyota Venza (Global Harrier)

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Tried the configurator. The Limited interior is so luxurious! It will mop the floor with competitors when it comes to China.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
You can imagine my surprise pulling into my neighborhood and seeing this parked in front of me. Damn, a Venza!

Circled behind it and it has a Texas Manufacturer plate, so, that made more sense.

Quick impressions: it looks a lot like the NX in person: the shape of the greenhouse and roofline are very similar, and it has the “shoulders” Lexus introduced on the 3IS and 1NX that run the belt line. The back is very tight and sporty - very good looking. The front looks nice and person and quite a bit like a modified Lexus spindle. Overall, it has a very different presence from the RAV4 and looks somehow bigger... maybe it’s the lower, sleek profile and the strong line down the side of the car.

This was a Limited model and from the side of the car, you can tell the tablet on the dash is HUGE.

Overall, very nice. Makes me excited for the next NX because in person, visually, they are quite similar.

Reactions
You can imagine my surprise pulling into my neighborhood and seeing this parked in front of me. Damn, a Venza!

Circled behind it and it has a Texas Manufacturer plate, so, that made more sense.

Quick impressions: it looks a lot like the NX in person: the shape of the greenhouse and roofline are very similar, and it has the “shoulders” Lexus introduced on the 3IS and 1NX that run the belt line. The back is very tight and sporty - very good looking. The front looks nice and person and quite a bit like a modified Lexus spindle. Overall, it has a very different presence from the RAV4 and looks somehow bigger... maybe it’s the lower, sleek profile and the strong line down the side of the car.

This was a Limited model and from the side of the car, you can tell the tablet on the dash is HUGE.

Overall, very nice. Makes me excited for the next NX because in person, visually, they are quite similar.
View attachment 4234
View attachment 4235
That's the same one Joe Raiti drove...part of the Toyota press fleet in the southeast. (plate # matches)

Reactions
A friend of mine was shopping for a super last year. Longo Toyota was offering $2000 discount on a 3.0 premium, while Wondries Toyota was asking for 15K mark up. We had a laugh and walked away while the sales person was trying to get us to stay.
Funny you mentioned, I took a walk by Wondries Toyota about a week ago at night, I took a peek at the Monroney, every one of their cars on the lot had an ADM of at least $10K...even their sister Kia dealer down the street had an adjustment as well. Another funny thing is that I parked on the street right by their dealer and not even on their lot, there was a salesperson who was already asking if I wanted to look a car.

Reactions
Why there's no dislike button here
You can always just kill it
tenor.gif

nt01

Fan
Reactions
Funny you mentioned, I took a walk by Wondries Toyota about a week ago at night, I took a peek at the Monroney, every one of their cars on the lot had an ADM of at least $10K...even their sister Kia dealer down the street had an adjustment as well. Another funny thing is that I parked on the street right by their dealer and not even on their lot, there was a salesperson who was already asking if I wanted to look a car.
I just never understand the reason for mark up on mass produced vehicle. It also explains why almost every single Toyota I see in that area has Longo Toyota license plate frame.

Reactions
I just never understand the reason for mark up on mass produced vehicle. It also explains why almost every single Toyota I see in that area has Longo Toyota license plate frame.
Longo has a straight up reputation that they don't do ADM (They do put accessories on some cars of course), and most people buying Toyotas will go to them first, though it doesn't always mean that they will be cheapest place to buy one (LA is Toyota's most competitive sales region). Its not a secret that Longo is the company's model dealership so they have to make sure their practices are legit.

Last edited:

nt01

Fan
Reactions
Longo has a straight up reputation that they don't do ADM (They do put accessories on some cars of course), and most people buying Toyotas will go to them first, though it doesn't always mean that they will be cheapest place to buy one (LA is Toyota's most competitive sales region). Its not a secret that Longo is the company's model dealership so they have to make sure their practices are legit.
That explains why they have such large inventory, I was surprised when the sales person took us to the multilevel parking structure behind the dealership building. It’s overfilled with new car, they had like 20 supra at the time when another dealer had 5 top. I will definitely be checking out the Lexus dealership next door when the IS500 arrive.

Reactions
That explains why they have such large inventory, I was surprised when the sales person took us to the multilevel parking structure behind the dealership building. It’s overfilled with new car, they had like 20 supra at the time when another dealer had 5 top. I will definitely be checking out the Lexus dealership next door when the IS500 arrive.
Yes, Longo usually gets the best allocation out of vehicles of any dealer on the West Coast. Same goes for the Lexus store next door, though like any car purchase, I would always shop around.