2021 Toyota Venza (Global Harrier)

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Don't like how the Chinese media are hyping it to be 'RX at half the price' because of the original Harrier-RX duo. The Harrier has not been Toyota-badge RX since the last generation. The new Harrier/Venza is more related to NX.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Don't like how the Chinese media are hyping it to be 'RX at half the price' because of the original Harrier-RX duo. The Harrier has not been Toyota-badge RX since the last generation. The new Harrier/Venza is more related to NX.
Agree, you must give credits to the marketing staff though!

larryren

Follower
Reactions
Agree, you must give credits to the marketing staff though!
In fact, FAW-Toyota Harrier is start promotional warm-up this weekend. It have a pre-prodution demo car will giving Guangzhou's few dealerships for tour-show next week. Dealership's words of commodity publicity is so fun.
Such as 'Porsche Cayenne like tail light' 'Lexus RX like side design' etc. 😅

Will1991

Reactions
An expected addition to the Venza range:

image.png

PHEV variant.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
So is this same PHEV will be in NX/RAV4 & Venza
Honestly Venza if had agility, it can sell well in Europe

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
At the Venza launch, I remember Toyota USA firmly saying there would be no Venza Prime. That makes me wonder if things have changed, or if it just won't be for the US market.
I think the normal hybrid is becoming like ICE normal
And the PHEV is the new hybrid

Maybe even Corolla/ CH-R and Corolla cross will get it

Will1991

Reactions
Well, Toyota Motor Europe talked about a new E3 platform (emotion, engagement and energy)

Sources:

So it would be pretty easy to have PHEV/BEV from the beginning in the next generation GA-C models.

With better results than the UX300e, I hope...

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
It would a missed opportunity to disallow a venza prime. But as usual its going down to battery production capacity.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Well, Toyota Motor Europe talked about a new E3 platform (emotion, engagement and energy)

Sources:

So it would be pretty easy to have PHEV/BEV from the beginning in the next generation GA-C models.

With better results than the UX300e, I hope...
With modular platforms, it should not be difficult to mix-and-match between platforms, like the ICE front end of the TNGA-C with the middle and rear components of the e-TNGA.

Didn't Toyota recently say that the next-generation Prius would be built on this new platform?