2021 Toyota Sienna

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
You can tell how much they want people to forget it's a minivan when they show it towing stuff offroad. The design is like a lowered full-size SUV too.

A very good exterior design. Looks really sharp!

Now people can finally understand why the Highlander is the size it is...this will do well for Toyota

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Its a great upgrade for sure. The interior could have used a bigger screen, but still families who can get over the stigma of buying a minivan will appreciate it and buy this thing in droves

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
I prefer the look of the Sienna over the Venza. The XSE is especially sharp. The “tablets” stuck to the top of the dash isn’t really my thing but I could probably live with it. Now I am just patiently awaiting the Tundra debut.

Last edited:

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
For this shopper, MPG probably makes more sense. But where I worry is adults + 2-3 kids + gear + suitcases, etc. 245hp hybrid 4 cylinder will become very slow very quickly when used like minivans are.

That teaser pic looks cool though!

And as GM showed with the weird I-5 in the H3, if an engine doesn't have the torque to move the car, you're not actually saving fuel.

Reactions
And as GM showed with the weird I-5 in the H3, if an engine doesn't have the torque to move the car, you're not actually saving fuel.

Exactly. The V6 is necessary for the Sienna and I will go as far as saying that a good, silky, creamy, buttery-smooth V6 is the Sienna's signature dish. It's what defines the car. The immediacy in power and the healthy torque figures from the 3.5L V6 is something that is impossible to replace.

mikeavelli

Reactions
The Venza could be any CUV from any brand. Yawn. The Sienna is outstanding and I like just about everything about it. The only thing is it seems the 2nd row can't be removed (not sure if it folds in the floor). The Platinum has a vaccum AND cool box. The cool box in the LX 570 is a life saver.

I don't need a fast van. I would prefer one with more MPG. 33MPG in a van is just amazing. I have a lot of love for the Sienna and vans. I am one of the co-founders of Vankulture. Here is a production we did a couple of years ago.....

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
I wonder what this means for longevity experts who will not drive anything but a Natural aspirated motor...time to switch brands or adapt?

Will1991

Reactions
It almost seems Toyota is solving their cars design by Lexing-it-up:
Current Corolla and CT concept
Mirai interior and the LF-1 concept
Camry and the ES
Venza/Harrier and the NX (side profile)
Sienna and the spindle grill

They are not the same but It’s almost all of the best sellers...

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
It almost seems Toyota is solving their cars design by Lexing-it-up:
Current Corolla and CT concept
Mirai interior and the LF-1 concept
Camry and the ES
Venza/Harrier and the NX (side profile)
Sienna and the spindle grill

They are not the same but It’s almost all of the best sellers...

I want to hope this means that Lexus product and design is about to make a huge leap forward, but I am trying to temper my expectations for such a revolution. Toyota product is just so good right now that it's hard to determine if they're going to say, "Oh, for Lexus, let's just add a bigger screen and some wood trim, and that's good enough" or if they will completely upgrade what Lexus means. 2NX and 5RX will be very telling for what to expect going forward.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
@Gecko , if you remember I wrote about that exact same point, and how the 2 brands must live together, and how it was bad in the previous 2 decades to kill Toyota for Lexus

the solution was based on the TNGA

Which for which, and part from my humble solution is to make the GA-N profitable by turning the next generations NX & RX on it, and in the same time give the current NX & RX recipe to a brand new Toyota's

So then not only Toyota as a corp got 2 profitable architecture instead of 1, but also it will give the freedom to Toyota & Lexus as brands to up their games