2018 LS Master Thread (Debuts 1/9/17 8:30am -2017 NAIAS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Audi in the time slot immediately before Lexus. Wonder if they'll have anything interesting.
From what I've read, Q8 will be their big unveiling. Not sure if as an actual production vehicle or as a concept that closely predicts an upcoming production version. What, exactly, is Q8? Again, from what I've read, picture a Q7 4-door "SUV coupe", with only 2-row seating, and styling cues (such as C-pillar styling and squared-off fender flares) from the original "Ur-Quattro".

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Any word if the Lexus USA Newsroom plans to Livestrteam the 5LS unveiling? Its Toyota USA Newsroom counterpart has already set up the Livestream screen for the 8th-gen (2018) Camry reveal ( http://toyotanews.pressroom.toyota.com/# ) which will take place at 12:30 PM Eastern time, but nothing yet from the Lexus side on the LS.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
Motor1 Exclusive Rendering. Thoughts? My thoughts? This with the LC style grill = win!

15874783_877865712316563_3110944529729238191_o.jpg

Alshamsi

Fan
Reactions
Motor1 Exclusive Rendering. Thoughts? My thoughts? This with the LC style grill = win!

I was just about to post it and you beat me to it XD
This is the best render that i have seen so far, too bad they put these wheels instead of the ones shown in he teaser :/

Madi

Fan
Reactions

This rendering is terrible !! It's just ES grill with LX fog lights photoshoped to LF-FC concept.

Lexus-LS-teaser.jpg

First the grill doesn't attached to the hood

Second the grill and fog lights doesn't look like this

Third this profile doesn't match the spy photos totally

I think best car's rendering is more close to reality

Anyway, less than 23 hours left :D

Last edited:

RichieRich

Founding Member
Reactions
This rendering is terrible !! It's just ES grill with LX fog lights photoshoped to LF-FC concept.

Lexus-LS-teaser.jpg

I agree with 1,2,3 & 5. :) Less then 15 hours to Go Now :) :) :)

D

DDas

Lexus-LS-teaser.jpg

I agree with you 100%. I was looking at the Best Car's rendering, and a lot of details match the teaser and spy shots. Now, the shape of the grille is a little off, but even the little strip of chrome under the fog light area is the same as the teaser. I hope it looks similar to that, and 14 hours!

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Whoever commissioned that rendering should be slapped silly. Not that I wanted to comment too much on that, but it is NOT correct. Italian sources are extremely lazy and worst in regards to rendering Lexus products.

Here is an interesting photo from the floor today, exactly 11 years to the day of Sunday, January 8, 2006 when the current LS made its debut. I will really be disappointed if Toyoda doesn't present it.

IMG_4462.JPG

mikeavelli

Reactions
Whoever commissioned that rendering should be slapped silly. Not that I wanted to comment too much on that, but it is NOT correct. Italian sources are extremely lazy and worst in regards to rendering Lexus products.

Here is an interesting photo from the floor today, exactly 11 years to the day of Sunday, January 8, 2006 when the current LS made its debut. I will really be disappointed if Toyoda doesn't present it.

View attachment 2034

Its going to be a big BIG week for Lexus...we can't go into more until later in the week..... I do expect Toyoda-San to present the LS.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Its going to be a big BIG week for Lexus...we can't go into more until later in the week..... I do expect Toyoda-San to present the LS.

Yes, they've done a great job with it. I cannot wait to see the petrol versions, which will be the bulk of global consumption. I probably really need to go to bed at this point though and will be back in several hours.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Sorry what was interesting about this picture? Is it the black vehicle that is covered by the people? Or the car covered in the cloth?
I think his point is its just a coincidence the same date the last LS dropped is almost the same day for the new one.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions

View attachment 2034

I wonder how much shame Toyoda himself, and Toyota employees internally feel about taking 11 years to debut a new LS generation.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Less than 12 hours from the unveil! How will it look? V6 Turbo or V8? Or both options? Inside like the LC or more luxury like the S Class? All questions that will be answered soon! Can't wait for the pictures tomorrow and can't wait till I see it in person next weekend at my first auto show! 25th year anniversary blow us away Lexus!! LSF tmr too?!?!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Any word if the Lexus USA Newsroom plans to Livestrteam the 5LS unveiling? Its Toyota USA Newsroom counterpart has already set up the Livestream screen for the 8th-gen (2018) Camry reveal ( http://toyotanews.pressroom.toyota.com/# ) which will take place at 12:30 PM Eastern time, but nothing yet from the Lexus side on the LS.

There's no livestream of the LS reveal, but a video will be published directly after. Not sure about the reasoning, but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.