2016 Lexus RX Now Arriving at USA Dealerships

abraxas

Fan
Reactions
Checked one out in San Antonio, have not test driven one yet. I thought I would hate the new exterior styling. I like it albeit a bit bold for many tastes. I like utility improvements like the little cave in the console front, trim, etc. What I don't like is the firm seats which don't have the comfort of my 2013 RX350. Also, I thought the rear foot room was supposed to be increased? Seems very confining to me. Cargo areas appears to be enlarged a bit. Being that we have a year left on warranty and this is a new release (which always has some bugs) I think we'll wait a while.

And why do they always have to pack the 350's with an expensive towing prep package? Sheesh..... If I want to tow I'll use my pickup as will many folks. I have yet to see a 350 towing anything and where I live (hill country of Texas) the 350 is one of the most common cars on the road, a dime a dozen, and most are white. I sometimes go to the wrong car in a parking lot LOL.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
View attachment 982 Busy Lexus dealership in East Bay on Saturday when I went to see my SA. I only saw 1 new RX still available...

Ah, yes, the Matador Red.........traditionally, Lexus's classic Look-at-me color. They also did a bright Solar Yellow on the IS300 I owned....but that only stuck around a year or two. The Matador Red had (and still has) a lasting market.

abraxas

Fan
Reactions
I think I like the burgundy red better, to the right and behind that one. Matador Red has quite a bit of orange in it.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I think I like the burgundy red better, to the right and behind that one. Matador Red has quite a bit of orange in it.

That's my point. The Matador Red isn't meant to be conservative. It's one of the very few Lexus SUV colors that is intended to stand out.

mikeavelli

Reactions
In base trim with smaller wheels, the proportions don't work. With the optional 20" wheels and F-Sport package, it is quite stunning. I can't wait to slap some 22s on it :D

abraxas

Fan
Reactions
On the average if you were to take a % times the MSRP to come up with a reasonable offer, would % would you use? Usually I use 86-92%XMSRP on most cars or trucks and consider hold backs and other incentives provided to dealers.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Yesterday evening I was driving on the 110 south right through the heart of down town Los Angeles and saw a brand new white 2016 RX and it looked awesome.

Last Friday went to LAX to pickup my girl's cousin and low and behold I saw an ultra sonic blue GS F with the 27202 CA license plates...

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
At dealer Saturday, here's one on 20's: (oops, picture taken with 6S "too large", will try later)

Last edited:

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Did you get a test-drive yet?

No, not yet. At this point not worth the bother of doing superficial regular "test drive". I can probably get one later as a loaner for a full day at my next service appointment in a few months.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I saw quite a few at Lexus of Tampa Saturday and it's really good looking. There is a rather large front overhang which will take some getting used to.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Only two little things I've seen so far that are a little confusing. They're actually back to the popup door locks? That seems a little bit less than luxury to me, hah. And under the wrist rest for the nav screen, there's now a slick little phone holder... only it barely holds an iPhone 5, so iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy, etc, are definitely not going to be used there.

I liked the pop-up door locks, but have to admit they're a little nerdy. The little phone holder didn't make much sense to me either, but it would be a good spot for all my gas station loyalty cards. :D

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I liked the pop-up door locks, but have to admit they're a little nerdy. The little phone holder didn't make much sense to me either, but it would be a good spot for all my gas station loyalty cards. :D

Speaking of door locks, did you notice the massive size of the exterior door handles? (something I noticed, but forgot to mention in my recent RX review) Bigfoot could grab them and still have room for his knuckles LOL. :D

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Speaking of door locks, did you notice the massive size of the exterior door handles? (something I noticed, but forgot to mention in my recent RX review) Bigfoot could grab them and still have room for his knuckles LOL. :D

That door handle style, is considered to be a safety plus per Mercedes.

abraxas

Fan
Reactions
I hope they downsized the outside mirrors. They are huge on our 2013. Also, the glove box design seems the same, a poor design. When the door drops stuff seems to fall down, get misplaced.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Except for small detail-differences like the RX's floating-roof and added indentations under the headlights, it's generally difficult to tell the new RX and NX apart...the main key is the RX's greater width.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Except for small detail-differences like the RX's floating-roof and added indentations under the headlights, it's generally difficult to tell the new RX and NX apart...the main key is the RX's greater width.

Maybe for you and some others. For me they are very different and next to one another it was pretty apparent. The front end obviously looks the most similar. I think Lexus more than any other brand has done an amazing job blending its trademark styling cues on different models without them all looking the same but in different lengths.