2016 Lexus RX Now Arriving at USA Dealerships

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Nah, I'm sure you're fine, otherwise you'd have a much larger car than a Verano :D

If someone else was driving, I couldn't fit comfortably into the back seat of my own car. Fortunately, I never HAVE to. ;)

I like it for other reasons, though...to an extent, it offers big-car refinement and quietness in a compact. And it is quite well-built, especially by the crappy Buick standards of the past. It's not really an American Buick per se, but a rebadged German-designed Opel Astra with a GM drivetrain and Buick sound-insulation.

Getting back to Lexus, on that shot of the back of the NX filled up with peat-bags, is that your personal vehicle, or did you pull that image out of Google and post it? With the dark red leather seats, that appears to be an F-Sport model.

If you did those graphics and arrows (and I see your name on one of the shots).....nice job. :);)

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
If someone else was driving, I couldn't fit comfortably into the back seat of my own car. Fortunately, I never HAVE to. ;)

I like it for other reasons, though...to an extent, it offers big-car refinement and quietness in a compact. And it is quite well-built, especially by the crappy Buick standards of the past. It's not really an American Buick per se, but a rebadged German-designed Opel Astra with a GM drivetrain and Buick sound-insulation.

Getting back to Lexus, on that shot of the back of the NX filled up with peat-bags, is that your personal vehicle, or did you pull that image out of Google and post it? With the dark red leather seats, that appears to be an F-Sport model.

If you did those graphics and arrows (and I see your name on one of the shots).....nice job. :);)

Yep, that's my NX and you can see my USB IS' front end in one of the pics too.

abraxas

Fan
Reactions
We were watching a 2016 RX350 commercial on TV the other night. Wife made a spot on statement about its looks as the gaudy grill showed it's ugly face - "It looks angry".

Bingo! ;)

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
^ Good observation. "Angry" grills with piercing menacing headlights and/or DRL's on fronts of cars in 2016 seems to be a common theme. Examples are everywhere, most people don't want a whimpy-looking front end, like a Nissan Leaf for example.

abraxas

Fan
Reactions
^ Good observation. "Angry" grills with piercing menacing headlights and/or DRL's on fronts of cars in 2016 seems to be a common theme. Examples are everywhere, ...

A thousand flies on a pile of chit can't be wrong. :D

The fate of the western world doesn't depend on our feelings or choices but we'll not be buying another Lexus with that stupid looking grill.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Examples are everywhere, most people don't want a whimpy-looking front end, like a Nissan Leaf for example.

Leaf? Wimpy front end for a wimpy car LOL. :D

(j/k)

Seriously, though, there are those, of course, who like small electrics, and whose driving-needs fits their generally short ranges and need for frequent recharges. ;)

"Angry" grills with piercing menacing headlights and/or DRL's on fronts of cars in 2016 seems to be a common theme.

One thing that has made it possible for the stylists today to come up with so many different looks to the front end (including the so-called "piercing" or angry" look) is the increasing power and efficiency of today's light-bulbs and lighting systems. Because bulbs can put out the same amount of light (or more) in smaller bulbs today than in the past (and motor-vehicle laws now allow the use of more different systems), there is much more flexibility in where, how, and in what size/shape they can be styled and mounted on the hood, grille, or front fender.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
One thing that has made it possible for the stylists today to come up with so many different looks to the front end (including the so-called "piercing" or angry" look) is the increasing power and efficiency of today's light-bulbs and lighting systems. Because bulbs can put out the same amount of light (or more) in smaller bulbs today than in the past (and motor-vehicle laws now allow the use of more different systems), there is much more flexibility in where, how, and in what size/shape they can be styled and mounted on the hood, grille, or front fender.

Very true, the new LED lighting technology opens up all kinds of opportunities (including enhancing an aggressive front end on the latest cars and SUVs today) for the automotive stylists today.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Yeah, us opportunist's want to know - are LED's angry or embracing? :rolleyes:

From a practical and objective standpoint, probably neither.....many simply look upon vehicles as appliances or transportation objects. But others (and that includes much of the auto press and those in forums like this) often compare auto styling to works of art.....or at least artistic expression.