2016 Lexus RX 350 & RX 450h Preview from Lexus Enthusiast

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
This is changing though... at least in my area. Youth spend their money differently and are in better higher paying jobs straight out of college. I'm in my mid 20's and am very excited about purchasing a 2016 450h AWD in a few weeks.
Exactly, around here many educated young professionals (mid 20's to 30's) make 6 digit annual salaries, not to mention other compensation via equity.

That's an important point though; in your local areas, which are not representative of North America overall. The overall trend in North America is that plenty of young people are struggling financially.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
That's an important point though; in your local areas, which are not representative of North America overall. The overall trend in North America is that plenty of young people are struggling financially.

Yes agreed, and plenty of middle aged to older aged people in North America are struggling financially too. Good education and skills at any age go a long ways in the US and other developed countries, although I'm not sure why any of this (including stereotyping in the earlier posts) got into this new RX preview thread.

Last edited:

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Yes, back on topic. I seriously like the new RX a lot. The RX was previously never my first choice for a Lexus model, but now with this new generation, it's right up there in terms of one of the most desirable models for me. I don't even need the space or utility, but I simply want the new RX.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Yes, back on topic. I seriously like the new RX a lot. The RX was previously never my first choice for a Lexus model, but now with this new generation, it's right up there in terms of one of the most desirable models for me. I don't even need the space or utility, but I simply want the new RX.

Since you are in Canada, is it because of the climate? You need something with a high-stance and AWD?

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Since you are in Canada, is it because of the climate? You need something with a high-stance and AWD?

No, you misunderstood my post completely lol.
What I meant was, I don't need the capability, size, space, or utility of the RX. I don't really need anything that the RX offers. I simply want one because the styling to me is amazing, and the interior looks gorgeous as well as really high quality.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
No, you misunderstood my post completely lol.
What I meant was, I don't need the capability, size, space, or utility of the RX. I don't really need anything that the RX offers. I simply want one because the styling to me is amazing, and the interior looks gorgeous as well as really high quality.

OK, I see......the age-old conflict between wants and needs. But, IMO, given where you live, the question about climate and needs was probably a legitimate one.

I'll hold any further comments on my own opinion of it until I do my review.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
OK, I see......the age-old conflict between wants and needs. But, IMO, given where you live, the question about climate and needs was probably a legitimate one.

I'll hold any further comments on my own opinion of it until I do my review.

IMHO, proper snow tires, and careful driving are more important than the vehicle being driven in tough climate conditions. It also depends on one's definition and idea of need :).

Reactions
I am picking up my new RX F Sport next week, I am thrilled with the new body style! The new body is edgy and modern, unlike the old jellybean shape....I don't understand the haters of this new style, I never liked the RX until now, looking forward to my new white RX !

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I am picking up my new RX F Sport next week, I am thrilled with the new body style! The new body is edgy and modern, unlike the old jellybean shape....I don't understand the haters of this new style, I never liked the RX until now, looking forward to my new white RX !

Completely agree -- never cared for the RX until this new design. Congrats on the new ride!

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
Somehow I don't really like the look of the current RX. I test drove a regular once since they don't have the F-sport and while the ride is sweet, the design of the Navi turned me off as well as the exterior look. Maybe the F-sport will make things differently.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Completely agree -- never cared for the RX until this new design. Congrats on the new ride!

Agreed, therefore I've owned several other mid-sized SUV's including Mercedes, Jeep, Toyota, etc.