1st Generation Lexus RC 300, 350, F and Track Edition Megathread

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
RCF vs A91 Supra battle. This is a second Lexus representing as they had ISF vs E92 M3 on before. David Yansens is the same guy who was driving the RCF vs GT350R in the video I posted above. Awesome driver

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
My RCF with my 2019 IS350 F-Sport. A good size comparison. RCF is surprisingly small in real life. It looks a lot smaller than my IS350, but because of the wide rear axle, big wheels, big brakes, big tires and long hood, RCF actually "drives" bigger than my IS350 F-Sport.

1683144732389.png

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Why ruin the review with that clueless passenger?

Was so much better with the original person.

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
This guy ran a 12.2 seconds @ 116 mph in an RCF with only full exhaust

This is my video from last summer. I have more mods. Intake (only for noise), full exhaust and ECU race tune (pump gas Octane 94), but I am hampered by thin air up at altitude (4000 feet density altitude in the summer) just like in my 60 - 130 mph videos so getting 60 foot down is nearly impossible. My best run was a 4.2 seconds 0-60 mph and 12.58 seconds @ 116 mph at 4000 feet DA. That was a rather mediocre 2.09 second 60 foot.

To make it comparable to magazine numbers, Brooks' DragTimes.com sites correction for density altitude puts it at 11.9 seconds - 12.0 seconds @ 120 mph. I will be doing the crank pulley mod later on in the summer and re-do the run. Should be able to shave off 0.2 - 0.3 seconds in the 1/4 mile.

mikeavelli

Reactions
KREW I'm really excited for this one. I think it's going to really nail the handling bit that some reviews complain about, add a coolness factor and have some surprising hardware. What is fantastic is to also see the progress the Lexus Racing USA team is making and the RC F GT3 being raced overseas. With wins in SuperGT and Toyota in Lemans this is some great momentum!

We are currently first in GTD Pro in the RC F GT3!

mikeavelli

Reactions
I know the SUVs are getting all the attention but this is just a wonderful rare thing. It’s special. 1 of 50 so you simply won’t see it. Imagine being rarer than a LFA lol…. I’m not sure if I have ever seen a track edition in the wild not a corporate car… I know it’s not perfect but if you a Lexus fan this should move you….

Taking it to the mountains tomorrow with a local Porsche group….

IMG_9924.jpeg

Reactions
I know the SUVs are getting all the attention but this is just a wonderful rare thing. It’s special. 1 of 50 so you simply won’t see it. Imagine being rarer than a LFA lol…. I’m not sure if I have ever seen a track edition in the wild not a corporate car… I know it’s not perfect but if you a Lexus fan this should move you….

Taking it to the mountains tomorrow with a local Porsche group….

View attachment 7625
I got to ride in this same version with Scott Pruett on a hot lap at the Indianapolis 500 Lexus Performance Driving School last weekend, and it was exhilarating to see the full potential of this car. I have a 2022 RC-F, and the experience just made me love my car even more.

I hope you have an awesome time driving it.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
I got to ride in this same version with Scott Pruett on a hot lap at the Indianapolis 500 Lexus Performance Driving School last weekend, and it was exhilarating to see the full potential of this car. I have a 2022 RC-F, and the experience just made me love my car even more.

I hope you have an awesome time driving it.

Awesome! Glad you got to experience the LPDS. Scott is absolutely amazing and his driving skills are simply uncanny and legendary. Been fortune to know him for over a decade now i including laps in the LFA. Always a pleasure to talk to!

mikeavelli

Reactions
Mountain run with a local Porsche crew I hang with sometimes. Not sure what it was but this felt better handling than any previous version i’ve driven. Maybe i’m just used to it now. I didn’t see any suspension changes in 23. 24 the shocks are different. The carbon ceramics are just anchors, I absolutely love them. Wish I could put on the LC. More room for the kid inside and for me. I feel this car needs Cup tires to really exploit the chassis differences. Meatier tires too. Handling seemed just fine with the Porsches but I simply could not keep up with the 991/992s on exit speed. Mahn they can move. GT3 was on another planet lol…

Overall had a blast with it…IMG_9977.jpegIMG_9990.jpegIMG_0003.jpegIMG_9968.jpegIMG_9942.jpegIMG_9945.jpegIMG_9944.jpegIMG_9956.jpegIMG_9985.jpegIMG_9990.jpeg

mikeavelli

Reactions
Absolutely love this car… Took it on the same roads I took the RX 500h and RZ… while they handle pretty good for suvs this is clearly ten levels up.. an absolute blast.. brakes are sensational… needs more exhaust sound tho…

2022 Lexus RC F Fuji Speedway Edition | Mountain Run Feedback