12th Generation E120 Toyota Corolla Thread (Hatch, Sedan, Cross, GR)

Lexucator

Fan
Reactions
Holy sh*t they're going all out with this car.
Great information. Thanks for posting.

I noticed Matt Maran recording his video on the GR Corolla in the background as I watched this video. I just finished watching Matt’s video, as a matter of fact. He had many positive things to say about the new Corolla.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Anyone know the rev band the GR engine operates within?

MB just launched their 4 cylinder E turbo setup and well its got some wanky power output thats available only in the higher RPM band and produces less power. I wonder if MB might need to import this new motor for the SL base AMG.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The SL43's four-cylinder makes
381 horsepower (284 kilowatts) at 6,750 rpm.
354 pound-feet (480 Newton-meters) starting at 3,250 rpm and holding steady to 5000 revs.

Interesting power setup for these tiny engines.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Initial allocation?
6600 MY23 inbound to the US, where each dealer gets about 3 cars.
2000 MY23 Global

Reactions
I was helping a friend buy a Tacoma yesterday where he put a deposit down...supply is tight on everything. We went to a major Toyota dealer and the sales guy that helped us said that their dealer was already booked out for reservations on both the Circuit and Core (since one of the very few dealers in the area that sell at MSRP), and most of the deposits were from people of the dealership owners and/or VIPs referred by Toyota. Basically, us peasants are SOL.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
We know those guys are only buying it to resale it for more than what they got it for

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
We know those guys are only buying it to resale it for more than what they got it for
Yea, the widespread scalping of everything really sucks. It's really a shame because these weasels slipping themselves into the profit stream of the hobby hurts the hobby. They both take money out of the hobby and dampen enthusiasm around the hobby because they make it hard for actual enthusiasts to get one. Cycling is probably my only hobby that isn't seeing these no-value-added turds infiltrating. Lego, live music, and hot wheels definitely have a bunch of people that buy up limited quantities just to toss them on their reselling site. You know we are going to have some jerk buy one just to make a crash video. Reddit and youtube have contributed massively to this.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Yea, the widespread scalping of everything really sucks. It's really a shame because these weasels slipping themselves into the profit stream of the hobby hurts the hobby. They both take money out of the hobby and dampen enthusiasm around the hobby because they make it hard for actual enthusiasts to get one. Cycling is probably my only hobby that isn't seeing these no-value-added turds infiltrating. Lego, live music, and hot wheels definitely have a bunch of people that buy up limited quantities just to toss them on their reselling site. You know we are going to have some jerk buy one just to make a crash video. Reddit and youtube have contributed massively to this.
Yep, keep an eye out on those popular and assholic car youtubers, they'll definitely buy the GR Corolla, do some stupid modifications to it, abuse the crap out of it and blow up the engine and drivetrain in the process so that they can make some inflammatory, clickbait videos about it.

Reactions
Yep, keep an eye out on those popular and assholic car youtubers, they'll definitely buy the GR Corolla, do some stupid modifications to it, abuse the crap out of it and blow up the engine and drivetrain in the process so that they can make some inflammatory, clickbait videos about it.
I'm using that word now. 😂💀