Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I love my 23GX, buuuuut it is way to slow, a/c on and four famiy members, you better not be driving on highway left line. I lerned my lesson.

I'm with you! Not going anywhere fast, but I just can't get around the turbo lag and throttle response of the V35A for now. I hope Lexus continues to refine it in the future :)

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
There's an LS500 OEM ECU flash available. I feel its tangentially related to ask if anyone has seen any before/after commentary online anywhere.

Hopefully it isnt a fundamental problem of the motor design. I cant imagine they cant tune around it.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
There's an LS500 OEM ECU flash available. I feel its tangentially related to ask if anyone has seen any before/after commentary online anywhere.

Hopefully it isnt a fundamental problem of the motor design. I cant imagine they cant tune around it.
If that's the same flash that's stock in the 2021+ I think it's a significant improvement over the 2018-2020. Much punchier at low speeds, and the "press the gas pedal and the car thinks about its life for a while while traffic approaches rapidly" thing is gone.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I'm with you! Not going anywhere fast, but I just can't get around the turbo lag and throttle response of the V35A for now. I hope Lexus continues to refine it in the future :)
I've only driven Tundra with the V35 and I had no concerns about throttle response or turbo lag.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I've only driven Tundra with the V35 and I had no concerns about throttle response or turbo lag.

Good to hear. A lot of the Tundra forums and groups are filled with complaints of turbo lag but hopefully it's not too widespread.

Easy fix: iForce MAX 🥵

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but the reveal is likely on June 8, 2023 at 8PM ET and for CET in Europe, 2:00 AM @Will1991 and @Levi, plus anyone else in that timezone or GMT 1 hour earlier.
You haven't posted here in almost three years, so it is nice to have you back. I'm not sure what you are so upset about...?

There was discussion earlier in this thread with people swearing the TX was the GX and you were not one of them. That discussion is what I was referencing.

Otherwise...
As you note in your own post, information from secondhand and thirdhand sources can sometimes be wrong, and I don't think anyone is too worried about some of your info being wrong from time to time because the vast majority of it is good and turns out to be true. I certainly don't fault you for that, and as the LC F discussion shows, people tend to take your information for absolute truth and in some cases, you had good information originally but projects die or change. Then the timing of anticipated projects changing or not coming to market is what makes things look askew, but that also is not your fault. This was my point, clearly stated, in that post.

As you mentioned, you are not all-knowing -- nor am I, nor is anyone. I think you've done a great job sharing what you know and keeping the enthusiast community in the loop with 95% good information. When I shared things with you in confidence that you posted in other places, it showed me that I cannot trust you, but that was a long time ago now and I'm not harboring any ill will or beef with you over that.

Your post seems very angry and accusatory, yet I am not either of those things. Hope you are well, it would be nice to have you back on Lexus Enthusiast if you're open to it? I'm happy to clear up any of the personal stuff with you in PM, but it would be best to get this thread back to the GX. :)(y)

I've spent good to know how to reply to this diplomatically (and keep it simple), as I respect this forum as being extremely civil and not wanting to contribute to unwelcome drama. I now get the context of the correction in an administrative capacity.

I put the forum in an awkward position, in having to prematurely comment on a vehicle in development and nowhere near being revealed. While I might have corrected course elsewhere in July 2022, I didn't do so here and in most cases, it means only the administrative staff of this forum could set the narrative straight and could get into trouble for it.

Honestly, I think both of us would laugh at the bad information I was given by my source, versus me internalizing it as a personal offense as I did. I really do not want to be put in the same boat as some vloggers (who shall not be mentioned by name), that are so stubborn and refuse to admit to human fault, despite having a loud voice that can influence public sentiment wrong or right. Nor made into an inside joke per se.

I just found out that the Tacoma has an 8-Speed and color me shocked at some bad info once again on that. That being said, there's some inside line I have from HQs Drive and just like you, I'm beginning to realize I need to be careful what I share publicly and not burn any bridges for very good reason.

I'll never forget last June, seeing Rivian vehicles being tested at the TMNA HQ and being asked to politely go about my business there or leave, when I commented on them to the security desk lady. LOL

I'll ease back into posting here, but as a whole I'm finding myself stretched very thin all over the place anyway. I won't avoid posting, but it's probably going to be infrequent on all websites. I'm wrapping up Tacoma coverage finally and onto things remaining on GA-F. Once that is done, I'm just gonna comment very laidback and not in the same capacity.

Someone is claiming this is close to the 2025 4Runner, when you add more angular lines. Ironically, this is the same source of that TX gaffe. Unlike the TX and GX last June/July, he has worked on the alleged 930B, seen it, sat inside of it, and driven it. For proof, I'll only provide that via PM. We'll see if it lives up to accurate, because it's not 100%, but add some angular lines and tone it a bit down, it's correct. This guy is not involved with GX, but when it comes to things 4Runner, very informative for me since 2021 and told me about GX hybrid early.

1132480.jpg

Last edited:

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
4Runner will be Tacoma with a canopy and probably a different front bumper/grille. Tundra:Sequoia::Tacoma:4Runner.
Not so sure about that.. the previous gen Sequoias were also similarly related to the Tundras, whereas the 4Rs have been visually separated from the Tacomas for a few generations now.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Not so sure about that.. the previous gen Sequoias were also similarly related to the Tundras, whereas the 4Rs have been visually separated from the Tacomas for a few generations now.
Tacomas and 4Runners didn’t share platforms the past few generations and were developed a lot more independently. This time they are sharing platform, sharing redesign schedule, sharing customer base… it’s gonna be more similar than ever.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Tacomas and 4Runners didn’t share platforms the past few generations and were developed a lot more independently. This time they are sharing platform, sharing redesign schedule, sharing customer base… it’s gonna be more similar than ever.
Tacoma and 4Runner both ride on the Prado platform and have been for the past few generations.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Tacoma and 4Runner both ride on the Prado platform and have been for the past few generations.
Tacoma shares front suspension and drivetrain components with 4Runner, but Tacoma has been very North America specific since its inception. Leaf spring, c channel frame, etc. More of a comfort truck than the Hilux workhorse. 4Runner stayed much more similar to Prado.

And maybe Carmaker isn’t the only person with connections. ;)

Last edited: