16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Same as RX, Highlander and Crown Crossover, same wheelbase all four.
Looks like for those wanting RWD-biased AWD Toyota/Lexus vehicles, we will have to wait for 2nd gen BEVs.

I was too young to notice RWD handling advantages when my dad had 190E, 260E and C280 in the past. From all my readings, it seems RWD-biased AWD vehicles it will be for me in the future.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Saw a crown the other day in the red and black scheme. It took me a minute to recognize it, the silhouette isnt too distinct at first glance. Looks nice, but i think the sedan will look better.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
2026 can't come quickly enough. :^(
I wonder if we will experience more deflection when Lexus becomes an all-electric brand by 2030.

I'm not a proponent of ICEV or BEV but I am almost certain I'm going BEV for my next new car purchase, and it will likely be a Lexus but too bad it will have to be a CUV, for my wife.

What matters most to be is reliability and Toyota probably has got its battery cell balancing software/technology down to a tee. 2nd gen BEVs owners will probably not have the growth pangs the Bz owners are experiencing and even those will be fixed by Toyota in due course anyway.

Reactions
Not a fan of Doug Demuro & his elementary car reviews but his general take on the new Toyota Crown is spot on.
This. I wonder if traditional Crown buyers in Japan that usually buy new one every 3-5 years will continue to do so with this one, or just wait for the Crown Sport.
I can't give any less of a damn what that idiot says. He's so biased against Toyotas it's not even funny.
And yet, he owns a nice Highlander
1682535688034.png

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Crown sport

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
So they had groups of buyers at Fuji Speedway to drive it? I guess that design must be fairly final.

If they offer this with the 2.4L turbo hybrid powertrain… 👀. The design is probably one of Toyota’s best in the last decade or two. I really like it.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Yeah, the Sport Type looks great inside out.

Wish it had brake-based torque vectoring, at thee very least and drives better than the Venza and even the UX250h.