2nd Generation Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ Thread (3cyl GR 86 Coming?)

Levi

Expert
Reactions
from what i've heard from a friend that works there, he was abusing the car without waiting for the break-in and same thing with the second motor
You are saying he is a Ford fan trying to bring negativity on Toyota?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
from what i've heard from a friend that works there, he was abusing the car without waiting for the break-in and same thing with the second motor
I still cannot fathom how a vehicle burns down if you dont follow the break in rules?

In addition this RTV scandal Toyo is in seems global. Are these all bad actors working in tandem?

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I still cannot fathom how a vehicle burns down if you dont follow the break in rules?

In addition this RTV scandal Toyo is in seems global. Are these all bad actors working in tandem?
Reports of fresh-off-the-lot new cars having weird major failures from all makers seem to be up. I've seen pictures/videos including the water pump exploding on a brand new 4Runner, new Broncos dropping valves and grenading the engine while driving off the dealer lot, and pretty much everything Stellantis makes needing a new engine or transmission before 150 miles. I'd love to see actual data instead of just what makes social media though.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Anyone got any leads where I can find a manual base model GR86/BRZ without markup or waitlist?

I'm in SoCal, Longo Toyota has a 300+ waitlist and the only Penske Subaru has closed their orders cause they're backordered right now with 11 people awaiting a build slot. Thanks y'all 🙃

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Maybe the worst article I’ve seen in 2022 and that says a lot

Cliffs…. the GR86 finishes fourth hahahhahahah

Honda/Hyundai Trend at it again
Well, it was the 6AT version of the GR 86. I'd have a hard time placing that at the top against 6MT equipped hot hatches.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Not to mention the Elantra N is also leagues ahead in performance, the N-Line would've made more sense as it's a Civic Si competitor even though the N matches WRX in power output.

Yeah, putting an auto GR86 is so stupid against these cars is so stupid.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
GR86 is the best car around 35K. Every alternative in this price range is neither a smart buy eco budget daily (which would be a Dacia or a Corolla hybrid), nor a luxurious comfortable miles eater as IS/ES or anything of the kind, let it even be a mid sized CUV.

Reactions
Anyone got any leads where I can find a manual base model GR86/BRZ without markup or waitlist?

I'm in SoCal, Longo Toyota has a 300+ waitlist and the only Penske Subaru has closed their orders cause they're backordered right now with 11 people awaiting a build slot. Thanks y'all 🙃
Waitlist, that's tough. But without markup, there's plenty more Subaru dealers in the area that are MSRP, just got to look for them. I heard of Subaru Glendale and a dealer in Bakersfield. More Mazda dealers are selling at MSRP from what I've read (Capo Mazda in OC)