Reactions
Just found BZ5x to SOP 9-5-2023
Georgetown KY

20211214-bev-12-1639491073.jpg

Last edited:

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
2030 or 2023? If it is 2023, we should see camouflaged examples on the roads in the near future.

Georgetown, Indiana or Georgetown, Kentucky (which already has a large Toyota presence)? Georgetown, Indiana looks to be a small rural town.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
2030 or 2023? If it is 2023, we should see camouflaged examples on the roads in the near future.

Georgetown, Indiana or Georgetown, Kentucky (which already has a large Toyota presence)? Georgetown, Indiana looks to be a small rural town.
The Toyota plant apologies.

Last edited:

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Been hearing from friends back in China that CATL is getting in trouble, both domestically and internationally. It will likely be sanctioned in the near future AND domestic customers have been jumping ship as well. Don't know what's causing problems internally but the outlook is bearish. BYD is much harder to sanction since it's product portfolio is much more diverse and is more willing to "cooperate" with international parties.

There could be earthquakes in the EV supplier market in the near future. Now I see why TMC has been distancing itself from CATL and wants to take over Panasonic's battery division (but failed).

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I hope they don't regret the BYD partnership, as the LFP fire resistance turned out to be a myth. BYD accounted for majority of EV fires in China this year, and most are spontaneous combustion when the cars is parked. By comparison most NCM fires are during charging. Tesla EVs have much fewer fires and all fires are caused by collisions.
FdODSPOagAA2k6l_1.jpeg

FdODSPHakAAh-I1_1.jpeg

FdODSPLaUAE0DAg_1.jpeg

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The bZ3 will probably be a BEV equivalent of the Corolla sedan. Could be 35-40k, Telsa 3 non-existent base price.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Will it come to Europe?
I read somewhere that it is China first, followed by Europe and (North America). Which hopefully means that the kinks will be ironed out when it gets to the rest of the world.

Corolla length with Camry wheelbase should be good for interior space.