2021 Toyota Venza (Global Harrier)

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
tl:dr for that entire video and probably majority of comments and experiences is the Venza is a Lexus Lite product.

Numbers seem to put this ahead of the discontinued version

Last edited:
Reactions
tl:dr for that entire video and probably majority of comments and experiences is the Venza is a Lexus Lite product.

Numbers seem to put this ahead of the discontinued version
If the shoe fits...The timing was perfect to bring it back when some people were ready to forget about it (and join names like the Matrix and Solara); indeed, the first Venza came out when the market wasn't quite ready for it (nor was it for a Crossturd or ZDX), and marketed oddly as an empty nester lifestyle vehicle.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
If the shoe fits...The timing was perfect to bring it back when some people were ready to forget about it (and join names like the Matrix and Solara); indeed, the first Venza came out when the market wasn't quite ready for it (nor was it for a Crossturd or ZDX), and marketed oddly as an empty nester lifestyle vehicle.
The Gen1 Venza may not have sold well in the USA but it sold well here in Canada. Perhaps it was seen as too much like a Camry Wagon (and we know that station wagons do not sell in the USA).

Unfortunately, my wife did not like it (did not like how it looked, not because it was a station wagon) and too bad there was no Hybrid version available, otherwise it could have been a possible option for me.

Reactions
The Gen1 Venza may not have sold well in the USA but it sold well here in Canada. Perhaps it was seen as too much like a Camry Wagon (and we know that station wagons do not sell in the USA).

Unfortunately, my wife did not like it (did not like how it looked, not because it was a station wagon) and too bad there was no Hybrid version available, otherwise it could have been a possible option for me.
I didn't see the numbers for Canada, but did it really do better? One of the biggest gripes about it was the interior, particularly the material. But that was par for that era, as many Toyotas suffered with the cost cutting of the late 00's/early 10s. I know I was appalled by the cheapness of the dashes in the Camrys and Corollas I drove.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I didn't see the numbers for Canada, but did it really do better? One of the biggest gripes about it was the interior, particularly the material. But that was par for that era, as many Toyotas suffered with the cost cutting of the late 00's/early 10s. I know I was appalled by the cheapness of the dashes in the Camrys and Corollas I drove.
The numbers of Gen1 Venzas sold in Canada may not have been more than in the USA (Canadian sales are, at best only about 10% of USA's) but in proportion of crossovers sold, it looked to be quite high; I saw quite a few on the roads, even in comparison with other similarly-sized crossovers, like the Highlander.

Our preferences in vehicle types is not the same as in the USA; we like hatchbacks, we like smaller cars (and are willing to pay more for smaller cars) for instance, but because we are such a small market, we tend to get what the USA gets.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
And just like that new infotainment, fog lights, and safety setup. Toyota is really bucking the trend with their refreshes.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
GAC's exterior styling of the Venza looks really close to the future spindle body style of Lexus. I prefer this look to the NX.
big1-jpg.6071

big2.jpg
big3.jpg

Attachments

• big1.jpg
    big1.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 194

Motor

Expert
Reactions

TOYOTA Harrier set up a new car equipped with a plug-in hybrid system, gasoline and hybrid cars will be released on October 4, and the plug-in hybrid vehicle (PHEV) will be released on October 31.

Last edited:

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
Great, more PHEV choice from Toyota. PHEVs are not sexy and cool but they are such a practical choice where I live with not the greatest DC infrastructure.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
A Harrier Z / Venza Prime is great news, although not a total surprise, given that the Harrier / Venza is just a RAV4 with a different body.

But I am still holding out -- hoping -- for a PHEV sedan that is larger than the Prius Prime, something like a Camry Prime, Crown Prime or ES h+.

Reactions
A Harrier Z / Venza Prime is great news, although not a total surprise, given that the Harrier / Venza is just a RAV4 with a different body.

But I am still holding out -- hoping -- for a PHEV sedan that is larger than the Prius Prime, something like a Camry Prime, Crown Prime or ES h+.

Venza Prime would be so freakin' badass. I'd want one.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• Tech-Infused Premium CUV with Standard Hybrid Powertrain for a Manufacturer-Estimated 39 Combined MPG Rating
  • Standard Electronic On-Demand All-Wheel Drive
  • Available 12.3-inch Toyota Audio Multimedia and Star Gaze™ Panoramic Roof
  • Dramatic Venza Nightshade Available with Blacked-Out 19-inch Wheels, Upper Grille, and Badging
  • Toyota Audio Multimedia and Toyota Safety Sense 2.5 Standard