16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
I can't see this sedan doing well in America, especially if it's more expensive than the Avalon. Why?

It's ugly.

It doesn't look particularly large?

The ES.
If the Crown fails as a Toyota, they can just cancel and disavow its existence. Can't do that with a prominent nameplate like ES!

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Honestly this month I tried Citroen C4x, Opel Mokka, Volvo S60 high and they're the same concept of the Crown of low profile sporty CUV or high profile sporty sedan

I feel the crown may really evolve in good way adding to this the new direct 4 and maybe even more powerful hybrid engines

It will be amazing just the front and rear faces needs to be deserve this tech

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I can't see this sedan doing well in America, especially if it's more expensive than the Avalon. Why?

It's ugly.

It doesn't look particularly large?

The ES.
A standalone Crown sedan model won't sell in North America, but not for those reasons. It won't sell because North Americans have given up on full-size sedans (no more Avalon or Taurus or Impala) and mid-size sedans (unless they are named Camry or Accord), buying crossover models (hatchback and station wagons with black plastic underbody cladding, riding on higher suspensions) instead.

(Ugly? The current Camry, in SE and XSE trim especially, is not exactly good looking.)

I could see a Crown Cross (a Camry Wagon similar to an Outback) sell in limited numbers or a Camry Crown high-end trim of the Camry (that would be a funny name, since "Camry" is derived from the Japanese name for crown, "kanmuri", so we would have a car named Crown Crown).

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
I think It will look and do great. I felt the same way about the avalon until I saw it in person.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
A standalone Crown sedan model won't sell in North America, but not for those reasons. It won't sell because North Americans have given up on full-size sedans (no more Avalon or Taurus or Impala) and mid-size sedans (unless they are named Camry or Accord), buying crossover models (hatchback and station wagons with black plastic underbody cladding, riding on higher suspensions) instead.

(Ugly? The current Camry, in SE and XSE trim especially, is not exactly good looking.)

I could see a Crown Cross (a Camry Wagon similar to an Outback) sell in limited numbers or a Camry Crown high-end trim of the Camry (that would be a funny name, since "Camry" is derived from the Japanese name for crown, "kanmuri", so we would have a car named Crown Crown).
If it's a liftback like the A7 or Stinger where it looks like a sleek sedan but actually great trunk space it should sell a bit better. Toyota doesn't have anything like that so it would be good to test it out and see if some buyers will go with this sedan with a good amount of trunk space since that's one of the reasons people go with crossovers.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
If it's a liftback like the A7 or Stinger where it looks like a sleek sedan but actually great trunk space it should sell a bit better. Toyota doesn't have anything like that so it would be good to test it out and see if some buyers will go with this sedan with a good amount of trunk space since that's one of the reasons people go with crossovers.
Always wondering about that "trunk space". The only times I see that trunk space utilized is when families go on vacation (which is rare or poor people move -- caring their things in their "little" car rather than hiring movers with a truck -- which also is rare.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Always wondering about that "trunk space". The only times I see that trunk space utilized is when families go on vacation (which is rare or poor people move -- caring their things in their "little" car rather than hiring movers with a truck -- which also is rare.
I agree fully.

Reactions
Article with two new spy shots from Moby

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Article with two new spy shots from Moby
So is this spotted car the Sedan or the CUV! , Can it be the Wagon

3 Crowns is crazy much

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions