5th Generation RX Discussion: Official Thread (RX 500h, 450h+, 350h and More)

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I wondered how they are going to price the 500h FSP against its top competitors.......
View attachment 5972
View attachment 5973
View attachment 5974

Perhaps the closest model to compete with in terms of powertrain that I can think of
View attachment 5975
Or let's put this another way......what are some of the appeal factors that would make you want to buy the RX500h FSP?
Performance? the brand? design and quality? or gas mileage?
Simple, you have wanted a actual performance RX with Lexus reliability. I doubt they're pulling in the AMG buyer who wants the pedigree.

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
Another home run by Lexus. After the new IS refresh, I hope this ushers in cleaner looking designs while keeping that Lexus edginess. This video highlights why I think the RX is well-designed.

To Lexus: more of this please! And less of the RZ and UX design mess.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I wondered how they are going to price the 500h FSP against its top competitors.......
View attachment 5972
View attachment 5973
View attachment 5974

Perhaps the closest model to compete with in terms of powertrain that I can think of
View attachment 5975
Or let's put this another way......what are some of the appeal factors that would make you want to buy the RX500h FSP?
Performance? the brand? design and quality? or gas mileage?
those are NX competitors, when the NX500H comes out it'll compete with X3 M40 and GLC 43. RX is X5 and GLE competitor

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
those are NX competitors, when the NX500H comes out it'll compete with X3 M40 and GLC 43. RX is X5 and GLE competitor

Dimension wise yes, but they tend to price closer to models that are one step below, hence I brought up X3 and GLC. I kinda made X5 45e potentially one of its closest competitor too but to be frank.......if you really wanna talk about its actual competitor, then both X5 M50i and GLE 53 are gonna run circles around the RX FSP (though price wise also in different territory so really it's more of a toss up whether you see them as direct competitors).

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I just want a powerful six-cylinder. How much is that to ask? 😭😭

My mouth waters thinking about the B58.
too bad the v35 will only be in pickups and the LS which would probably be electric soon. I can only imagine if toyota puts 2 G16E 1.6 together for a b58 like engine. Im getting too excited typing this lol

Jonas

Fan
Reactions
What are you waiting to go get your BMWs? ;)
Actually, like my RX 450 f-sport, could though be a bit more powerful. A 500h f-sport performance should be great, if Lexus just made it chargeable. Would miss the v6 though. Can´t get that they both ditch the v6 and leave out the possibility to charge it… Just hoping for the 500 performance to be something really special…

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The B58 engine was named World's 10 Best Engines in 2016 - 2020
The Wards award is not an objective test and almost have zero considerations for reliability and very heavily biased towards American-made engines sold in US only. It definitely isn't a "World's" best engine contest.

That being said B58 definitely deserves on that list for 5 years. But I would say the B48 is the underrated real hero. It's the golden standard for any 4-cylinder turbocharged engine and by far BMW's most produced engine.

mikeavelli

Reactions
My 2 cents after having the tt-v6 in the LX vs the old V-8. I thought it was a mistake and i would miss the V-8. This is simply a better unit i’m pretty much every way but maybe some times during idling. It performs substantially better with better MPG.

Mind you it lost 450lbs and gained 30hp and what 80lbs of torque?

So with the RX 500 it’s 200lbs lighter. Then it’s got over 60 more hp and what over 100lbs of torque over the 350? (not sure of 450h but that’s not tuned for performance like this is).

So i say that to say i fully expect it to perform very well even though it’s not a V-6.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Proto software. Are they finally upgrading their Camera quality?
Anyone notices its 360 view still has NX 3D model on it? And I totally agree the 360 view needs a complete overhaul in terms of usability and graphic.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Some of these youtubers popularity truly baffles me.
Dont hate the player hate the game. LOL

Toyota's PR engagement of social media/platforms are part of the game these days. Toyota holding "HQ confidentials", engaging forums like this and others, and clickybait media personnel keep Lexus on the mind in repetitive news cycles. I would wager their ad budget is more social media then traditional print/journs (well unless your Honda/Genesistrend lol).